Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 04-15-2014, 04:46 PM   #1
mrpropel
Truth or Dare Junkie

Default Lucid Dreaming

I'm curious, has anyone ever had a lucid dream before? And if so can you describe the feeling you got from it?

It looks to me like there is no good way to describe with words that feeling when you are lucid or when you become lucid. You are somewhere unknown or better yet known place and it's all very real and then you do RC, all that rush, excitement, fullness, amazing and I don't know what else.

hi there! hope you are having a great day! feel free to say hi to me on discord! `Bantering` love you all <3
mrpropel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:54 PM   #2
Happy Me

I have. That is how I first finally had a flying dream. Flying in dreams is fun!!!
It was an amazing feeling; one time when I realized I was dreaming, and realized I could do anything I wanted, I decided I was going to fly, and then up! up! and away! Now I fly a lot in my dreams, but I have rarely ever had a lucid dream.
I regularly have nightmares though, and have gotten to the point where I get lucid in the nightmare, and either wake myself up, or change it to a happy ending while I am still asleep and dreaming. Needless to say, those are not really enjoyable experiences, but useful still.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:29 PM   #3
BrianJ
Account Banned

Lucid dreaming is real. The trick is to 1) realize that you're dreaming and 2) not to wake up the instant #1 occurs.

Once you're there you can pretty much take control over the entire dream -That monster has huge teeth! What monster? It's a cute puppy *poof*. Once your in the state of lucid dreaming it's almost like hypnosis, you recharge much faster and wake up more refreshed. Very hard to get a mastery on though.
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:31 PM   #4
yourkikslave
getDare Sweetheart

I have done it twice. One time I woke up from the realization. The other time, I was actually fascinated by the current plot of my dream, so I let it play out as if I were watching tv. I woke up so mad at myself. I had a lucid dream and I did nothing!

Likes: Bondage, light piss, asking permission, puppy play, anal

Limits: Public, illegal, family, bleeding, needles, fire, scat, Cam or Pics, heavy pee drinking
yourkikslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:24 PM   #5
Athanael
getDare Sweetheart

I have had lots of them in my life, I have them quite regularly every once in a while
Athanael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:20 PM   #6
sweetsong
getDare Succubus

Bug

It happens to me sometimes in-between when my alarm goes off and I press the snooze button and when the snooze alarm goes off again. :P It's usually situations from my past that I wish had gone differently and in my dream I make them go differently or it's about how I want the future to be. Flying would be a nice. :-O

siggy made by stellz

[03:54:06 PM] jamness: ‹@G.J.› She... kisses and stuff... shes weird.
[03:54:39 PM] G.J.: ‹@jamness› That seems like normal Sweets to me XD
sweetsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:27 PM   #7
Obsi9209

I've done it a lot of times I practice it a nice bit. It's amazing you can really do anything once you get the hang of it. I've exploded things with my mind, I've flew, breathed underwater, materialized guns in my hand, materialized fire balls. You can teleport anything. Takes some practice and determination to get good at it for most but if you got the time it's well worth it. Oh yea and when your lucid things are so vivid and real, almost more vivid even than real life, no joke

Likes- Orgasm Denial, crossdressing, feminization, humiliation, online exposure, anonymous public humiliation, nippleplay, dice, edging, ice, anal, forced intox (weed), pee, scat(new).

Limits- permanent, sounding, family, friends, blood, diapers, and I never cum.

Kik- obsidian198

Toys: panties, stockings, skirt, bra, dildo, chastity device, marker, leash, clothespins
Obsi9209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:50 PM   #8
mrpropel
Truth or Dare Junkie

I finally think I have lucid dreamed now but something else pretty scary happened.... what I am pretty sure was sleep paralysis.

I was in bed with my girlfriend and she was thankfully awake and reading a book. I was lying on my side with my back to her and I dreamed there was a little boy and a dog standing at my side of the bed just watching me. It makes me shiver to think of it even now. Since I was paralyzed the only thing I could control was my breathing, so I started breathing in and out really quickly and as hard as I could. My girlfriend noticed right away and shook me awake to ask me what was wrong. Thank goodness. It was a pretty frightening experience.

Anyone else had any kind of sleep paralysis in their life?

hi there! hope you are having a great day! feel free to say hi to me on discord! `Bantering` love you all <3
mrpropel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:33 AM   #9
SevenSeas

Never had sleep paralysis, doesn't sound like much fun either.
But know, there's a difference between daydreaming while in bed and real lucid dreaming. Everyone can control daydreams, it's just fantasy in your head but it doesn't feel as real as lucid dreaming.

I've read gamers have less nightmares because they have an attitude of being very confident in weird, fantasy-like situations because the player always wins (well most of the time, depending on which game you play).
Some tricks to learn lucid dreaming is checking if you are awake or not. Examples are checking your watch twice and see if it time seems normal), watch your hands and check if you can see details (in dreams your hands don't have small details) and other examples as seen in the movie Inception.

I've had a lucid dream twice. I think I checked it by not knowing how I got there. "Hey, why am I in a freaking barn? Hmmm, this seems ...wrong. Ow, I get it: I'm dreaming!" In real life, you always know how you got somewhere: how did I get to school, this party, my friend's house, the Palace of GetDareans (ow wait, that's a dream!)...
Old 05-09-2014, 06:00 AM   #10
Kelthrai

A mate of mine can lucid dream, his test is to bring a WWII tank (I think it's either a panzer or a Sherman) through the wall.
Kelthrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:03 AM   #11
startermaster

I can do it, but it's hard, I don't know when I dream so that doesn't work.

with my method you can not create a dream just decide on what will happen.

my method uses pure concentration and takes long, I get into bed keep my eyes open and don't move an inch, after a while (10 minutes ish for me) you will feel itchy all over your body, bare with it and don't move. After another while you won't be able to move anymore you will notice this by feeling very heavy, at that point you are asleep, if you panic you will wake up. Now close your eyes (for some reason that will work) you will start dreaming as soon as you close your eyes while being fully aware that it is a dream.

If you think about lifting your arms up and pulling yourself up from an invisible rope while being asleep(but before closing your eyes) you will experience and OBE, when I tried it I became so scared I woke up being pulled back to my body.

My most awesome dream so far: being a member of the fairy tail guild beating the crap out of Gildarts

Good luck to everyone who wishes to try.

Proud owner of:
Space Princess, Marie

startermaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 12:08 PM   #12
littleraisin
getDare Sweetheart

Default Yes, a lot.

I actually had a fair few lucid dreams, interestingly enough I could also induce lucid dreams at one point in time to finish the story of a previous one but I was able to stop my conscience dictating the full outcome. This happened for quite an extensive period which was very intriguing to say the least. I actually can induce them fairly often, not with a 100% success rate but definitely greater than 50%. Not sure if there is a name for such phenomenons as what I experience tho or if I am even using the correct terms as clearly I am no scientist.
Dislikes: Anal, Messy
Limits: Needles, Involving Family/Friends, Wetting, Permanent, food and blood.
Don't be nice, treat it like an object. That's what it is.
littleraisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 02:01 AM   #13
rangertom

I've had a lot of lucid dreams and they are awesome!

This is EXACTLY what it feels like for me:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianJ
Once you're there you can pretty much take control over the entire dream -That monster has huge teeth! What monster? It's a cute puppy *poof*. Once your in the state of lucid dreaming it's almost like hypnosis, you recharge much faster and wake up more refreshed. Very hard to get a mastery on though.
I've had my first lucid dreams when I was 17, during the 9 minutes snooze interval of my alarm clock. I had a nice dream when my alarm clock went off, so I killed it quickly (you become quite efficient in this if you're lazy like me) and continued dreaming, but now I knew I was dreaming. The next 9 minutes felt like an hour to me, and it was awesome.

I continued to try this every day. It didn't work all the time, but at least twice a week. It depends on my state of mind: When I'm stressed and start thinking of the day to come when I wake up, it won't work, but when I'm relaxed and have nothing to worry about I'm in :-)

It became harder to do that when I grew older. When I was 20-ish I was curious about nootropics and tried Piracetam and Pramiracetam. Lucid dreaming started to be more vivid and regular for me than it ever was. Most of the time I used these dreams to do some kind of "Virtual traveling". I went on a trip to anywhere I want, and do anything I could. I could even use it to have sex during these dreams, and when I woke up, I was 2 seconds away from orgasm.

Due to circumstances it stopped completely for 2-3 years, but now I still have lucid dreams 1-3 times a month. And I still love them more than anything.

Likes:slow teases, dice dares, mild pain, edging, spanking, orgasm denial / forced, semi-public, ...
Dislikes: degrading / humiliation, bladder control, ice, pictures, anal
Limits: blood, illegal, friends/family, permanent, cam, social suicide, messy

Last edited by rangertom; 05-10-2014 at 02:06 AM.
rangertom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 05:37 PM   #14
iSpuds
Starchy Sadist

I've had quite a few, but usually they're not very pleasant. The last lucid dream I had, I was trying to figure out how to get home without tipping off a molester who was stalking me about where I live. I was also quite pissy drunk.

Likes, Limits, and Fantasies (click)

A Domme with a Monkey.

The Monkey, the Potato, and the Book of Truth (AMA)

My PM Dares are Offline.
I don't participate in unsolicited PM dares, so don't ask.

"iSpuds used to be an onion before she realized that she wanted a simpler, layer free life. Gordon Ramsey himself agreed to perform the surgery, but when Nigella Lawson walked in during the middle of the procedure with a bottle of scotch, things went awry. Waking up as an iOS kernel trapped in a potato's body, iSpuds successfully sued the Food Channel for 13 quintillion Zimbabwe Shillings, and now lives in an exclusive, nano-sliver coated vegetable crisper." -Runesmith

"On a scale of 1-10, what's your favorite color of the Alphabet?"
"Prismarine!"
iSpuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 05:40 PM   #15
SweetTeen
getDare Addict

Never had any How do you get those?

Advertisements
Kink Talk