Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth or Dare Stories > The Authors' Cafe

View Poll Results: Which perspective do you like to read?
1st person - I 31 44.29%
3rd person - he / she 39 55.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-28-2016, 04:40 AM   #1
samskye1995
getDare Sweetheart

Default Do you prefer to read stories in 1st or 3rd person?

As the title really, which do you prefer to read? I or he / she?

Sam - 26 / F / Bi / 32D / 5'10 / 130lbs
Josh - 26 / M / Straight / 6’2 / 180lbs

Likes: Masturbation control / Nudity / Truths / Shaving / Anal / Commando / Public / Flashing / Spanking / Squirting / Friends / Wedgies / Forced orgasms / Edging / Post orgasm torture

Limits: Pics / Poo / Family / Illegal / Permanent
samskye1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to samskye1995 for this post:
Old 08-19-2017, 03:45 PM   #2
Wordsmiff
Distinguished Member

Definitely prefer to read in third person. Quite happy to write in 3rd or 1st.
Wordsmiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 05:43 PM   #3
foxknot69
getDare Devil

Do you mean any story? Or just stories on this site?

Remaining PM Tasks
Edges Before Orgasm: 0
Wedgie Time: 0 minutes
Ball Slaps: 0
Spanks: 0
Days of Denial: 0

foxknot69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 01:33 AM   #4
BarefootAlien
Barer of Feet

It really depends. For non-fiction, exclusively first person. For fiction, generally third, though there are exceptions. Rare, but they do exist, like if the "main character" is supposed to be the reader in some sense. I've also seen first person used effectively to convey that a main-character slave is so dehumanized that their third-person descriptors, name, etc, are irrelevant.

But in almost all cases, non-fiction I want first person, fiction I want third. RP I insist on third. I do not do first-person roleplay.

I most enjoy giving dares involving exhibitionism, nudity, orgasms, and bare feet.

I like to give dares/commands to people who are eager and grateful to obey, not ones who have to be blackmailed or brow-beaten into doing things.

I do not support chastity or long-term denial. My philosophy as a dom is almost diametrically opposed.

I adore, encourage, and truthfully answer, virtually all questions.
BarefootAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 01:52 AM   #5
batfinch
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

I have written a number of spanking stories and even one or two transgender ones.
I write in both persons and in both genders it really depends on the topic as sometimes the story is better in the 1st and sometimes beter in the 3rd, but of course if I write as a female its probably described as the 2nd person
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=86665

PM Dares
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=83544

I am male
batfinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 11:47 PM   #6
SilverBlue

I've been playing with the idea of adapting some of my personal stories into third-person stories where I can maybe change-up the characters and scenarios.

I feel like it would be easier to write different characters in third-person, characters that would do things I wouldn't and distance myself from the story. It might be different from a reader's perspective, they may want to insert themselves into the story.
SilverBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 03:33 PM   #7
MasterBilly

Depends, if the story involves some form of humiliation then I prefer 1st person of the person being humiliated, I find it much more erotic to read somebody saying, "... and then I was made to do this, then I was made to do that..."

But the 3rd person is more flexible, they can give an overview of things that the 1st person is not aware of, or write about things that take place when the 1st person is not in the scene.
MasterBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 08:11 AM   #8
sexyseniorctzn
Distinguished Member

For the most part, I prefer 3rd person, but if first person is done well and especially if it is a true story, that is good too. It depends on the story and how comfortable the writer is with it. It's more a matter of the writer's skill than anything. Some drop in and out of the point of view. This is particularly annoying and hard to follow.

Click my album for a picture of most of my toys. Will use them on cam.

Limits are anal, excrement, involving other people, illegal, lasting marks no cross dressing any nudity will use a mask or no face.

Growing old is a good thing we all want to do but I don't have to BE old.
Whereby whereby.com/sexyseniorctzn

Kik: dogjockey

Skype Dogjockey Bearman
sexyseniorctzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 01:00 PM   #9
MarvHarvey
Truth or Dare Junkie

Send a message via Yahoo to MarvHarvey

I write a lot 1st person for GetDare because it seems easier to put the reader inside the head of the narrator. That way they can feel the emotions better: "My stomach was fluttering like a flock of seagulls as I stood naked, hands on head, waiting for the two of them to decide what to do with me."

I also write 3rd person, and it is a bit easier to just ramble on describing things. And sometimes it is easier to cover a lot of ground in a hurry.

For reading, high high quality is the key for me. Grammar and sentences and well written from the words right up to the story line itself.

And then a bit of mystery, emotion, surprises, feelings, and so on.
MarvHarvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 07:37 AM   #10
nareth

I've selected 3rd person but I also almost equally like 1st person point of view stories. It actually depends a lot on the subject matter for me humiliation often works better in 1st person, complex stories better in 3rd person.

Love: body writing, shaving, pet play
Like: anal, plug tails, furry, submission, sissy, pink clothes

Maybe/Willing to try: hidden feminization, hidden public, hypnosis, keyheld chastity, body paint
Punishment: nails, pain, edging, tan tattoos, chastity
Limit: blood, family, face, cam,pee, scat, social suicide, permanent, pics (with exceptions at my discretion)

PM Dares

BDSM test
Toys Toy pics
Fav. dare
nareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 08:16 AM   #11
Wooker

I honestly like both point of views in stories (so I didn't vote, as there wasn't an either choice):

* 1st person gives a more personal testimony look
* 3rd person allows more freedom of point of views, with an omniscient narrator for example

Like: puppy play / sport challenge / military / clothes control / some pain / humiliation / sneakers-related dares / pee control / mud, sand, soil, etc. / dares in the woods
Dislike: cum denial / public stuff / watersport
Limits: anal / crossdressing / scat / blood

PM dares
Wooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 12:55 PM   #12
sexyseniorctzn
Distinguished Member

I prefer third person in my online role play. It really doesn't matter that much which you use as long as you are consistent in that story. The great authors have used both. It's just a matter of how you want to tell that story. I look forward to getting to read your stories. I hope I will have time in the near future to read the ones on your signature.

Click my album for a picture of most of my toys. Will use them on cam.

Limits are anal, excrement, involving other people, illegal, lasting marks no cross dressing any nudity will use a mask or no face.

Growing old is a good thing we all want to do but I don't have to BE old.
Whereby whereby.com/sexyseniorctzn

Kik: dogjockey

Skype Dogjockey Bearman
sexyseniorctzn is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk