Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth or Dare Stories > The Authors' Cafe

Old 04-13-2010, 08:18 AM   #16
heishere
getDare Sweetheart

I throw everything together in Word as I gain the time and drive to do so, but I don't save most of what I write any more, unless it's incredibly well-written - not that I don't want to, but I just can't afford the space.

Behold! He is here!

Writer, editor, photographer, and mild coffee addict
heishere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:16 AM   #17
ofthenorth
Account Banned

Send a message via AIM to ofthenorth

I typically just write late at night whenever I'm in a creative or venting mood. Writing is a release for me, I got a few psych issues and a psychologist suggested writing as an outlet so anytime I feel the need I write. The story I'm currently working on is my first that I've posted and the only one that really has a fitting on this site which is why I posted it. As for how I actually write them, well as I stated it's an outlet for me, so I write when I need to release and it just flows out. I don't plan anything, don't takes notes, I go back and read the previous bits before I start writing so I can stick to the story line and not confuse parts but aside from that it's all improv every time. So if I'm in a particularly sadistic and violent mood my story takes a spin in that direction like my latest chapter while on the flip side if I'm depressed and just trying to cope, they take a more sensual or calming side.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:50 AM   #18
NIKOLAS3220

Send a message via MSN to NIKOLAS3220

I started writing my own stuff to pass some of my free time about two years ago. It semmed that I got really good at English, which is my second language. I even think that I can write and speak better English than I do Greek, which is my first language. Anyway, about three years ago, several of my essays in EWnglish started getting high rankings in several competitions the school sent them to and since then I've been writing several stories that popped in my head. The creative person that I am, I sometimes make these stories into movies, me and some friends gather and shoot the story and make a movie. May post some links to videos inj the near future. As fars as how If an idea pops into my head I make a mental note of it and when I have access to a computer with a story in progress in it, I start writing. As far as the story I post on this site, I write about once a week and get a full chapter done. I type it in MS word to make sure I don't have any spelling mistakes and save it. Proof read it a couple of times and then post it here.

"The best way to predict the feuture is to invent it."
NIKOLAS3220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 01:08 PM   #19
Ch3rry B0mb
getDare Sweetheart

I'm a multi-paragraph, free form role player. Sometimes, I'll get ideas for stories and I write them down on anything I can get my hands on. No notebook in sight? That's fine...a napkin, candy wrapper, anything that can be written on...and I jot the main idea on it and stuff it in my purse for when I do have my laptop or notebook. I watch a lot of sci-fi and fantasy movies and read a lot of books of the same genre, which is where I draw much of my creativity from. Plus, I have an awesome imagination. (Shameless self-ego stroke.)
Ch3rry B0mb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:14 AM   #20
Srijc

Default Super New

Im super new to get dare. But I write from being turned on. And I put a password on my doc. neo office for mac. If i write from anything else other than from turn on, it turns out bad. Like I wrote from a comedian's stand up, and my main character (a person that i write like its myself) he turned out bad.

Skype meeee

Dylan and Connor, you talk to me, and I will die. But not before saying "HIIII!!!!"

my story
Friends Come Together
Srijc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:49 AM   #21
CollaredBlondie
getDare Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Shadows View Post
Other than slowly and with great difficulty? I write them up on word and copy them across. The same as with my Fan-fiction one, but that's another matter.
This, when I used to write for fan-fiction.net. I used to write a whole ton at once then upload every couple of days. Nowadays, I handwrite everything but I don't type it up.

Though we'll see if that changes in November if I attempt NaNoWriMo again...

Blondie

23/F/UK
The most fun dare I've ever read: Click me!
I do not give dares.
I do not take dares.
I am not looking for an Owner.
And, seriously, what part of my username suggests that I'm a Domme?!

Any questions? (My 'ask me anything' thread).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophical
<spice girls> If ya wanna be my master, gotta get in my chat, being a wannabe is easy but I think you're quite a tw... </spice girls>
CollaredBlondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:02 AM   #22
yours_slave
Distinguished Member

Send a message via Yahoo to yours_slave

I type it in Word because it's easy to spell check and even it suggests solutions for Grammatical errors. As a non native English speaker, I love Word. Then I copy paste the content.

And most of the time I do continue writing my story whenever I'm horny. Then only kinky things comes to my mind.
yours_slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:39 AM   #23
Rachie
I am the cutest butterfly ever

Currently have 2 stories on the go

STRIP POKER WITH A TWIST / THE SEQUEL

TEDDIES ADVENTURES

I currently write both of these on Ipod Touch. Have 2 different Ipod's for each story - Use Draft Pad.

1) Use Ipod

2) Email these to myself

3) Copy to Word

4) Edit - send to friends (poker story) to read and check - make changes if required

5a) Take Pictures, edit etc (if required)

5b) Make puzzles, games, wordsearches, crosswords, quizes etc

6) Make teaser / to private message to people who have commented

7) Post when the time is right

----------------------------------------------------------

I write all over the place, a paragraph here, and paragraph there etc. The great thing about a ipod touch, you can just whip it out (The Ipod) and can take pictures if required.

I usually post several parts a week. (Strip poker = 254 parts in 377 days) so post more days that i don't.

Ideas-
I don't tend to need idea's for the poker story, how ever when i start writing i airm for around 650 words per part, often considerably more. I always try to leave on a bit of suspense, willing viewers to come back for more.

Teddies Adventures is totally different, i have written almost 10 parts (posted 2) i can then change detail of what is coming up if i so wish. (Do similar with poker story) But as this is total make believe cuddly fun, i try to include as much fun activities that will make the readers laugh.

Love Rachie
x x x x

BED HABITS

LOLA.FOX WISHES SHE WAS MY FAVORITE USER <3
Rachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:53 PM   #24
Komodo Jones
getDare Succubus

For the most part I type them up in Word. It helps me in the revising stage if I'm just able to look over what I typed, look for grammar or spelling errors. See if some things aren't well explained or something. I sometimes do write down notes of certain chapters. However, most of my brainstorming and notes actually goes on in my head and just gets typed on to the screen. As for writing frequency, that all depends on if I have time especially with me in college now. It is difficult to find motivation sometimes or ways to describe something but I manage to push myself forward, despite me not having as many readers as other stories. But it's better that I have some instead of a resounding none. Also I tend to write my stories in long chapters. Shortness is kind of an annoyance to me and I just can't write that way. Another way I write my stories and many good authors do this is end their chapters with a cliffhanger. It creates suspense and makes the reader want more and want to know what comes next.

38/male/partially bi/switch
D/s Status: Protector, Dom and Daddy of pixie.dust

I love meeting new, nice, smart people. I communicate through Discord mainly.

What are my limits/likes/supplies?
Click here!

Check Out my Literary Works
Targeting the Ignored [Fiction]
Some Stuff I've Done (Non-Fiction)
Komodo Jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk