Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 07-15-2018, 01:04 PM   #1
LitDarkness
Truth or Dare Zealot

Arrow LitDarkness' Non-Kink Accountability Service

So, you want accountably without kink? You, may or may not be a rare breed here. I have no idea if you are or not.

Here is how this works, you list your goal and track your progress here for everyone else to see. You must track everyday. (If going on vacation, won't be on getDare, let us know in a day in advance for how long or alternatively you can let me know by pm.)

If you start and don't update everyday without reason, I will ban you from the thread.

A starting template should be like this;

Goal:
Date to reach Goal:
Why I am aiming to complete this goal:
How I plan to reach this goal:
(Plus any other information you want to add, just keep it neat please.)

Goal updates should look like this;

Percentage of goal meant: (It wouldn't say that but, depending on the goal you set, you state where you are in your goals. Let's say your goal is to lose weight, you'd do Weight:130 etc.)
Time left:
Plan Updates: (Basically if you noticed a plan isn't working and needs changed or things are going to plan.)
Helpful Tips: (Leave some tips for yourself.)
Other:

Keep in mind, this thread is for you to have some accountability. There are no rewards, no punishments and never will be on this thread. I will watch and make sure you are updating as I do not want this thread to be a mess. The only real punishment would be being banned from the thread for these offenses;

1.Making fun of someone's goals etc.
2.Not updating daily, without reason (Like I said, vacations etc. Pm me or update the thread stating so.)
3.Rudeness in general

This is to be a encouraging and motivational thread.

Now, for a much cleaner template to copy;

Starting Template:

Goal:
Date to reach Goal:
Other:

Goal Updates:

Percentage of goal meant:
Time left:
Plan Updates:
Helpful Tips:
Other:

30/1,603 edges+ 2 more days of denial after edges
Make My Denial Harder
Denial Diary
6,000th post tasks and reports

Likes + Limits
Stuff I Can Use for Dares
BDSM Test Results
PM DARES
Stories & Poems

Spelling or Grammar Mistake: Let Me Know
Help Break My Cursing Habit

Live with people and do not own toys. Keep in mind when daring me please.

Not your bitch and calling me names or trying to Dom me is probitted. Violators will be declared as idiots.
LitDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 02:18 AM   #2
420jenni
=^ ~ ^=

Goal: Learn to keep my room clean
Date to reach Goal: Two Weeks
Why I am aiming to complete this goal: I'm tired of feeling like a slob and being embarrassed to have friends over!
How I plan to reach this goal: Spend at the very least 5 minutes cleaning my room every day.
Other: I was fairly good at keeping things tidy before becoming so overwhelmed by my health issues. I believe I should still be able to keep things in a reasonable condition, even if I can only physically handle a little bit at a time.
Old 07-27-2018, 04:05 PM   #3
LitDarkness
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420jenni View Post
Goal: Learn to keep my room clean
Date to reach Goal: Two Weeks
Why I am aiming to complete this goal: I'm tired of feeling like a slob and being embarrassed to have friends over!
How I plan to reach this goal: Spend at the very least 5 minutes cleaning my room every day.
Other: I was fairly good at keeping things tidy before becoming so overwhelmed by my health issues. I believe I should still be able to keep things in a reasonable condition, even if I can only physically handle a little bit at a time.
This is a reasonable goal and your words are encouraging to yourself so let me add to that.

30/1,603 edges+ 2 more days of denial after edges
Make My Denial Harder
Denial Diary
6,000th post tasks and reports

Likes + Limits
Stuff I Can Use for Dares
BDSM Test Results
PM DARES
Stories & Poems

Spelling or Grammar Mistake: Let Me Know
Help Break My Cursing Habit

Live with people and do not own toys. Keep in mind when daring me please.

Not your bitch and calling me names or trying to Dom me is probitted. Violators will be declared as idiots.
LitDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 04:13 PM   #4
thenewslave
getDare Sweetheart

Thenewslave loves this idea.
Thenewslave is not going to join yet but wanted to say that

Likes:Bathroom dares, hidden public, humiliation, using toys, dressing up, anything else thats not listed
Dislikes/punishment: corner time/linewriting, strong pain
Soft Limits: Scat Eating, masturbation, messy dares where you have to waste tons of food (a little bit is ok), pictures
Limits : family, social suicide

Last edited by thenewslave; 07-28-2018 at 12:53 AM.
thenewslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 07:00 PM   #5
420jenni
=^ ~ ^=

Thank you, my friend. I spent a little while picking up all my dirty clothes off the floor, now my hamper is overflowing. I'll do laundry tomorrow I also cleaned all my toys and put them away, as having rubber dicks covered in lube scattered across my room is likely not the best habit to keep ^-^ And put most of the trash into my bin. Even found a CD I had been looking for while picking up!
Old 07-29-2018, 08:52 AM   #6
420jenni
=^ ~ ^=

Felt pretty terrible yesterday and didn't do any cleaning at all. Feel pretty terrible today but have no obligations like I did yesterday, will definitely get myself to do something.
Old 07-30-2018, 12:37 AM   #7
420jenni
=^ ~ ^=

Didn't have much energy but at least managed to do a bit of laundry today.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:57 PM   #8
420jenni
=^ ~ ^=

Put yesterday's load of laundry in the dresser and just put in another load of laundry. Took some cups out of my room and put them in the dishwasher. More of my floor is becoming visible
Old 07-31-2018, 03:40 PM   #9
Joan Sky
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Put yesterday's load of laundry in the dresser and just put in another load of laundry. Took some cups out of my room and put them in the dishwasher. More of my floor is becoming visible
Good job, keep it up!
Joan Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to Joan Sky for this post:
Old 07-31-2018, 08:45 PM   #10
Joan Sky
Distinguished Member

Default Finish writing a 33,500 word fanfiction visual novel game

Date to reach Goal:
September 1st - one month from now

Because I have pushed it off too long. I started it in the middle of March. I have done a portion of the work already, but the past two months have been kinda rough with other stuff... I just messaged my teammate and hope they're still okay with me and the project moving forward. They've been gone for a little while before too, but it was less than mine was just now. And they've been pretty cool with me and happy with what I have come up with so far. They messaged me to check in on me a couple of times recently but didn't say they took me off it. And they may have had other stuff going on too.

Working everyday, cramming, crunching hard for the entire month. I have to write everything, the storyline for each route, it's choices, and endings... It needs to be good enough. And the rest of the time they can draw and game design until it's finished (their goal release date is the end of the year) and I'll make adjustments simultaneously and try to be as helpful as I can.

Other:

I sent my teammate this letter ~

Sorry, everything is okay. I know you need to draw soon to get it done by your goal of the end of the year. I will try my best. Please forgive me. How have you been so far?

I will post my daily progress every day to show how much I'm trying. Any ideas I post and writing I have come up with for the day will be part of a draft that becomes fined tuned and polished towards the finished product. There's only four and a half hours left today. I will post my daily progress and everything new I have done everyday at nine pm central time starting tomorrow. I will set two daily alarms near that time as a reminder. I am going to try and crunch to finish all the writing one month from now ~ September 1st. That is my goal. I will be available everyday to communicate. You don't have to be available everyday, I just want you to know that I will post everyday, when you can reach me everyday, and that you can read each days progress (when you check in on it) until the goal date. I meant everything I said before and throughout, and I'm sorry it's been bumpy so far. I hope you can forgive me, and that I show you more and more each day that you put your faith in the right place and that I make both us proud. I want us to make a good visual novel that everyone can enjoy.

I will post here every day for a month because this project is important to me. Creative writing is really important to me and I don't do it much as I would like (and that's an understatement). My goal on here is to post everyday with the daily "goal update" template provided at the beginning of the thread. I will submit each day's work to my teammate at the same time I mentioned each day, and after that will fill out this template and post my progress on here.

I'm not going to post my work on here, I'm just giving a basic summary of the work I did and everything else mentioned in the goal update.

I chose this to aid me because although I am talented and have a lot of potential I have hard time finding the motivation... I often feel lost, unsure, an unmotivated and that's the opposite of what I want to be. I'm not trying to sound weird, but sometimes I feel like I'm one of those geniuses that can't even tie their own shoe. Like there's some kind of block I have that I need to figure out, not to mention my different learning styles and the tools and aids to go with them. I get through things fine, but I don't want to be just okay (or somewhat so) and not do the things I really want to. So I'm trying. First update tomorrow.

Thank you for this thread LitDarkness.

Last edited by Joan Sky; 07-31-2018 at 11:05 PM.
The following user says Thank You to Joan Sky for this post:
Old 08-01-2018, 03:05 AM   #11
420jenni
=^ ~ ^=

You can do it, Joan! Do your best work

I didn't have much energy at all today, but did two loads of laundry. Now I definitely have more clean clothes than dirty clothes ^~^
Old 08-01-2018, 07:45 AM   #12
Joan Sky
Distinguished Member

Quote:
You can do it, Joan! Do your best work

I didn't have much energy at all today, but did two loads of laundry. Now I definitely have more clean clothes than dirty clothes ^~^
Thanks You too.

I'm proud of you
Old 08-01-2018, 10:01 PM   #13
Joan Sky
Distinguished Member

Goal Updates:
One day down, thirty-one to go. I would say I did all right for the day.

Percentage of goal met:
1 day out of 32, 9 handwritten pages then typed and submitted on laptop, new ideas I thought of for the storyline that excited me, gaining experience and improving little by little. Whatever percentage that translates to. Yeah, but 1/32 = approximately 3 percent. Woo...

Time left:
31 days after today. Weird. I thought months alternated from 30 to 31 with the exception of February, but considering July and August I stand corrected.

Reaffirm it everyday to remember and keep it focused and fresh in your mind. Smart. I'll type what comes to mind everyday instead of copying and pasting the same thing throughout.

It's important to me. I love writing and this is project is something I connect with that is helpful to me on different levels, and because I want complete it early enough so my teammate can feel comfortable with the amount of time left to finish their work/the game by their goal date of the end of the year. And so I can adjust the writing if necessary if anything comes up and help them as needed.

Plan Updates:
I wrote nine pages today in my notebook. I find it quicker and easier to handwrite things because I can scribble it down like chicken scratch (as quick as I think it) and let my thoughts flow more freely without much interruption. I'm not a slow typist, but I still do the two finger draw (lol) instead of home row keys, so my notebook is better. That and I don't want to lug my laptop around.

My roommate wanted to have a nice day out and explore some new stores (deeper into the suburbs and rural area) a while away. The good thing about setting goals is that it makes things aware in your mind. It makes you aware of priorities. It makes you more aware of time. It help to push you more. It helps give you something to aim for. It helps you to focus and be aware of distractions. Of course they will come, but you have to be mindful which ones to entertain and which ones not to. I am a person, not a robot. I feel like it sometimes if I let myself slip down that way. I could have stayed home and said, "No! I will focus on my writing for the full month and lock myself in my room/be a hermit as much as possible!" but I didn't. I said, "Sure." And I brought my spiral notebook and pen.

I wrote a good amount at home before I went out too, I spent as much time as I could thinking about what to write. I wrote in the truck. I saw a lot of beautiful nature, vast acreage, new surroundings, nice towns and neighborhoods... I brought my notebook and pen with me into the stores in case I had any ideas. I don't like staying in a hole. I want to move around. Getting around gives you ideas. Ideas that can get you out. I can go out and get inspired by something along the way, get fresh air and sunshine, etc. I can see or hear something that inspires me. Something that may be helpful to the storyline or characters that I haven't thought of before.

Helpful Tips:
Music with earbuds can help when I am typing (usually classical and instrumental then, music without lyrics; usually ones I haven't heard before) Maybe the auditory part in me. Maybe the sounds around me too if I'm about. I'm currently in my room listening mostly to Chopin nocturnes.

I can get bored being at home typing my notes onto the laptop in usual places. I like to move around a bit and wander. Perhaps the kinesthetic part of me. At home, I was more inspired in the art/game room probably because it is brighter than my room and the living room which have more the air of a den about it. I like to do work in places that make me feel like I'm away a little from where I usually like to gravitate to. Away from being too comfortable like I would in my room or the living room. Even a café in a bookstore... I like to do my work while I'm out too... I guess since I am writing a creative story, I don't want to be somewhere I usually am. I don't want to be somewhere I usually gravitate to and be too comfortable, because I am creating something new, something unexplored, something that I will make comfortable but at which point I have not arrived yet. It's a whole new world... It kind of like when you are in class and you chose your position more to the front and your body language is leaned forward in alertness. You don't sit in the back or slouch back in your chair until after you are finished being engaged. You can take short breaks, but not too many, and not ones which break your momentum. And I guess you can sense what adds and detracts to that. What actions inspire, uplift, motivate, improve, and are supportive and authentic to you? Have you poured your heart out (into it)?

Other:
Umm... Keep up the good work self ~

Last edited by Joan Sky; 08-02-2018 at 02:33 AM.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:30 PM   #14
Joan Sky
Distinguished Member

Goal Update-
Percentage of goal meant: 2 out of 32 days = approximately 6 percent. Woohoo!

Time left:
30 days

Because I love to write, I like this story, I have done other writing styles and want to complete this style of writing at least once and have experienced it, and because my teammate is counting on me.

Plan Updates:
Things are going to plan, learning, working, implementing, adjusting, and being

Helpful Tips/Other:
Balance. Push yourself.

Maybe it's good to alternate heavy days and not so heavy days. Those days don't mean nothing should be done. It's like a day of application and a day of theory rotating on repeat. Of course I should go with the flow. But I should be mindful of Resistance. Of stuff like procrastination, low motivation, idleness, doubt about the achieving the goal in the future (or imagining I may not achieve it), insecurity, and other negative thinking and corresponding actions, etc.

I pay attention to myself and become a Solver. Today I needed a not so heavy day since it was for me yesterday. Tomorrow will be heavy again. But today I still accomplished a good amount. I learned more about myself. On a lighter day I can work on maintaining and increasing my motivation so it doesn't get neglected and fizzle out. I can work on reviewing, editing, revisions, adjustments... I can briefly look at my teammates shared drawings, references links, and our project conversations for refreshment, inspiration, and to make sure I stay on course in sync and aligned.

Distractions will occur, but it's my job to stay focused. I go with the flow - if I think or feel like I may need music or something that may be helpful, I do it. Sometimes interruptions happen. Like I was in the art room, on my laptop, with Star Trek Voyager on the TV in the game section. I was playing a song on my laptop also. It was just the TV as background noise for a while as I was typing, but I though maybe music would help. And I played it. My roommate was in the living room for a while, but a bit after I played it she entered the kitchen to get something then popped her head in and said, "What are you playing?" Granted, when she entered the kitchen she didn't hear me mumble "I'm not turning it off this time." (I've turned my music off several times earlier today when she was passing through when I was on my laptop in the food bar area of the kitchen.) I got annoyed and said, "Nothing, I'm just listening to it. I've turned it off for you all the other times today."

She just likes her music and doesn't want to hear it if she doesn't like it, and besides that only if it's a little tolerable. I'm a bit more flexible. She didn't like that response, but we're cool. She's in the house doing whatever she's doing. I'm sure she dropped it already, it's not important. She's good at letting go... I just put my earbuds on to keep the peace and so I won't get distracted. I don't want to listen to it in my room with a shut door. I don't want to work in there right now, and I will feel like a little kid if I reacted that way, because yes, when things get kind of heavy I sometimes retreat to my room for comfort.

Uh... I'm getting a little bit more introverted than usual lately. I'll have to work on it a tad because my roommate seems like she's starting to get a little unhappy with it.

When I was working earlier, it felt kind of quiet so I put on Star Trek Voyager. It comforts me sometimes. I put it on because this time I wanted to be around the crew and their comradery even though I'm focused on the computer. I also currently have my former signature song on loop to kind of calm me down and relax me. I guess because my mind is all over the place at the moment, so it's reining in my focus and tuning in to that song while I focus on writing.

It varies. It's not predictable, it's what works at the moment. Yesterday it was various piano tracks, today it's this, tomorrow who knows? Maybe nothing or something new or old.

I make sure to take care of what I need. Sufficient sleep even though I'm restless sometimes (I'll just go when I finally get sleepy or make myself when I have to), decent nourishment, motivational and positive actions, etc. Even small things like petting my German Shepherd, or my roommate's dog, or hugs, jokes, quotes, etc. are brief but potent things.

Okay, I feel like working on more typing, editing, and additions to the project. Good night all

See ya around

Last edited by Joan Sky; 08-03-2018 at 08:58 AM.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:38 PM   #15
420jenni
=^ ~ ^=

Whelp, my plan of chugging a ton of coffee to be productive seems to have backfired, I simply ended up spending a lot of time in the restroom and getting nauseous Don't wanna do any cleaning, too dizzy.

Good going, Joan Glad you were able to combine going out with getting things done. And you gosh dang Trekkie nerd, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who puts Trek on just for something comfortable and familiar

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
accountability, goal, goal setting, held to, record