Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Live Special Events

Old 05-27-2018, 04:45 PM   #1
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Asterisk Truth or Dare Chat Event - Next Event Sunday June 10 at 10 am MT

I will use this thread to announce the date and time of our Truth or Dare Chat Events.

How it will work:

I will start by asking "Who is in?"

Anybody who wants to play will say "Me"

I will then choose one of those people and ask "Truth or Dare"

If the person I chose picks truth, I will ask them a question that they must answer in chat.

If the person I chose picks dare, I will take a quick look at their limits and will assign a dare to them. Negotiations may happen in private. Dares should be something that can be done pretty easily while in chat and during the duration of the game.

Once you have received a dare, you cannot answer that you are in until you have completed your dare and given a short report in chat.

Once I have given out my dare, I will "tag" somebody else to be the asker.

Rules

*Please try to pick people who haven't had a chance to get a turn.
*Do not private chat with people who you are not negotiating with.
*Anybody who doesn't follow through with a dare or truth (that does not cross limits) will be kicked out of the game.
*Keep dares short and doable so that the game does not get stalled.
*Respect peoples limits.

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Last edited by Butterfly; 05-27-2018 at 05:24 PM.
Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 04:47 PM   #2
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Next event is scheduled for Sunday June 10 at 10:00 am MT

Find us in the Truth or Dare Chat Room

RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys

Old 06-10-2018, 09:13 AM   #3
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

This event is canceled due to nobody attending.

Before I schedule another event, I would like to hear from others to see if anybody is even interested in chat events. I don't want to put my time into something if nobody is interested.

RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys

The following user says Thank You to Butterfly for this post:
Old 06-10-2018, 09:22 AM   #4
Hammarling

I'm interested, i just keep missing the time's. Either through being busy, missing the fact an event is coming, or not understanding the time differences.

For example: i've been online almost every day for the last week and i had no idea this event was coming up! I've never seen it in the recent threads, and until now i didn't know there was a specific Live Special Events section... Granted that's a certain amount on me not looking, but i didn't know there was something to look for...

Is there a way to put some sort of banner announcement on the site? Like a pinned note somewhere on the main forums page saying what the next event would be?

Equally, i don't know off hand when 10am MT is for my BST time zone. And needing to go convert that myself isn't making me more interested in the event. In your announcement post it could be nice to do a few time-zone breakdowns, or a GMT we can work it out from.

I've seen a number of these around, but i've usually just been unavailable for them. I would like to get to a couple, i think they could be a great way to get more involved. But yeah, a not good timings and just not knowing they are even happening...

My NEW Ad Seeking A Submissive

My Bloggy Blog of Blogness

Kik: KHammarling

Limits: Permanent, Blood, Scat, Extremes, Illegal, Pics/Vids (unless i ok it)

Likes: Pet Play, Humiliation, Public, Light Anal, Self-Bondage/Bondage, Degradation, Games
Hammarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:31 AM   #5
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammarling View Post
I'm interested, i just keep missing the time's. Either through being busy, missing the fact an event is coming, or not understanding the time differences.

For example: i've been online almost every day for the last week and i had no idea this event was coming up! I've never seen it in the recent threads, and until now i didn't know there was a specific Live Special Events section... Granted that's a certain amount on me not looking, but i didn't know there was something to look for...

Is there a way to put some sort of banner announcement on the site? Like a pinned note somewhere on the main forums page saying what the next event would be?

Equally, i don't know off hand when 10am MT is for my BST time zone. And needing to go convert that myself isn't making me more interested in the event. In your announcement post it could be nice to do a few time-zone breakdowns, or a GMT we can work it out from.

I've seen a number of these around, but i've usually just been unavailable for them. I would like to get to a couple, i think they could be a great way to get more involved. But yeah, a not good timings and just not knowing they are even happening...
I have tried to advertise it in chat, bump the thread before events and we did have it as a banner when the live events section was opened. It just doesn't seem to work. I don't know how else I can advertise. And sometimes I don't have hours and hours to be in chat reminding people of the events.

If you look at the stickys in this section, you will see that I created two to help with time differences. One is a link to a time zone converter. You can input the time of the event in MT time and then your location and it will tell you what time that is for you.

There is also a team up calendar which shows you all of the events coming up and it will automatically convert it to the timezone of the person looking at the calendar. So todays event will show up as 10 am for me, but will show up as 6 pm or whatever time it is for you ...

If you have any further suggestions on what times would work, what events you are interested in, or how better i can advertise, I would be happy to hear it. I am just getting discouraged because I put a LOT of my time and effort into these events and if nobody wants to attend, there is no point.

RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys

Old 06-10-2018, 09:40 AM   #6
Butterfly's Prisoner
Account Banned

This could have been quite fun, but I missed the announcement and besides, today has been a bit hectic for me as I've just been returning from holiday. I would be happy to stick around for new editions, though.

Likes: anal, toothpaste, enemas, feet, edging, creative dares, trying out new stuff.
Dislikes/punishments: pee drinking, heavy anal, pain, long dares.
Limits: scat eating, public, friends/family/work, needles, extreme pain, blood play, face pictures, crossdressing.
Butterfly's Prisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:47 AM   #7
Hammarling

That's pretty comprehensive. Well now that i know about the section, converter and calendar i'll certainly be aware of future events, and will just need the time. Time wise, it's just life getting in the way rather than it being at 1am for me.

The issue i had was that the sheer amount of activity a site this size gets had buried a lot of that. Had the same with the writing competition, totally missed it at first and took time to find it existed.
In terms of advertising ideas: make the Live Events section more prominent? Move it up to Dungeon + Competitions, in Tangents it's buried and easy to miss.
Having looked you've done a lot of work advertising, it's just getting missed! Either because people arn't looking at the section, hence moving it up top might help, or posts get swamped under all the other site activity. Wish i had better ideas...

I know how frustrating it is, i've tried to run events on a different forum. Drop-off rates can be huge. I found just making those announcements as stand out as possible, make them impossible to miss by highlighting the posts, making them front and center and obvious as Official Admin ran ideas.

My NEW Ad Seeking A Submissive

My Bloggy Blog of Blogness

Kik: KHammarling

Limits: Permanent, Blood, Scat, Extremes, Illegal, Pics/Vids (unless i ok it)

Likes: Pet Play, Humiliation, Public, Light Anal, Self-Bondage/Bondage, Degradation, Games
Hammarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 10:11 AM   #8
Matt:
getDare Cultist (Inner Circle)

That really is a shame and I can understand it would be a bit disheartening with all the effort you have put in.

Unfortunately I was out when this one was on. Friday evenings and Saturday afternoon/evening are best times for me (UK) (Can do other evenings, provided not to late.)

The events that I have been able to attend have all being fun and well run. I did enjoy them. I find normal chat difficult due to my social problems, but found the organised events easier to join in with.

But it is a hard problem to solve, finding a time that suits enough people and enough people finding it.

Perhaps if more people can post and bump the advertisements near the time, that may help. I don't know.

Current Rule - I have to do all picture requests by females and I must show my full face

Sam, forever in my heart, I will always miss you <3

Last edited by Matt:; 06-10-2018 at 10:14 AM.
Matt: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 11:49 AM   #9
Jaro
A filthy maggot anal whore

I really really wanted to be here and at your previous event as well.

But both these times I had some other thing scheduled so I really couldn't.

I don't see how people could miss it really. It is advertised very well and easy to find here.

I understand how disheartening this is for you. You put so much effort in it. But I would ask to please not give up just yet. I really hope I can be at the next event and if you need any help, you know where to find me.

Worm owned by
Princess Butterfly

Likes & LimitsToysAMA

Check out my truths and dares here

Jaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 03:18 PM   #10
SwitchLeaningSub

This is quite a useful tool for picking a time and day for an event, and should work across time zones providing people look up the time differences. It sounds like there's definitely some enthusiasm for these events (the cocktail one and debate one sound interesting to me ), so dont be too disheartened.

https://doodle.com/en_GB/
Old 06-11-2018, 05:44 AM   #11
atownesq
Distinguished Member

Send a message via Yahoo to atownesq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
This event is canceled due to nobody attending.

Before I schedule another event, I would like to hear from others to see if anybody is even interested in chat events. I don't want to put my time into something if nobody is interested.
I'm definitely interested and enjoyed the one I did attend. I was not home and thus unavailable at this time.

Dislikes: public, corner time, shaving, exposure, drinking pee, anal, forced bi, writing lines, pics/cam.

Limits: Illegal, permanent/long term harm, financial, vomit, pee hole insertions, blood, needles, involving others without consent.

PM Dares

Toys/Clothes
atownesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 06:13 AM   #12
Butterfly's Prisoner
Account Banned

I would also suggest that instead of just posting the date and time of the event, you explicitly requested people to RSVP. That way you can both get a feeling for how many people are interested, and also put a bit of pressure on those who confirmed to actually attend the event (because it's obviously embarrassing to sign up and then not to appear).

Likes: anal, toothpaste, enemas, feet, edging, creative dares, trying out new stuff.
Dislikes/punishments: pee drinking, heavy anal, pain, long dares.
Limits: scat eating, public, friends/family/work, needles, extreme pain, blood play, face pictures, crossdressing.
Butterfly's Prisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 10:10 AM   #13
Top Dogs

Interested in the ToD chat sessions and attended two of them which I enjoyed. Could not make June 10 as I was away.

Only interested in the ToD sessions, not the Debate ones.

Hope you don't get disheartened and run some more chat sessions

Likes: games, forfeits, strip, cum, pee, underwear, underwear / clothing destruction, messy, cam.
Limits: public, dangerous, poo, pain, anal, expensive, insertion of anything anywhere, time-consuming, body writing, involving others.
I have no toys suitable for solo use and no female clothing.
Top Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk