Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 07-03-2020, 06:25 AM   #1
Kah
Account Banned

Default Advice for dating older people

Hi there, so I'm not very experienced in my love life, having been raised in a very oppressive religious household, so I'm not very well versed in dating or relationships. While I was bored and stuck at home I figured why not sign onto some dating apps to get some human interaction and I think I struck a real connection with this guy who messaged me. For a month now we have been talking constantly, text and video chat, and he wants to meet me after the lockdown ends, but I'm kinda nervous.

My main concern is the age difference. I am 24 and he is 44, but he looks early 30's, and I was just wondering if this type of age difference is okay or should I look for someone more my age?

All advice is greatly appreciated, and to answer a question I'm sure you will ask, no he does not know about my GetDare life

<3 Kah

Likes: Exhibitionism. Pain. Roleplay. Humiliation. Name calling. Bodywriting. Games.

Dislikes: Bondage. Sensory deprivation. Edging. Cold showers.

Limits: Illegal. Permanent. Pee/poo. Blood. Family/friends.

Hi guys. I took a bit of a break for my mental wellbeing, but lately have been teasing the idea of coming back to GetDare. I return with a clean bill of health and am ready to experience the joys this website can bestow once again.

PM DARES

<3 Kah
Kah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 06:59 AM   #2
PrincessJessica
Truth or Dare Zealot

This could be the blind leading the blind (also inexperienced) but age doesn't matter too much imo. It's important to feel safe, have a connection ideally both physically and emotionally. Those things are too hard to find to dismiss on something as arbitrary as age.

You may find your social life and interests might differ more than normal but I hope it works out for you. Meet somewhere public (preferably let a friend know the time & place / arrange to call) and keep safe when meeting someone from the Internet.
Subscribe to my nudes and help deny me

Loves: Bets, Denial, Feminisation, Humiliation, Online Exhibitionism, Teasing
Likes: a2m, Body Writing, Degradation (to a degree), Exposure, Femdom, Pain, RP, SPH
Dislikes: (Small) Anal, CBT, Cornertime, Cum Eating
Limits:
Blackmail, Dangerous, Face (my choice), Public

PM & Kik dares / Sub Guide (Full Likes & Limits) / Toys & Clothes
PrincessJessica is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to PrincessJessica for this post:
Old 07-03-2020, 08:19 AM   #3
atownesq
Distinguished Member

Send a message via Yahoo to atownesq

As an older person myself, I don't think you should dismiss him just because of his age. Chemistry, and of course the quality of the person is much more important. I agree with PrincessJessica that you might have different interests, etc, but assuming you like the guy I say embrace those and you can learn a lot from each other. My last D/s relationship (admittedly long distance/online) my Domme was 11 years younger than me, and we are still the best of friends and talk on a daily basis.

Most people my age are married and have kids and their life revolves around that. I don't have or want kids, so I tend to have more in common with younger people. Interests, personality, character traits and chemistry is much more important than arbitrary age numbers, imo.

Dislikes: public, corner time, shaving, exposure, drinking pee, anal, forced bi, writing lines, pics/cam.

Limits: Illegal, permanent/long term harm, financial, vomit, pee hole insertions, blood, needles, involving others without consent.

PM Dares

Toys/Clothes
atownesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 09:22 PM   #4
iamnotme

I could fit the description of how you described your date. My opinion is that the age difference is only an issue if it is an issue. The reason why large age differences are discouraged is because people of different age groups tend to not have as much in common and also because they are at different stages of growth.

My biggest concern is the fact that you said you grew up in an oppressive home. Being older, he will most likely have a take charge attitude in the relationship, something that you suggested you wanted to get away from. That isn't an automatic disqualification, but it is something you should be wary of.
iamnotme is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk