Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 01-14-2015, 09:11 AM   #16
Cstelle
gD Curio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLPDRACO View Post
Theres a book of jack London called "Before Adam" thats starts explaining this as genetic memory of the time humans still porimitive, living on trees, sleeping on trees and ALSO falling from trees lol.
Hah! It was London, not Kipling, I kept (vaguely) remembering! Thanks!

I'm especially keen on hidden/semi public stuff (preferably outdoors) and I like to take selfies; I'm averse to anything unethical, illegal, harmful, painful, messy/dirty/unsanitary/icky or otherwise unpleasant.
Cstelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:21 AM   #17
Fetique
Enigma

Don't take my word for granted but as far as I know, (and what seems as the most logical explanation) this is caused when you fall asleep very quickly. When you fall asleep, your heartrate naturally lowers, but if your body isn't prepared for it, this happens:

As you fall asleep your heartrate lowers, but it's going too fast, and your body thinks it's unnaturally so. Your body thinks something is very wrong, and potentially dangerous, and it gives you this short spasm to force you to wake up, and to highten the heartrate to normal levels.

TL;DR this effect is a emergency mechanism of your body, induced when your heartrate lowers too quickly (by sleep for example)
I may add more to the list with time.
Fetique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:30 AM   #18
MLPDRACO
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cstelle View Post
Hah! It was London, not Kipling, I kept (vaguely) remembering! Thanks!
I loved this book, cos the description. there was the RedEyes monkey, the atavic lol. It was awesome. And when he starts to describe the enemy village, and you see how advanced they were, and you "ops.. somebody is f... up" lol

Or even his frined who eats the dog he took to "invent" the animal domestication lol

awesome book.

I dont dare minor ages. I dont do illegal stuff.
MLPDRACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:21 PM   #19
mrpropel
Truth or Dare Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLPDRACO View Post
Yeah, its common. Theres a book of jack London called "Before Adam" thats starts explaining this as genetic memory of the time humans still porimitive, living on trees, sleeping on trees and ALSO falling from trees lol. So, his idea was, somehow one ancestor of ours had fell from a tree and survived that, and then he had children, and this memory was transmited throught his DNA.

but this book is old and the idea is reckless as we know, now, that the genetic modification one suffer wont be passed foward (Darwin used to think like that, "a horse who always trains to runs faster will have children will run even faster...". His children wont get anything from his training, only the capability to train).

The theory right now is that, this "falling sensation" we have is a memory, yes, but from ourselves. Someday, as baby, you fell (this is a strong sensation, no floor under you, nothing to support you, etc), or maybe as a child, while walking you fell (one less strong sensation, you falling foward, not as a hole, not like you were laid on the air, etc). Or maybe your parents liked to play with you when you were a baby, you know, get the baby throw up and get him back. Babies loves that lol.

Anyway, the memory remains and from time to time it is readed, so you get the sensation back. it is most commom to happen while you are sleping. If its a case you got hurt (like a real fell, not just a play with parents) you will mix the feelings of pain/panick with the memory, and this makes you awake scared.

Again, its just a theory. I dont know any other theory. i just know this thing is pretty commom.
Very interesting, thanks for sharing!

hi there! hope you are having a great day! feel free to say hi to me on discord! `Bantering` love you all <3
mrpropel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 08:54 AM   #20
MLPDRACO
getDare Sweetheart

u r welcome.
I would like to know more about those stuff, the misteries of mind amuses me all the time

Old 01-15-2015, 04:53 PM   #21
LitDarkness
Truth or Dare Zealot

It happens before I fall asleep most of the time;either that or a rocking sensation as if I'm on a boat.

Falling I try to ignore; the rocking I end up feeling sea sick.

I get spasms sometimes before I fall asleep with either session above but I always had the spasms before going to sleep so nothing new.

30/1,603 edges+ 2 more days of denial after edges
Make My Denial Harder
Denial Diary
6,000th post tasks and reports

Likes + Limits
Stuff I Can Use for Dares
BDSM Test Results
PM DARES
Stories & Poems

Spelling or Grammar Mistake: Let Me Know
Help Break My Cursing Habit

Live with people and do not own toys. Keep in mind when daring me please.

Not your bitch and calling me names or trying to Dom me is probitted. Violators will be declared as idiots.
LitDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 05:30 AM   #22
MLPDRACO
getDare Sweetheart

If all those things are memories from when we are babies, rocking maybe memories of one "rock the baby to sleep on your arms", but someone rocked really hard this day... I mean, its hard to tell this in english. Maybe this happened when the baby was experimenting cramps, or felling sick as well.

I never had as rocking, but I felt, sometimes like I was in some fast, really fast thing, speeding up foward, so I get pushed backwards, like a plane taking off. So, the cruel thing is I never was in a plane, though I used to trip as baby in cars. This most similar thing I had like this was in one toy in a park, it was called "enterprise", and I think its about it, cos the felling started years after I went to this park.

But dont know, maybe I guessing, and it can be all one hit in the dark. Maybe this is unrelated to past experiences (some religions say it maybe related to memories of past lifes as well, reincarnation, but thats is for those who believe on that too).

I know its fun to talk and think about it. Really cool thread.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:42 PM   #23
Public Property

I used to get these all the time as a kid but not any more. Instead I get freaking horrible paralysis-nightmare-hallucination things (hypnogogic hallucination). I preferred the jerks.

I like! Being controlled. Rules. Orders. Piss. Tease and denial. Predicaments. Online public. Dressing up.

Limits: Offline public. Blood. Anal. Scat. Underage. Time Consuming.

PM Dares

Not on all that often, but I endeavour to catch everything up when I am!
Public Property is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk