Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 06-10-2019, 11:42 AM   #1
Bloxo
getDare Devil

Default GetDare Etiquette, Make friends and influence others - a guide by Bloxo

The GetDare good etiquette guide

Welcome all, I hope this page finds you well and that you are as excited to be a member of this glorious group as I am...you have found a very special corner of the internet, one that can bring you much joy, much growth and much exploration into who you are!
But such a thing doesn’t happen by chance, a group like this is only as amazing as the members who make it up and the way they help to manage this site and it’s content.

Now...as much as this is meant to be a one fits all type of guide, of course everyone is different, that special individuality is what helps to make this an interesting and different place!
That being said...you may think differently to me and disagree with some of the things I say here...that is fine, I am not pretending to be a master of this...I simply seek to help you all along the way and make this site grow and be a great place for all

Getting started on GetDare:

Where does everyone start on this site?...Creating a profile of course!
Now many people see this as annoying admin...but actually having a good profile can be a good way to meet new people...let’s explore profiles for a minute shall we?

Here you reveal as much or as little as yourself as fits your preference, naturally a lot of people prefer to remain more anonymous on this site...and for good reason, but that doesn’t mean you should have a blank page when people decide to look you up!
Also be careful what you post here, sharing your email address, where you live...anything too personal may be dangerous or exploited by unscrupulous users!

Firstly Picture:
Now the GetDare rules mean that whatever you post here it should be tasteful...so no nudity, besides...it can be quite off putting and disturbing to see someone’s junk just floating there, very few people post pictures of themselves at all.
Maybe find a cool picture you associate with, if you want to be a bit racy go with hentai/anime, be creative if you feel like it, but it’s better to have something than nothing.
Just bear in mind the size restrictions (remember this site is old and has its limitations) you can use various programs or apps to resize images if you find the perfect one for you!

The about section:
I’d say this is mainly for fun...but it can give members some key information, such as what you’d like to be called on here (how you should be addressed), what your kink role is if you have figured that out yet, what you are looking for here...and perhaps what you aren’t looking for can be a good thing to point out!
But it can also be fun, a place to say something funny, be a little creative and let people know what you are about!
You can customise the background as well if you are more creatively inclined and really make your profile stand out from the crowd!

Your signature:
I would say this is one of the most critical parts of the profile...as whenever you make a post this is what people will see and can be a good spot to advertise yourself...or warn others to stay away haha
For more information on your signature, I would direct you to a guide I created for this another time:
https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=353984

Now that you have your profile up and running...let’s look at some other parts of the site:

Blogs: I find this a great outlet, sometimes to vent, to share a fun experience, to impart wisdom or to have a bit of self admin…
Whatever your reason, posting Blogs is good, I have actually met a few people on this site who have got in contact with me because of blog posts I have written, it’s a good way to be recognised by parts of the community here and if you decide to go reading around you will find all sorts of interesting material.
A blog post is the part of the site to bear your soul...rather than your genitals, though some people use it to write about that too haha

Chat: This is another great way to meet people on here, a lot of the site members almost exclusively use this feature...so you can reach a part of the forum that you would otherwise miss out on if you stick to the threads, a few do’s and don'ts I’d suggest:

Do:
Engage in conversation (lurkers are a little creepy to me)
Join in on current discussions in a positive way
Bring up interesting topics
Be playful
Be considerate of others

Don’t:
Be rude to other users
Be unnecessarily crude - unless it’s in the spirit of the conversation
Don’t hassle people
Don’t self advertise too much
Don’t ask for dares or impose your kinks on a chat unless you have the right setting for that
Don’t launch any personal attacks on people
Don’t be overly silly (unless it’s in good fun and the group enjoys it)

PM’s (or Private Messages):
Sometimes we like to meet people one on one and this can be hard in chat environment with everything going on, or we may want to talk about things we consider to be a bit more private.
If you think a member of the site could be interesting to know or fun to chat to then you should consider the following when reaching out to someone:
What are they looking for? - All too often I hear people complaining because they don’t want dares and keep being inundated by them, that they get messages that people don’t read their profile (I know it’s happened to me too now and then!)
Before messaging, it would be worth reading through posts they’ve made or reading Blogs they have written, you can find these on the Statistics part of their profile.
Ask interesting questions: Want to get to know a member, then ask them things...just try to keep it relevant, simply saying something like, “how’s it going?” Could just be ignored, maybe pick something on their profile you want to know more about, or ask some more general questions to start to show them you’re interested, you could comment on something they have written in a post, perhaps they have a shared interest on their profile,
Of course you can always send them a dare...but before that, ask yourself these questions:
Do they state that they are looking to receive a dare on their profile?
Do you know their likes, dislikes and limits? - If so, read this very carefully when planning your dare, if not...then ask!
And remember this...don’t hassle, if someone doesn’t reply...Don’t Spam Them With Messages! GetDare is much like the real world, sometimes people just don’t want to talk to you!
Also girls in particular on this site may be inundated with messages, it may take them time to read through them all and get to yours, be patient and don’t be pushy!

Creating Posts:

First off, key bit of advice, post in the right section of the forum! - The mods will get you if you don’t...well at least delete your post!

Use the preview function to see how your post looks before posting it, trust me this is a good way to look for formatting errors and also to get an experience of what it will be like to read your post!

You can only have 5 Smileys in one post...pick carefully

So maybe you are the creative type, or have some great ideas to share for Dares or activities, this should be encouraged...but I would suggest thinking about the following:

Creating Dares:
Firstly...is your idea really original? It is worth searching through the forum, either by going page by page or doing some searches with the search tool, look for key words related to your dare, it may just be someone has already created something just like it before.
Learn from others, read a range of dares already on the site to get a feel on what makes a good dare, you can judge this often by the number of responses a post has received.
Think of a catchy title, something bold and original or funny and cute, make that post get peoples notice! Yet make it informative.
If you list rules, make sure they are sensible and clear to understand.
Check your post for formatting, grammatical and spelling errors before hand, presentation helps!
You can play with fonts, colours, etc to make it more fun for the audience to read.
I’m sure some people could give a masterclass on this subject, but I’ll stop there.

One tip I’ll share is to write it out in a program such as Google Docs and paste it in...just in case something happens by accident and you delete the post before sharing and also to easily have errors flagged to you.

Truths:
Much of the same applies really, this part of the forum can be fun, make your questions interesting...I’ve learned not to ask too many...it can put people off!

Request Truth Or Dare:
This can be a hard part of the forum to crack I’ve found, I’ve often have had to really on friends on the site to help get this going for me...when you are a guy especially it can be hard to get people to notice your post...especially girls, who lets face it...are in the minority on this site.
Try to make it fun, make it easy and put a decent level of detail into your post, don’t bump it every hour because you haven’t had many responses!
Try to make a theme behind it and be specific about what you expect and what you want to receive.
Oh and finally, be careful what you ask for! Sometimes people will take advantage of simple posts...someone asks for a few edges without setting any limits on the posters...they can get thousands! Be warned and think carefully before requesting something, lay down some ground rules to stop people over posting and abusing your foolishness!

Creating a BDSM Add:
This too is difficult, especially for guys...I myself have had no luck in this area, what I’d suggest here is to look at what others have done, which posts have had more responses, be detailed and put a lot of effort into these posts, people will switch off instantly if they see little time put into them!
Be honest, be witty...do whatever you need to do to be you!

Replying to posts:
Now as a fairly regular poster...I definitely have a few bugs to bear when it comes to replies on posts...namely...people don’t read things properly! They don’t follow the rules you set out, they can post nonsense into your thread, so please...read a post carefully before posting to it yourself! I can’t say that enough.
Post in the spirit of the post, don’t go too crazy and make your contribution well thought out and relevant

Right...I’ve gone on and on...and to be honest if you have gotten this far then you can have a cookie...you just have to find me to get it!
I hope you have found something useful in this post and I hope it has made you think about what you do on this site.
I’m aware I probably haven’t covered every aspect of the site...but this is the steam I have and most of what I’d say going forward would likely just be variations of the above anyway.

Just remember to have fun here, be considerate to others and help to make this site a better place!

Likes/Dislikes/Limits/Toys
PM DARES!

I'm straight and will only take Dares from Girls, please bear this in mind when writing to me.

Please be genuine, be fun and have a good heart...with a sadistic streak hehe...6 inches

Curious about me or Poland? check out my Youtube!
Bloxo is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 5 users say Thank You to Bloxo for this post:

Tags
guide, posts, rules