Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth or Dare Stories > The Authors' Cafe

Old 07-12-2011, 11:18 AM   #1
amenablerebel

Default Help with new story

I'm thinking about starting a story set a little bit in the future in the military. It would be MxM and follow a few good men through boot camp and beyond and document the trouble and mischief they get into. It would probablly involve S&M as well as TorD.

Would there be interest in this story?

Also any advice from veteran writers about how to start a story would be appreciated.

Thanks
amenablerebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:43 AM   #2
Komodo Jones
getDare Succubus

I could see myself reading this seeing that I'm partially bi. I don't consider myself a veteran writer but as of starting a story I do have a few tips. Make sure that you know who your main characters are going to be, what they look like and what their personalities are. Instead of blatantly stating what your chracter's personalities are like though try and reveal these through their actions. Don't be afraid to include details. Readers like to be able to visualize stories in their mind's eye, or at least I do. Also I say this to every author always proofread your stories before you submit them. Don't rely solely on spellcheck and grammar check. These aren't always completely reliable. Read over your story carefully and look for common spelling mistakes, usage errors, or parts of the story that are just sort of "eh...this doesn't really click." Just take your time and enjoy your writing process. Hope this helps.

38/male/partially bi/switch
D/s Status: Protector, Dom and Daddy of pixie.dust

I love meeting new, nice, smart people. I communicate through Discord mainly.

What are my limits/likes/supplies?
Click here!

Check Out my Literary Works
Targeting the Ignored [Fiction]
Some Stuff I've Done (Non-Fiction)
Komodo Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:49 AM   #3
Rachie
I am the cutest butterfly ever

I will always consider reading a new story -- please send a message / link when started.

As with the beginning of the story, there is several variations you could use.
Start in the middle - beginning - end (is some times a useful way so you can instantly start writing about the juicy stuff to draw the readers in. You canteen go at a steady place and tell us how this situation arrised.

Just a suggestion, plenty of other ways, just remember have fun, enjoy and let the words flow

All the best

Love RACHIE -(iPod)
x x x x

BED HABITS

LOLA.FOX WISHES SHE WAS MY FAVORITE USER <3
Rachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:11 PM   #4
slut101900

Default Nice Story

Nice story ideas. I hope you deside to write it

Advertisements
Kink Talk