Old 03-20-2020, 12:56 AM   #1
Dew

Default Right/Left Confusion

Hi everybody,
This is a sort of “problem” I always had, since I was a little girl.
I know I’m not totally dumb or stupid, it’s only I have problems to tell right from left.

I mean.... I am able to turn or go where I want and when necessary, but when it comes to decide when someone else say or asks me..... it can really become a challenge for me.
It may become almost impossible if I’m under pressure.

If I’m asked to turn on one side or another... oh my!
Lift one hand or the other, I will be very hexitating....
Better not to ask me indications or driving directions the road if you do not like to end up in Siberia...

It’s really frustrating and sometimes very embarrassing, really.
I remember at school one day a teacher suddenly said: “oh look at your left!”
They all turned to the window to see a beautiful bird, I was the only one turning my head to the wall and even said something silly like: “there’s no bird on the wall!”
I felt so totally stupid I wanted to disappear under the floor. Guys and girls mocked me for ages. (Other girls were nastier)

Do you also experience this, and if yes, on a scale from 1 to 10 (1 is very rarely and 10 is almost always) at which level?

Speaking of myself I would say: YES, 6/7 in normal condition, up to 9 if very nervous/under pressure

sue

My likes, dislikes, limits:
https://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=89717

My BDSM tools and sex toys:
https://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=89843

My blog:
https://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?u=296422
Dew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 11:46 AM   #2
rhode64
getDare Patriot

Send a message via AIM to rhode64 Send a message via MSN to rhode64 Send a message via Yahoo to rhode64
Default dislexic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dew View Post
Hi everybody,
This is a sort of “problem” I always had, since I was a little girl.
I know I’m not totally dumb or stupid, it’s only I have problems to tell right from left.

I mean.... I am able to turn or go where I want and when necessary, but when it comes to decide when someone else say or asks me..... it can really become a challenge for me.
It may become almost impossible if I’m under pressure.

If I’m asked to turn on one side or another... oh my!
Lift one hand or the other, I will be very hexitating....
Better not to ask me indications or driving directions the road if you do not like to end up in Siberia...

It’s really frustrating and sometimes very embarrassing, really.
I remember at school one day a teacher suddenly said: “oh look at your left!”
They all turned to the window to see a beautiful bird, I was the only one turning my head to the wall and even said something silly like: “there’s no bird on the wall!”
I felt so totally stupid I wanted to disappear under the floor. Guys and girls mocked me for ages. (Other girls were nastier)

Do you also experience this, and if yes, on a scale from 1 to 10 (1 is very rarely and 10 is almost always) at which level?

Speaking of myself I would say: YES, 6/7 in normal condition, up to 9 if very nervous/under pressure

sue
I was dislexic for years , I still am to a point and yes I have a real problem with right and left and yes it can be embarrassing but after 50 odd years learnt to live with it .
rhode64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 03:40 PM   #3
gdBob
getDare Sweetheart

If you struggle with your left and right, you may have dyspraxia.
nudity, risky stripping, interesting truths and games of chance.
gdBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 03:45 PM   #4
Cassidy_Meow
getDare Sweetheart

I got a huge scar on my left index finger so that’s how I tell or the L shape with index and thumb witch looks like L

Super new to all this female just starting to put my paws on the surface of all this

Likes and limits

Spoiler:
Have a purrrfect day
Cassidy_Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 07:46 PM   #5
Sexyplant

I typically had problems with that as well. And don't get me started on compass directions. But the way that I got through it was looking at my hands. If I curled my middle, ring, and pinky finger, I'd get an L shape. And I'd remember to move to the side (left) of that hand. Basically, you want to go in the direction of the pinky from the index finger.

Good luck. You got this. You are still smart and valid!
Old 03-21-2020, 12:37 AM   #6
Cstelle
gD Curio

I put my hand on my heart to make sure. Somehow that gesture gives me the confidence to say which side is left (the heart side) and which one is right (the other side).

I've got another problem which causes me much worse grief: I have not been able to learn the order of the months. This is a daily trouble. I can (usually) place them in their correct quarter - but figuring out the order requires work - and I'm likely to get it wrong. And I may forget a month or two. September, November - what are they all about??

I'm especially keen on hidden/semi public stuff (preferably outdoors) and I like to take selfies; I'm averse to anything unethical, illegal, harmful, painful, messy/dirty/unsanitary/icky or otherwise unpleasant.
Cstelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 01:53 AM   #7
Raziel78
Distinguished Member

Having suffered a brain tumour at the age of 3, i had that issue as well throughout my childhood. I sometimes still get it today when asked if i'm stressed or under pressure.
Raziel78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 02:35 AM   #8
The_Dared
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via AIM to The_Dared

At this point, typically. I dont have this issue, the exception being when I'm trying to unscrew something that is facing away from me, something about flipping it around can tie my brain up.

As recently as a few years ago though, this had been a self induced issue. I had been teaching people, mostly kids but adults too, and as inwas standing in front of them, I was doing everything mirrored. So if I said something like raise your right hand, I'd raise my left, or if I had said scoot to the left, I'd be pointing to my right. After 7 years of that, my brain was super confused for a long time.

Lock me in my clothes

PM Dares!

Likes and Limits
The_Dared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 08:41 AM   #9
amsanc

I sometimes have this issue and regularly find myself peeking at my hands to see which hand would form the L.

My PM dares
AMA!

Likes: Muffin top, anal, non-sexual dares, pee, lifestyle dares, rules, being a slut, showing off
Dislikes: Humiliation, pain, spanking, wedgies, light (easy) blackmail
Limits: Ice, body writing, public, social suicide, bondage, edging, messy, illegal, hard blackmail, diapers
amsanc is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk