Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 05-10-2014, 05:52 PM   #16
maxS
Distinguished Member

Dont know if you would call that lucid dreaming but I had an experience once where I thought I was waking up but couldnt open my eyes or move to get up. So I lay there fully aware of it. It felt so real that I paniced. I am stoll not sure if that was real or a dream in dream thing.
maxS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 05:58 PM   #17
DoingMyBest
getDare Sweetheart

That's sleep paralysis.

I semi-lucid dream. I often become aware of being in a dream, but have very little control over it. As much as in real life, so random things still happen and I can't fly or anything.

But as a sufferer of oneriophobia, I am not a fan of dreams and have partially conditioned myself to not do it if I go to bed properly. But it means I live a life of exhaustion as most of your rest comes from REM sleep (when you dream) and REM sleep wears me out more than staying awake for 3 days straight (which I've done a lot).

PM Dares

Male/UK/Straight generally submissive

Trying to rediscover my likes/dislikes and so on
Dislikes: Pain, messy
Limits: Family, blatant public, scat, damage/permanent damage, showing my face/pics, urethral play, ass to mouth, SPH

My Old Sex Map

My New Sex Map

Battlestrip W/L: 4/6
DoingMyBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 06:06 PM   #18
maxS
Distinguished Member

I only can imagine how difficult that must be.
maxS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 06:09 PM   #19
DoingMyBest
getDare Sweetheart

I survive, hahaha

PM Dares

Limits: Family, blatant public, scat, damage/permanent damage, showing my face/pics, urethral play, ass to mouth, SPH

My Old Sex Map

My New Sex Map

Old 05-25-2014, 09:43 AM   #20
mrpropel
Truth or Dare Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoingMyBest View Post
That's sleep paralysis.

I semi-lucid dream. I often become aware of being in a dream, but have very little control over it. As much as in real life, so random things still happen and I can't fly or anything.

But as a sufferer of oneriophobia, I am not a fan of dreams and have partially conditioned myself to not do it if I go to bed properly. But it means I live a life of exhaustion as most of your rest comes from REM sleep (when you dream) and REM sleep wears me out more than staying awake for 3 days straight (which I've done a lot).
Damn, that's some deep stuff right there. How do you go to bed, "properly"?

hi there! hope you are having a great day! feel free to say hi to me on discord! `Bantering` love you all <3
mrpropel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 09:48 AM   #21
DoingMyBest
getDare Sweetheart

It's mostly to do with intention - if I pass out from dehydration, for example, I haven't gone through the subconscious preparations for sleep and spend almost the entirety of it dreaming.

Look into sleep hygiene - I still perform a lot of that, but it doesn't correct my sleeping pattern as that's caused by a disorder.

PM Dares

My Old Sex Map

My New Sex Map

Old 05-25-2014, 09:13 PM   #22
phanmail
Distinguished Member

Location: In the depths of a bunker deep beneath the artic ice caps

I've never had a lucid dream that I can remember. I love the idea though.

Interesting side note

Spoiler:
Some theorists say that sleep paralysis explains alien abductions people are half awake and half asleep and thus paralyzed and in their dream aliens come for them.
phanmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:17 AM   #23
MLPDRACO
getDare Sweetheart

Had came here cos the other thread of yours, it was linked ;-)

I had a few times. They hadnt came for free, though, I had to train myyself to have they. Anybody interested in the train I made to myself, I will explain bellow:

The idea of a lucid dream is that, if you know you are dreaming, you can do anything. You can fly, can walk over water, can knock-out king kong in a boxe fight, wharever you want. But the problem is that you never know when you are dreming. So, my plan was simple train myself to know when I was dreming or not.

I cant control thoughts and such on drems. But I can while I awake. i noticed that dreams are "non-logical" stuff. So I had started to train myself while awake. Like, Im walking on the my street, coming back home. I dont know if its real or a dream, so I have to stop walk for a minute and start to collect evidences (evidences that this is REAL and NOT A DREAM). i look to the trees, on the street, that I know very well, since I live here. And look to the street itself, the buildings, trying to see if everything is where they should be (in a dream, they will be all messed, or even stupid things like "the ground is made of sands, theres a lake after the street corner", etc).

I started to do this all the time I was awake, every twenty minutes stop and: "Is this my real room? Is this my real PC? The foruns, is something odd about they? Are they the real ones or a dream?" You see, it becomes a habitt, and after two or three weeks of this, the habbit will start to be transfered to the dreams.

So, one day, while you are sleeping, you will start to collect evidences of "is this real or a dream". And you will start to find out that its a dream.

When you get to this phase, you will find a good trap. Your brain, while dreaming, has the capability of lost focus so easily. It happnes pretty often. You need to keep the focus, be real conscious (almost, at least, the most you can while you are dreaming). Several times I found out I was dreaming, so I could control my dream, so I decided "lets go to my home"... and After thats decided, the dream took over again. Somehow I thought that, to go to my home, I would have to take this street and follow that one, etc, but that made no sense (I was dreaming, I could just conjure my home in front of me, didnt need to go anywhere), and start to walk by unolgical paths until get lost and lost the perception I was dreaming.. so the dream started to take control again. To get yourself focused while controling the dream was the harder part of it. Need to train it too, while awake, train to be focused on things you are doing all the time.

Sory I dont have much more info about it, cos I had like 3 or 4 weeks of lucid dreams, some fully controled, others like bleeech, but I stopped then. Stopped catch evidences in my awake period and this leaded to stop to do it on dreams too. And then I stopped to have they at all.

Hope you liked it

I dont dare minor ages. I dont do illegal stuff.
MLPDRACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:26 AM   #24
MLPDRACO
getDare Sweetheart

I forgot to mention one thing about the trining. While I was still collecting evidences of reality everytime on my "awake time" (it was like 3-4 weeks of this until start to get results, I needed lots of patience), I used too to remember every dream I had in the nights (or try to remember it as most) right after I wake up. This is the best time to recall the details of your dream. And then is like "I think about the dream and collect stupid things of it, the grass is purple, for example, or theres a mokey on my toilet.. and no monkey lives here on my house".. or even events, like Im going to the beach, on the beach theres a huge building, inside the building theres a factory, droids work there, when you leave the factory, you are in a desolated por-apocaliptic world, etc.

This used to help too, to know what look while collecting evidences for reality or dreams while awake and, after, while sleeping too.

I dont dare minor ages. I dont do illegal stuff.
MLPDRACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:26 PM   #25
mrpropel
Truth or Dare Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLPDRACO View Post
Had came here cos the other thread of yours, it was linked ;-)

I had a few times. They hadnt came for free, though, I had to train myyself to have they. Anybody interested in the train I made to myself, I will explain bellow:

The idea of a lucid dream is that, if you know you are dreaming, you can do anything. You can fly, can walk over water, can knock-out king kong in a boxe fight, wharever you want. But the problem is that you never know when you are dreming. So, my plan was simple train myself to know when I was dreming or not.

I cant control thoughts and such on drems. But I can while I awake. i noticed that dreams are "non-logical" stuff. So I had started to train myself while awake. Like, Im walking on the my street, coming back home. I dont know if its real or a dream, so I have to stop walk for a minute and start to collect evidences (evidences that this is REAL and NOT A DREAM). i look to the trees, on the street, that I know very well, since I live here. And look to the street itself, the buildings, trying to see if everything is where they should be (in a dream, they will be all messed, or even stupid things like "the ground is made of sands, theres a lake after the street corner", etc).

I started to do this all the time I was awake, every twenty minutes stop and: "Is this my real room? Is this my real PC? The foruns, is something odd about they? Are they the real ones or a dream?" You see, it becomes a habitt, and after two or three weeks of this, the habbit will start to be transfered to the dreams.

So, one day, while you are sleeping, you will start to collect evidences of "is this real or a dream". And you will start to find out that its a dream.

When you get to this phase, you will find a good trap. Your brain, while dreaming, has the capability of lost focus so easily. It happnes pretty often. You need to keep the focus, be real conscious (almost, at least, the most you can while you are dreaming). Several times I found out I was dreaming, so I could control my dream, so I decided "lets go to my home"... and After thats decided, the dream took over again. Somehow I thought that, to go to my home, I would have to take this street and follow that one, etc, but that made no sense (I was dreaming, I could just conjure my home in front of me, didnt need to go anywhere), and start to walk by unolgical paths until get lost and lost the perception I was dreaming.. so the dream started to take control again. To get yourself focused while controling the dream was the harder part of it. Need to train it too, while awake, train to be focused on things you are doing all the time.

Sory I dont have much more info about it, cos I had like 3 or 4 weeks of lucid dreams, some fully controled, others like bleeech, but I stopped then. Stopped catch evidences in my awake period and this leaded to stop to do it on dreams too. And then I stopped to have they at all.

Hope you liked it
I've tried to control them in the past but I kept failing miserably :P and I actually haven't had one in quite awhile now.

Thank you for sharing your story!

hi there! hope you are having a great day! feel free to say hi to me on discord! `Bantering` love you all <3
mrpropel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 03:14 PM   #26
MrPurpleSky

I've been trying this a lot lately and I think I'm getting close. The last few nights I was very aware of what I was dreaming, so I hope I'll get there soon (I'm using the Finger Induced technique, by the way)
MrPurpleSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 06:05 PM   #27
InControl

Never had a lucid dream. But when I was younger (15ish) I did have sleep paralysis. Very often I would find myself in bed in the morning, on my stomach (always on my stomach), unable to move. I was terrified, every time.

M, 26, gay. Into contests and games and whatever.

The self-control dare is always fun because (if you have self-control) you basically get to sit there while another guy tries his hardest to turn you on.
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=172989

That's it for now, more as I think of it...

whooo! signature!
InControl is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk