Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 02-11-2020, 07:59 AM   #16
Quanta

I've been following this thread for a while and I think you only have 3 real options when it comes to the GDPR on this site.
  1. Make an complaint to one of the organisations who enforce GDPR. Btw America has no GDPR enforcement.
  2. Use a vpn and a tracker blocker/modifier like I do. Any vpn will do and I'd recommend Ghostery for trackers.
  3. Shut up. Trying to spread awareness is pointless as those who care (I.e me) already know and prevent being tracked. And those who don't care, don't care.

As for lying on this site, it happens just as much as any site. The only way to combat liars on this site and anywhere else is to actually form connections with people. I know the expectation most people on this site (mostly men might I add) is to login and start sexting with every single man/woman they can find. If you lowered you expectations a little bit and had a bit of patience to deal with the liars you might start enjoying the site and finding some people to have fun with like I have.

I just wanted to add a note for the mods here that even though it might be hard I think I they're doing a great job enforcing the rules based on how little man (and woman (and other)) power they have.

kik: QuantaGD

Discord: Quanta#6319

Last edited by Quanta; 02-11-2020 at 11:17 AM.
Quanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 09:33 AM   #17
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by carelessprogram View Post
Also stated in the link above, posts promoting illegal activities will be removed. Really? See https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=380251, this person promotes incest. Why is this post still there? Don't get fancy and tell me this user does not tell you to engage into incest... She does, or why else does she want you to live with your parents or sister. In her other ads, users have warned about her being a scammer. Do we really want people like her on getdare?
Did you do your part and report that post? You can't expect that the mods to look through thousands of posts a day to catch every single time somebody posts something in the wrong section or breaks a rule. You need to do your part. If I had seen that previously, I would have moved it to the trashcan and given an infraction as is warranted. Commenting on something isn't the same as reporting it and bringing it to the mods attention. I am on the site 2-5 times a day just to go through the reports and keep up.

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 02:04 PM   #18
bee9
getDare Succubus

To be honest the only people who should care about GDPR, etc. are beneficiaries of GetDare. The risk of legal action against others is way lower.
Old 02-11-2020, 02:50 PM   #19
Tease
Whiny Weasel Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
Did you do your part and report that post?
Hmmm, helping with a positive contribution to the community rather than being whiny weasel... now isn't that a novel suggestion!!

Weasel Says: the GDPR, the GDPR, the GDPR!! Mods no help me. Mods bad. Why nobody love me?!?

Last edited by Tease; 02-11-2020 at 03:05 PM.
Tease is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Tease for this post:
Old 02-11-2020, 03:53 PM   #20
carelessprogram
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tease View Post
Hmmm, helping with a positive contribution to the community rather than being whiny weasel... now isn't that a novel suggestion!!

Weasel Says: the GDPR, the GDPR, the GDPR!! Mods no help me. Mods bad. Why nobody love me?!?
The other thread about this subject got closed without any reason. I pm'ed Butterfly about it but never received a response. That does not really invite me to use report functionality. And since as good as everything is allowed here, there's no point in reporting because nothing gets done about it.

What also doesn't help is that I raise valid concerns, but there is only one admin responding and all she says is as much as "fuck off, you're annoying".

Besides, I'm helping with a positive contribution. Raising these concerns is a contribution. And I'm posting in the topics I mentioned, warning others.

For the ones saying I shouldn't complain because the staff is undermanned and does not get paid: did you ever consider paying for getdare? You can actually do that.
carelessprogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 03:56 PM   #21
bee9
getDare Succubus

Mate, you've tried, you got ignored, move on. If/when sh!t hits the fan you are not the one who will receive the main portion.
Old 02-11-2020, 03:58 PM   #22
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Quote:
The other thread about this subject got closed without any reason. I pm'ed Butterfly about it but never received a response. That does not really invite me to use report functionality. And since as good as everything is allowed here, there's no point in reporting because nothing gets done about it.

What also doesn't help is that I raise valid concerns, but there is only one admin responding and all she says is as much as "fuck off, you're annoying".

Besides, I'm helping with a positive contribution. Raising these concerns is a contribution. And I'm posting in the topics I mentioned, warning others.

For the ones saying I shouldn't complain because the staff is undermanned and does not get paid: did you ever consider paying for getdare? You can actually do that.
Commenting on a thread does not report anything. Unless a mod is looking for a thread in the forums, they would never see it. When you see something that is against the rules, you need to push the report button. This will flag it for ALL active mods to see and handle.

Currently I am the only mod who is regularly active. Jaro, Lola, Red, and the others pop in and out, but aren't here consistently. However, you can always PM them, or send a report which we all see.

I never once said "fuck off" or "I don't care". What I have said consistently is that you have made your points known, I have told you what I can do within my scope as a mod/admin. I do not make the rules. I just enforce them.

Even if people pay for getDare, it doesn't make the staff paid, we are still volunteers. So while that helps with new software and updates etc. it will not fix that problem.

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 04:12 PM   #23
Tease
Whiny Weasel Hunter

Quote:
And since as good as everything is allowed here, there's no point in reporting because nothing gets done about it.
Depp didn't want tonnes of rules and it being restricted, the site even used to allow people under 18 to be a member. It's not your site and you don't make the rules, if you don't like them then find somewhere else but don't hassle the staff who merely enforce the rules here.

Quote:
I'm one of those that would say that and yes I did consider paying for getdare.... Oh and Yes I did actually pay and support the site too. Have you done the same?

<----- One of the perks of paying is it lets me create custom titles to appear under my username.
Tease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 05:44 PM   #24
PrincessJessica
Truth or Dare Zealot

I'm not sure what you expect to happen.

- You complain about reactive modding but most sites are reactively modded (included Youtube and other major sites) as the amount of content far exceeds what any set of moderators can look through. Use the report function, stuff gets done (I have so I know the moderators do things).

- You complain the site isn't safe yet you've been told the only viable alternative is to verify all members (otherwise it's your word against someone else's). Welcome to the internet where people lie, pretend to be someone else and generally aren't very nice. Self verify or find an alternative site that does (Some Reddit subforums, some Discord channels). That's the beauty of the internet - choice.

- You complain about the GDPR implementation (or lack of) and various technical issues with the site. I agree more here as the site runs on out-dated software and I get the impression things like deleting members, improving security just aren't easily implementable. KinkTalk (the sister site) migrated to a newer version and seemingly had to delete everything in order to do that (blogs, posts, etc). It's lost a fair share of it's community so I guess the cons outweigh the benefits. In terms of cookie reminders, I'm sure not missing them. In terms of lack of security (supposed) then I use a separate email address, separate password only for this site and don't share private info. Take sensible precautions as you should on any Kink site. If a member being hassled and needs to delete a profile for a moral reason I trust the moderators to help as best they can. Not because of some wacky EU law that everyone in the world has to follow but because it's the moral thing to do.

If you don't like GetDare you're arguing with the wrong crowd. It's imperfect but so are most sites. Don't like it? Find somewhere you do feel safe and like elsewhere on the billions of sites on the internet or make your own. Continuing to argue your point to the converted, however logical or correct you think you are, really is a waste of time. You've had answers to your problems, you don't like them. There's nothing else productive that's going to happen.
Subscribe to my nudes and help deny me

Loves: Bets, Denial, Feminisation, Humiliation, Online Exhibitionism, Teasing
Likes: a2m, Body Writing, Degradation (to a degree), Exposure, Femdom, Pain, RP, SPH
Dislikes: (Small) Anal, CBT, Cornertime, Cum Eating
Limits:
Blackmail, Dangerous, Face (my choice), Public

PM & Kik dares / Sub Guide (Full Likes & Limits) / Toys & Clothes
PrincessJessica is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to PrincessJessica for this post:
Old 02-12-2020, 07:20 AM   #25
MasterMichaelNY
Account Banned

Oh, I hate this thread.

Instead of people crying they are the victim.

INSTEAD

How about making suggestions on getting people with guest status to registrar and become regular members of Get Dare. If you ever notice on the main page at the bottom, were it shows you who is logged on, the guest always out number the members from 3-1 and some times 10-1.

We really need to have a membership drive, and get new blood on the board.

Kik, MasterMichaelNY
Email, [email protected]
MasterMichaelNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 11:22 AM   #26
carelessprogram
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMichaelNY View Post
Oh, I hate this thread.

Instead of people crying they are the victim.

INSTEAD

How about making suggestions on getting people with guest status to registrar and become regular members of Get Dare. If you ever notice on the main page at the bottom, were it shows you who is logged on, the guest always out number the members from 3-1 and some times 10-1.

We really need to have a membership drive, and get new blood on the board.
Why reply if you hate this thread?

The problem you mention is another one, if it bothers you why don't YOU make a thread about that problem and come with suggestions to fix it instead of making me do it?

However, both problems might have to do with each other. People don't register because they don't think this is a safe place? Just thinking aloud right now.

But yeah, getdare loses members I guess. At least the ads section became a lot less busy. In the past, the whole first page was filled with posts from the last 24 hours. Now it's filled with posts from the last 3-4 days. We will never know I guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if part of the problem are the things I already mentioned in this thread.
Old 02-12-2020, 11:41 PM   #27
MasterMichaelNY
Account Banned

Quote:
Why reply if you hate this thread?

The problem you mention is another one, if it bothers you why don't YOU make a thread about that problem and come with suggestions to fix it instead of making me do it?

However, both problems might have to do with each other. People don't register because they don't think this is a safe place? Just thinking aloud right now.

But yeah, getdare loses members I guess. At least the ads section became a lot less busy. In the past, the whole first page was filled with posts from the last 24 hours. Now it's filled with posts from the last 3-4 days. We will never know I guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if part of the problem are the things I already mentioned in this thread.
yea your really enjoying playing the victim too much. So what college taught you to place your responsibility on other people? I'm telling you right now, nobody gives a shit, about you crying. Either you have fun on the site, or you can look for excuses not too. Your happiness is your responsibility, if your not happy, don't blame others.

Kik, MasterMichaelNY
Email, [email protected]
MasterMichaelNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 12:43 PM   #28
carelessprogram
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMichaelNY View Post
yea your really enjoying playing the victim too much. So what college taught you to place your responsibility on other people? I'm telling you right now, nobody gives a shit, about you crying. Either you have fun on the site, or you can look for excuses not too. Your happiness is your responsibility, if your not happy, don't blame others.
Ehm, you came up with the guests issue. You only complained about that, did not offer any solutions and told me to do that.

I'm not a victim of anything btw. I just pointed out some things that are wrong in my opinion. The only thing I have a real problem with right now is the response of the admin ("I don't care, I don't make the rules") and the total absence of the site owner. And I guess I have a problem with you.
Old 02-13-2020, 02:54 PM   #29
SpiderSophie

Quote:
Ehm, you came up with the guests issue. You only complained about that, did not offer any solutions and told me to do that.

I'm not a victim of anything btw. I just pointed out some things that are wrong in my opinion. The only thing I have a real problem with right now is the response of the admin ("I don't care, I don't make the rules") and the total absence of the site owner. And I guess I have a problem with you.

If I may be so kind as to address all of the things with which you have a problem.

1) The admin's "I don't care, I don't make the rules".
So, you want her to extend her scope by your demand, to pursue other members who are not breaking the rules.

2) The absence of the site owner.
Perhaps you could try posting a complaint about Facebook on Facebook, and see if you get a reply from Zuckerberg.

3) "You".
We are all in agreement here...

Last edited by SpiderSophie; 02-13-2020 at 03:34 PM.
SpiderSophie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 04:08 PM   #30
carelessprogram
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderSophie View Post
If I may be so kind as to address all of the things with which you have a problem.

1) The admin's "I don't care, I don't make the rules".
So, you want her to extend her scope by your demand, to pursue other members who are not breaking the rules.

2) The absence of the site owner.
Perhaps you could try posting a complaint about Facebook on Facebook, and see if you get a reply from Zuckerberg.

3) "You".
We are all in agreement here...
1: extend her scope? No, why? Pursue members who don't break the rules? Again, no, why? The "I don't make the rules" reply is sticking your head in the sand. There are more mature/admin worthy replies possible.

2: I am being referred by Butterfly to the site owner with my points. But the site owner is missing in action it seems.

3: I'm sure I'm a problem. You all don't like to read what I have so say, but you all seem do to it anyway and even respond to it. So I guess it must somehow trigger you guys.
The following user says Thank You to carelessprogram for this post: