Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2021, 12:48 AM   #16
Gitano
getDare Sweetheart

Well Karen got what she wanted..

But again, i do not care about genders or how someone likes to identify as. They should identify as how they feel.

I do oppose overcomplicating things just for making a point.

But am confused now.. so nipples are now treated the same as breasts?
That means all males have now breasts.. i don’t want breasts as a male. I feel kind of offended now.

Likes (Will do if able)
Spanking, Punishments, Humiliation, Writing (lines, reports etc.), Pictures (no face), chastity

Dislikes (Will do as punishment for failing a dare)
Body writing, Long term, Denial.

Limits (Will not do)
Public, mouthsoaping, Permanent, CBT, Sleeping dares, anything illegal, pee/poop.
Old 02-02-2021, 12:52 AM   #17
Victoria85
getDare Devil

Thank you Depp and Butterfly, for your kindness and understanding. You two are awesome as always.
Punishments: pee, enemas, humiliation, exposure, diapers
Limits: Face, Scat, Full public
Full l/l | PM Dares | Toys | Rules

Xena is the word.
Old 02-02-2021, 04:58 AM   #18
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitano View Post
Well Karen got what she wanted..

But again, i do not care about genders or how someone likes to identify as. They should identify as how they feel.

I do oppose overcomplicating things just for making a point.

But am confused now.. so nipples are now treated the same as breasts?
That means all males have now breasts.. i don’t want breasts as a male. I feel kind of offended now.
Breasts were never banned. I have breasts showing in a lot of my photo. The offender was nipples. And now we are an equal nipple site. So nipples of all gender and sexuality are now banned and need to be censored in any photos going forward.

If you are offended and don't want to follow the rules of the site, that is totally your right. In the kink community we have a rule called the law of two feet. If you don't like something, use your two feet and remove yourself from the situation.

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Old 02-02-2021, 10:32 AM   #19
Gitano
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
If you are offended and don't want to follow the rules of the site, that is totally your right. In the kink community we have a rule called the law of two feet. If you don't like something, use your two feet and remove yourself from the situation.
I’m not offended by nudity or nipples. I’m not the one that complained..
But your last sentence sums it up very well. If you don’t like it remove yourself from the situation. Now that should go multiple ways.. and that is not what happened in this situation. Now one person felt offended and did remove herself from the situation but instead kind of forced her believes onto everyone else.

I know, you just want to keep everyone happy and that is just not possible..
My initial first response was just as an effort to say that she shouldn’t be making such a fuss about it. I was not trying to be mean..

But now it’s a site rule, that is fine. I’m not bothered about it. Let’s just move on and enjoy the site for wat it offers.. :-)

Likes (Will do if able)
Spanking, Punishments, Humiliation, Writing (lines, reports etc.), Pictures (no face), chastity

Dislikes (Will do as punishment for failing a dare)
Body writing, Long term, Denial.

Limits (Will not do)
Public, mouthsoaping, Permanent, CBT, Sleeping dares, anything illegal, pee/poop.
Old 02-02-2021, 04:44 PM   #20
WamDom

Allow me to start by saying that im one of those who don't really mind the changes and don't really care to support/argue with either side.

Well, got to admit that i'm kinda glad about the image restrictions since it was getting kind of ridiculous when especially when it came to avatars with people using full nudes and just covering their junk.

Anyway, i want to ask a question if i may.

Will there be any kind of protection against/punishment for catfishing?
CF was a quite an issue before but people could at least warn others/call out CF, now with the new rule anyone who's actually CF can use this rule as an excuse.

To make it clear im not talking about LGBTQ/trans people, im talking specifically about CF.
Old 02-02-2021, 07:54 PM   #21
depp
SysOp

Quote:
Now one person felt offended and did remove herself from the situation but instead kind of forced her believes onto everyone else.
I made this decision and I believe I made a mistake by allowing any nipples. This site is about text anyways.

Quote:
I do not wish getDare to be the catfish police. It's up to you to vet the people you interact with here. If you are not comfortable with someone, move along.
Old 02-02-2021, 08:28 PM   #22
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WamDom View Post

CF was a quite an issue before but people could at least warn others/call out CF, now with the new rule anyone who's actually CF can use this rule as an excuse.

To make it clear im not talking about LGBTQ/trans people, im talking specifically about CF.
I also want to say that in the past I have always closed threads or warned people not to be rude or offensive on threads where they were calling somebody out. That has always been the rule on getDare. Depp just further clarified/restated the rule

RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys

Old 02-03-2021, 07:12 AM   #23
WamDom

I see, thank you both very much for the replies.
Old 02-03-2021, 02:59 PM   #24
foxboy21

A couple of quick question(s) on implementation of the new "no nipples" rule:

Is there going to be some period of grace on this? A lot of people have avatars which conflict with his rule. Many of them only log into this site once a week/month/once-in-a-while, and aren't going to be aware of the change until they log in (and maybe not even then unless they go searching for it).

Also, since nudity includes all nipples now, and we are not allowed to link to external sites containing nudity, if it now against the Getdare rules to like to our Kinttalk profiles, if they have an avatar with nipples showing? Again, some people have these links in their profiles, and could be caught by surprise by the rule change.

I'm not trying to make any comment on the rule change; just seeking clarity on what is and isn't now allowed.

Thanks
Foxboy21

Likes: Pain, Submission, Edges, Dares, Truths, Predicaments, Games, Squirrels, Spit
Dislikes/Punishments: Eating Cum (though I can just about make myself do it), Hard pain, Denial, Puke
Limit: Scat, Piss, Illegal, Public, Family, Anal, Crossdressing, Blackmail, Showing Face, Exposure

Kinklist: https://i.imgur.com/a6bz1nk.png

Fox me

FORADARE WAS HERE

Chaostouched
Old 02-03-2021, 07:39 PM   #25
depp
SysOp

You can link to nudity on kinktalk.com. Other sites are prohibited.

We will be enforcing the rule on a go-forward basis for now. At some point we will start removing avatars and potentially photos that remain.

Just so folks know, most of the time when we see rule-breaking photos we just delete or unapprove them.
Old 02-03-2021, 07:57 PM   #26
foxboy21

Thanks for the clarification

Likes: Pain, Submission, Edges, Dares, Truths, Predicaments, Games, Squirrels, Spit
Dislikes/Punishments: Eating Cum (though I can just about make myself do it), Hard pain, Denial, Puke
Limit: Scat, Piss, Illegal, Public, Family, Anal, Crossdressing, Blackmail, Showing Face, Exposure

Kinklist: https://i.imgur.com/a6bz1nk.png

Fox me

FORADARE WAS HERE

Chaostouched
Old 02-05-2021, 08:00 AM   #27
Abhean

Quote:
Originally Posted by PissBoi View Post
We've attempted to have a discussion about this, I as have several others have explained the sites situation of needing to uphold the law. I've asked you about what you wish for a potential solution, and we're simply getting no where.

Female breasts is counted as nudity. We do not have your ID on file, therefore we can not allow that to be posted on here. There's nothing more to say. Thread closed.
Okay, what law are we talking about here? Please get into the specifics. I.e. be prepared to cite a relevant article from the relevant code of law.

Seeing as this site is 18+ already, and nudity on 18+ sites is likely legal in the US even, I am tempted to call bullshit on this one...

Into edging and cum control, switch!
Old 02-06-2021, 06:45 PM   #28
Wimble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhean View Post
Okay, what law are we talking about here? Please get into the specifics. I.e. be prepared to cite a relevant article from the relevant code of law.

Seeing as this site is 18+ already, and nudity on 18+ sites is likely legal in the US even, I am tempted to call bullshit on this one...
Yes, clearly nonsense. Touting imaginary laws when you're in an argument you don't really understand is basically the same as when religious zealots pull out the old "because the bible says so" card when there's something they don't like but can't really justify.

But the grown-ups in the room have made it clear that it is site policy that doesn't allow nipples, not the law.

If having no pics hosted on their servers makes life easier then OK. But it does seem kinda weird that any amount of (sometimes pretty extreme) 18+ material can be written in text and be absolutely fine, yet a topless pic of any gender or a link to another site is somehow going to bring everything crumbling down.

Personally I would prefer for GD to assert itself as a sex-positive site for consenting adults and to find ways to be a little more permissive, even if it were just to relax the rules on linking to external sites.

Yes: Nudity, pics, dice dares, humiliation, exposure, light pain and CBT, showing face, info/blackmail
Dislikes: Toothpaste, pegs, piss, bodywriting
No: Feminisation, slapping/smacking, edging, long tasks, ABDL, people with no/empty GetDare profiles.
Old 02-06-2021, 07:30 PM   #29
PissBoi
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhean View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimble View Post
Yes, clearly nonsense. Touting imaginary laws when you're in an argument you don't really understand is basically the same as when religious zealots pull out the old "because the bible says so" card when there's something they don't like but can't really justify.

But the grown-ups in the room have made it clear that it is site policy that doesn't allow nipples, not the law.

If having no pics hosted on their servers makes life easier then OK. But it does seem kinda weird that any amount of (sometimes pretty extreme) 18+ material can be written in text and be absolutely fine, yet a topless pic of any gender or a link to another site is somehow going to bring everything crumbling down.

Personally I would prefer for GD to assert itself as a sex-positive site for consenting adults and to find ways to be a little more permissive, even if it were just to relax the rules on linking to external sites.
18 US Code 2257 requires us as a host to have the ID on file of anyone who we are allowing nude photos of. We do not have those ID's on file, therefore it is not within the law for us to do that. Please feel free to look this up, but Depp has been extremely clear with the rules.

Furthermore, Wimble: Please be a little more respectful. Thank you!
The above are piss shots that I owe Getdare. In order to count, I must be observed drinking them so message me on Skype and tell me that you're willing to watch me and I will drink some piss shots for you!
Last Five Observers Were:
Youngladuk (29), Fruitlessventure (40), Domsub (10), Babygirlblackout (20), Kitsune (30)

Commenting on my Ask Me Anything thread or my Dare Thread, or doing a PM Dare will add Piss Shots to my counter!
Old 02-06-2021, 08:08 PM   #30
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

I am going to close this thread for the time being.

Depp owns the site and frankly, it doesn't matter what the reason is, he has advised that he would prefer to have NO nudity or even NO photos as opposed to relaxing the rules on nudity. It doesn't matter what the law says in any part of the world, because Depp decides the law of getDare and he has spoken on both issues.

The end!

RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys

Closed Thread