Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 03-01-2020, 02:40 PM   #1
rhode64
getDare Patriot

Send a message via AIM to rhode64 Send a message via MSN to rhode64 Send a message via Yahoo to rhode64
Default Corona virus

How is everyone feeling about this corona virus going around are you worried do you have unanswered questions .
rhode64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 02:43 PM   #2
rhode64
getDare Patriot

Send a message via AIM to rhode64 Send a message via MSN to rhode64 Send a message via Yahoo to rhode64
Default yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhode64 View Post
How is everyone feeling about this corona virus going around are you worried do you have unanswered questions .
To answer my own question . Yes I am worried mainly because there are now 36 cases in the uk and the government are expecting more . I have serious health problems so if I caught it there is a fair chance it could be the end of me .
rhode64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 05:02 PM   #3
SilvertongueLyra
Account Banned

Default Covid19

The COVID19 is a type of Coronavirus that originated in Wuhan, China. Unless you are super old or have respiratory problems, you have a 0.02% chance of dying from it, even then, your chances of death are 2%, way way way less than Ebola which was at a whopping 50%.

Yes it's scary, but here are ways you can make sure you are safe

1. Wash your hands!
The Coronavirus, much like the common cold and flu, gets into your body via your mucous membranes found in your mouth, eyes and nose. Don't touch your face unless your hands are washed properly. Wash your hands like a surgeon does. Rub some soap over your hands, lather them, scrub the palm and the back of your hand and then scrub between your fingers too, rinse and you are good to go!

2. Get the flu shot!
You can't complain about the COVID19 when you haven't protected yourself from it's cousins Influenza A and B. Flu shots are revamped every year to make sure they can protect you from most flu, and gives your immune system better weapons and training to fight off diseases like COVID19

3. Sneeze or cough in a tissue and dispose of it immediately
If you don't have a tissue available, cough or sneeze into your elbow rather than your fist.

4. Stay home if you are sick
Like the flu, this virus spreads fast unless you are inside a bubble ball. If you are sick with any kind of flu, stay home and have lots of fluids and rest.

5. Stop with the hate
Yes, it originated in China, boohoo. That doesn't mean all Chinese got it via some Chinese passport scheme where anyone holding a Chinese passport gets immediately infected. Anyone and everyone around you is a liability, if we are being Mad Eye Moody like paranoid.
Instead, take the precautions. Take care of your own health and well being by being aware not anxious.

6. Masks are kinda bogus unless you have the virus
Remember mucus holes? Wearing a mask won't protect you if someone with the virus sneezes near you. It's got a lot of places to enter from. The masks are recommended for people who have the virus to decrease the risk of transmission via coughing or sneezing.

7. Take my advice with a grain of salt and read up on the WHO website
Do you really want to be protected? Get the facts straight and know where you stand. The media wants to be clickbait to make sure you click on that article or video. It's bad, but it's not the apocalypse. Read, educate yourself and stay aware.

In the end of this rant/blog... I am under quarantine because I worked with a patient who hadn't taken the precautions before coming to the hospital. My tests are clear, I don't have it, but for the safety of others I have to stay home and get bored out of my mind for 14 days... 12 now...

As long as you are aware, you are safer than 99% of the public. Stay happy and healthy.

PS: I am owned and collared! I am all his.

Looking for my likes, check here

Please feel free to drop any question or ask whatever you please in my AMA
SilvertongueLyra is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 4 users say Thank You to SilvertongueLyra for this post:
Old 03-01-2020, 06:01 PM   #4
RubinPhoxx

Default Canadian reply

Hello, I for the first time told my spouse to be careful and stay away from people today when she went out for groceries.

I'm from Nova Scotia, there aren't any cases of coronavirus here, but I fear that it will find it's way here someday.

I hate that the governments aren't taking this seriously and that the only thing that seems to matter is the ECONOMY! Fck that shit. People MATTER!

Anyway, It's all too late. This virus cannot be stopped now due to China's lies and people's lack of trust in governments all over the world.

Stay safe everyone and be careful around crowds of people

PM Dares
More PM Dares
Likes, dislikes, limits

Latest Blog Post: Rules

Last edited by RubinPhoxx; 03-01-2020 at 06:58 PM. Reason: grammar mistakes
RubinPhoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 07:04 PM   #5
samuelhuntington

1. The only reason why people should be concerned is if we are all complacent. Saying it's "not as serious as ebola" or "not as infectious as the common flu" is simply encouraging people to mentally check out and not helpful at all.

2. It took medical professionals two years to figure out how to prevent HIV. We should be vigilant and cautious. Pay attention to hygiene and medical news from your local authorities. Wash hands and use hand sanitiser regularly.

3. Governments tell you not to use face masks because 1) medical professionals are facing shortage, 2) most people don't understand how to properly use face masks, and 3) they can't 100% defend against coronavirus.

But it is a misunderstanding to think masks are totally not helpful. There is a reason why the Chinese government told their citizens to wear them.

Learn how to properly use a mask, instead of just give up; don't touch them once you wear them, wash your hands before and after you put them on and take them off, dispose of masks properly.

PM for strip games like battlestrip, strip poker, or any other games you come up with.
still seeking casual female switch to play with!
Likes, dislikes, limits
PM dares
kik: SamGD2

samuelhuntington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 07:31 AM   #6
SilvertongueLyra
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelhuntington View Post
1. The only reason why people should be concerned is if we are all complacent. Saying it's "not as serious as ebola" or "not as infectious as the common flu" is simply encouraging people to mentally check out and not helpful at all.

2. It took medical professionals two years to figure out how to prevent HIV. We should be vigilant and cautious. Pay attention to hygiene and medical news from your local authorities. Wash hands and use hand sanitiser regularly.

3. Governments tell you not to use face masks because 1) medical professionals are facing shortage, 2) most people don't understand how to properly use face masks, and 3) they can't 100% defend against coronavirus.

But it is a misunderstanding to think masks are totally not helpful. There is a reason why the Chinese government told their citizens to wear them.

Learn how to properly use a mask, instead of just give up; don't touch them once you wear them, wash your hands before and after you put them on and take them off, dispose of masks properly.
Pardon me, a few clarifications on your points, if I may?

1. It is as infectious as the common cold. That's what's making it borderline pandemic, I think it's a pandemic but not sure if it's classified as that yet. In the past, the common cold used to be deadly as well, but our immune systems have built up against it. Remember that out of 89,000 people infected, 45,000 have recovered and I think that's a sign of great odds for us being alright and that our medical professionals will do their utmost to make sure we are okay... I have to believe that otherwise, I am fucked. Being aware and conscious is not the same as being anxious and building up phobias against people even vaguely associated with the disease.

2. This is a very good point, and no virus has a true cure. They mutate, they change over the course of time. As a person infected with the common cold will always be a carrier of the common cold, the same goes for the COVID19. A vaccine is being developed as we speak, don't know how the mutations affect them though, which hopes to allow people to fight off the virus. Births have also shown that unlike the HIV which can be hereditary, the COVID19 isn't found to be hereditary yet... That's to my knowledge, I think I read of a child being successfully given birth to in China who was free from the virus, all covered in a cute little bubble as it was delivered when their mother had the virus. They look adorable.

3. This is an excellent point. The reason why medical professionals are facing a shortage though (at least in my country) is because we import many of our medical supplies from China. Makes it cheaper. However, my aim was to point out that merely wearing a mask doesn't make you immune and all powerful against the virus, or any virus, it simply adds a small layer of protection; maybe like how Captain America needs a shield but can do alright without it when necessary but he isn't at his best when he has to work that way?

This time, to add a little more resources for anyone who wishes to look at them:
A) WHO
B) Genetic Data of the COVID19
C) Some Honest Advice from a Doctor
D) FAQ about the COVID19

Don't panic, panicking doesn't help. Be aware, take care of all the precautions you can. Living healthier, whether your country has a mutating virus or not, is best for everyone; you, your family, your community and your country. Just like we got through SARS, we will get through this too. Stronger and healthier for it.

Last edited by SilvertongueLyra; 03-02-2020 at 08:52 AM.
The following user says Thank You to SilvertongueLyra for this post:
Old 03-02-2020, 11:28 AM   #7
japgirl

The whole Coronavirus thing is getting on my nerves. I get dirty looks from SICK non-Asian people. I’m not the one coughing up my lungs, so don’t judge me just because I’m Asian. I’m not even Chinese. I’ve never ever been to China. If you are sick don’t look at me like I gave it to you the second I walk into the room. It’s quite ridiculous and quite frankly, I’d like to slap the dirty looks off their ugly mugs.

• Female •

SHS: 3

I can be sweet, but I have a bit of a bite. Snarky, savage, and full of sarcasm.

I don’t play with jailbait!

Rules of Play
Likes, Dislikes, and Limits

Story in Progress
The Shadow

The Anthology
The Color of My Soul
The Unspoken Story
The Sub’s Song
My Surrender
japgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to japgirl for this post:
Old 03-02-2020, 12:57 PM   #8
MasterMichaelNY
Account Banned

Ok, first off. This was made in a weapons lab. We are only seeing the first phase of this weapon. Should we be worried? Well look at the extreme steps the Chinese government is doing. They know what it is, and what it is capable of doing. The government is going crazy disinfecting everything. If the flu was worst, why are they acting this way, because they know the worst is to come.

Also, if anybody wants to believe it's natual, do you really believe a bat flew all the way to Africa to bite a monkey that had AIDs. Then flew back to China. Come on.

Keep a eye out on the people that had it, and then were cleared by testing negative for the virus, then all of sudden tested positive again. Watch them.

Next, our government knows, how bad it really is. But they need you to be a good cog in the machine and go to work, and not panic.

My wife works in the health care field, high up. I hear stuff, all im going to say is this. Make sure you have at least a month supply of food and medication on hand, Also make sure your family and friends are stocked up too. It's going to be a nasty ride up ahead.I

Also, do not believe main stream news. If you want to know, research for yourself. The government doesn't want a panic, so they are going to lie to you. Perfect example, the state of Florida didn't have any cases of the virus until today. The reason why, the state didn't have any test kits to confirm if the person had the virus. New York City confirmed today they have patients with the virus. That's a lie, the first cases were reported last week, but we're never made pubic. Health-care worker were told last week, and also told to prepare.

I'm ending it with that.

To everybody at GD, play it super safe.

Kik, MasterMichaelNY
Email, [email protected]

Last edited by MasterMichaelNY; 03-02-2020 at 02:14 PM.
MasterMichaelNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 10:38 PM   #9
samuelhuntington

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvertongueLyra View Post
Pardon me, a few clarifications on your points, if I may?

1. It is as infectious as the common cold. That's what's making it borderline pandemic, I think it's a pandemic but not sure if it's classified as that yet. In the past, the common cold used to be deadly as well, but our immune systems have built up against it. Remember that out of 89,000 people infected, 45,000 have recovered and I think that's a sign of great odds for us being alright and that our medical professionals will do their utmost to make sure we are okay... I have to believe that otherwise, I am fucked. Being aware and conscious is not the same as being anxious and building up phobias against people even vaguely associated with the disease.

2. This is a very good point, and no virus has a true cure. They mutate, they change over the course of time. As a person infected with the common cold will always be a carrier of the common cold, the same goes for the COVID19. A vaccine is being developed as we speak, don't know how the mutations affect them though, which hopes to allow people to fight off the virus. Births have also shown that unlike the HIV which can be hereditary, the COVID19 isn't found to be hereditary yet... That's to my knowledge, I think I read of a child being successfully given birth to in China who was free from the virus, all covered in a cute little bubble as it was delivered when their mother had the virus. They look adorable.

3. This is an excellent point. The reason why medical professionals are facing a shortage though (at least in my country) is because we import many of our medical supplies from China. Makes it cheaper. However, my aim was to point out that merely wearing a mask doesn't make you immune and all powerful against the virus, or any virus, it simply adds a small layer of protection; maybe like how Captain America needs a shield but can do alright without it when necessary but he isn't at his best when he has to work that way?

This time, to add a little more resources for anyone who wishes to look at them:
A) WHO
B) Genetic Data of the COVID19
C) Some Honest Advice from a Doctor
D) FAQ about the COVID19

Don't panic, panicking doesn't help. Be aware, take care of all the precautions you can. Living healthier, whether your country has a mutating virus or not, is best for everyone; you, your family, your community and your country. Just like we got through SARS, we will get through this too. Stronger and healthier for it.
Yup, thanks for adding to my point. I really think there's a midpoint between outright panic / phobia and complacency, and that's where we need to be at. I come from a country that got hard-hit by SARS, so I'm probably more mindful of such things than the average person.

PM for strip games like battlestrip, strip poker, or any other games you come up with.
still seeking casual female switch to play with!
Likes, dislikes, limits
PM dares
kik: SamGD2

samuelhuntington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 04:48 PM   #10
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

I don't mind getting infected with the Corona virus myself except for that I might infect others. But I fear for some of my family members, especially for the one grandma I have left.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 11:44 AM   #11
Raziel78
Distinguished Member

It's getting closer to where i live. I work on a call center so they're already planning giving us all laptops and mobile phones to work from home. Honestly a bit worried but the Coronavirus seems inevitable. Still laughing at how people think driking Corona will give them the virus :')
Raziel78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 02:12 PM   #12
SilvertongueLyra
Account Banned

Default Let's take a breather, shall we?

I believe most countries which have been hit by COVID19 have been told to bunker down for the next 15-30 days and work from home, don't send kids to school, distance yourselves from other people and just, I guess take a breather.

I have been through two weeks of lonely quarantine, no one was allowed to visit and it was hell because of the sheer boredom I had. I messaged people I hadn't talked to in forever. I tried to liven up the days of people who were having a tough time in the harsh cold world. I learnt that, for all its vices, COVID19 is something we have all needed.

I saw, firsthand, the cons of social media. It's not all bad, it's something we can overcome well and we are trying and striving to do so now. The panic just boiled and overspilled everywhere. Yes, this is scary. Businesses have shut down, TP shortage is everywhere, even in remote countries or countries who have never had a need for TP otherwise, supermarkets are empty.

But... Here are the pros I have seen as well.
I was alone. My first week was shit. I cried a couple of times because I felt so fucking lonely but then realised that it's just cause I am not busy. I built up a routine to stick to while at home and it fucking makes me feel a whole lot more independent now. I called and connected with people I never had the guts to do so with before. I enjoyed just making things with my own hands and tried to learn how to cook. Masterwants here helped me with a couple of recipes, and omg, cheese and shepherd's pie is to die for! Amazing stuff, very filling, not something I would have everyday, but so hearty and warm it was like a hug in every morsel. We are being given a chance to get back to our origins, to reconnect, rejuvenate and get to connect with ourselves and who we are again. We are not mindless robots who go for work, get home, have a cup of Joe and ramen or takeout and go to sleep. We have worries, emotions... We go through shit that we don't take the time to deal with and we are heart and soul human beings.

Take this time as a bounty. You are home. You are getting to work from bed at your own times. You ate getting to cook, or do origami or just catch up on some shows you never have the time for. Let's take this time and heal, as humans, as a community and as a planet.

Let's make COVID19 become less of a pandemic, and more as a blessing we all needed. Christmas might have come early folks.

The following 3 users say Thank You to SilvertongueLyra for this post:
Old 03-21-2020, 10:55 AM   #13
Kah
Account Banned

I'm mostly frustrated. I just spent 2 months stuck in bed with a failing Liver, a month in recovery after the surgery, and now I'm still not allowed to leave the house.

<3 Kah

Likes: Exhibitionism. Pain. Roleplay. Humiliation. Name calling. Bodywriting. Games.

Dislikes: Bondage. Sensory deprivation. Edging. Cold showers.

Limits: Illegal. Permanent. Pee/poo. Blood. Family/friends.

Hi guys. I took a bit of a break for my mental wellbeing, but lately have been teasing the idea of coming back to GetDare. I return with a clean bill of health and am ready to experience the joys this website can bestow once again.

PM DARES

<3 Kah
Kah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 11:46 AM   #14
Wolf007
Account Banned

Well now...
In terms of "fear of death", i fear for my parents.
Especially my dad who's a diabetic. Let's say that if he should become infected and receives poor treatment, he'll be a goner probably. Grandma's a goner for sure...
So, yes, scared i am.

As for myself and people around me, well they're all relatively young and healthy and should be able to live and fight another day. (yay?)

My conclusion: worst case scenario I'm attending waaay too many funerals this year for people i dearly love...and I'm eating boxes of anti depression pills by Christmas

Or

Best case: this blows over, fast, most of us have an overload of me-time before summer and don't even remember why traveling to another country is not recommended.

________________;-)__________________

Bye folks! And thanks for your cooperation!

End of transmission - Wolf out

Wolf007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:33 PM   #15
depp
SysOp

Hope everyone is staying safe. I'm the Bay Area of California and been inside for the last 30 days. Lucky in that I can still work remotely and have a massive stockpile of non-perishable food, but am worried for my family and concerned at reports of younger folks dying. I work with (and have recently talked with online) a few younger people that had this and are just now recovering, it's really quite bad. I personally don't believe this weapons lab talk (I operate on evidence) but we are certainly living in strange times. I wish I could say and publish everything that I know publicly about what has been going on for the last few years but there is a large-scale propaganda operation currently taking place on social media. It's no joke and its sadly been very successful. Just keep yourself safe by staying inside for the immediate future. We will get through this! All of it!

Advertisements
Kink Talk