Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Competitions

Old 01-01-2019, 04:46 PM   #1
TheoDares
Account Banned

Medal Bronze 1 The Official End of Year 2018 Awards Nominations

Welcome to the nomination thread for the 'End of Year 2018' awards. It has been a huge year this year, and we've managed to end it with the site still here. We've had members leave, and members join. We've had a facelift on our partner site, new moderators and a spam attack. Finally it is over and we enter the year of 2019 on a high - but before we can do that, we need to take a moment to look back and celebrate you: the users of Getdare and your achievements in the year of 2019.

In this years awards, there are going to be 16 Awards - Butterfly and I have discussed nominations for many hours now, and we've come to the mutual conclusion that no two people are qualified enough to judge the entire year, so we've decided to open it up to you. Yes, you! Through the use of a Google Form, we want you to vote for who you think should be nominated for each award.

The google form will close on the 11th January 2018 - and then Butterfly and I will look at the lists that you have sent us, and choose the best, most qualified ten nominees for each of the sixteen awards. The threads will then be made, and the polls will go up live. Right now, it is anyone's game - anyone can win. We will aim to post the finalists in separate threads, and open up voting on January 13. After a week of of voting, the results will be posted on the 21st of January 2018!

The Prominent Male Award

This award is given to the male user on the site that is the best representation of the Male species. This person does not have to be the manliest creature on the site, but does have to fill categories such as active on the site, a regular poster, someone who, just like the title suggests is Prominent on the site!

The Prominent Female Award

Much like with the case for the females on the site, which do you feel is the most prominent? We're in a time of female self-empowerment right now, and which of these ladies empowers themselves the best on Getdare, which is the most prominent to you?

The Prominent Person Award
With Getdare being such a diverse forum, we have members who do not identify as either a male, or a female. This thread is for them. Which non-identifying forum user, or user who's gender is not 'Male' or 'Female' do you believe has been active, helpful and who's contributions have generally helped to improve Getdare this year? This is the award for them.

Thread of the Year

Without threads on the forum, we would have nothing to keep us entertained and busy on the forum. It's incredibly simple to make a 'Loser has to' or a 'Person above thread' - but this category honours those threads that have taken time and effort to create in order to give the rest of us some added entertainment. To be eligible for this, your thread has to have been created in 2018.

Honest Halo Award

Take a look in the Truth section, and you will find the winner of the 'Honest Halo' award there. Whether they are leading the way on questions with amazing threads, or simply taking the time out to answer the hard-hitting question - this person keeps the section bidding and active.

Best Truth Question
This award is for the thread posted in the 'Truth' section of the forum during 2018 that has been the best. The thread must have been posted in both 2018, and inside the 'Truth' section in order to be eligible for this award. Maybe it is a really interesting question, or perhaps it is a full Questionnaire you enjoyed filling in.

Deviant Darer

This award is for the giving of dares. Who gave you the best dares this year? This is the award that honours those who spend their time thinking up the very things that you are on the site to do! This award is for those who give the best dares out.

Dare of the Year

Did a dare push you to your limits this year? This is the thread that we take a look at all the dares you've received to narrow down exactly which dare was the best one. Dares are the reason we are all here, and without the creative people who make them, we wouldn't be here - so which was the most creative?

Dominant of the Year

We all love to serve a powerful dominant or a domme - but which of these is the best in the game? Who makes you quiver in your boots? Who's orders do you desire when you sit alone masturbating? Vote for the dominant you want to be known as the Dom/me of Doms.

Submissive of the Year

We've honored those who are dominant, but behind every good dominant, stands an honest submissive - ready to take orders and do as their dominant pleases, but who on Getdare remains the best at taking the orders and pleasing their dominants? Let's find out.

Blogger of the Year

The forums is not the only part of the forum. We also have the blog section that people can do more than just use as space for their PM Dares and Likes/Limits. This award is to recognize those who have put more than just their PM Dares in there.

Blog Entry of the Year

Which entry did you enjoy reading the most this year? If you found an extremely enjoyable blog entry that you followed you can vote for it here. In order for a post to qualify for this blog, it has to be a single entry. If it is an entry in multiple parts, you will have to select your favourite part of the entry for it to be counted as a nominee.

Best Advertisement

There are hundreds of adverts posted in the Master/Slave section each month, but every now and then - there are some perfect gems that attract all the right users. In one of the most spam-prone forums, these gems are worth reading and looking out for, and now we want to honour those with a category of their own!

The Community Spirit Award
Being a Getdare moderator must be extremely hard, having to keep watch of everything, coming up with new and innovative ideas. This award recognizes those users who go out of their way to help with the moderation of the site, reporting underage users and spam, trying to deflect fights and helping to improve the general quality of the site for everyone involved.

Picture Pride Award

Perhaps my favourite award of the year, this award is for those who are not too afraid to bare all in front of a lens and allows the users of Getdare to experience them in all their glory. Getdare is full of imagery that you have to imagine and think about, these picture hounds provide that visual imagery for us to enjoy. Who can you always count on to post photo proof of their dares? Who takes the best dare photos?

Highlight of the Year

For the last award, we are going to look at the Highlight of the Year for you on getDare. What moment or thing made you enjoy your membership on this forum? What changed the way you look at the site for the better? When you look back on Getdare in the future, what moment from 2018 will stand out for you?

What do you want the most from Getdare in 2019?

Not really an award, but we do want to know. There are lots of things that are going to be happening around Getdare in the coming weeks. I've got many plans to reinvigorate this site, and with the new fresh breath breathed into Kinktalk, the same can and will happen to Getdare in the new future. We want you to be a part of that journey too. All together, we can make this forum ours and we can make it a better place, so what do you want from us?

Rules for this End of Year Awards:
  1. No Insulting my awful graphics that I made in 2 minutes
  2. All Getdare normal forum rules apply.
  3. Only nominations submitted through the Google Forms will apply.
  4. No begging or forcing (includes dares) users to vote for you
  5. No bribes
  6. The results are final, this is a bit of fun - we do not want to have a repeat of Kanye West and Taylor Swift
  7. No Kanye Westing the awards show.

The google form is officially open and we look forward to receiving your nominees. Butterfly and I will both be able to see what and who you nominate, but neither of us will be able to see who you are. These votes are completely anonymous and will remain so (however, all nominees will be announced once we have narrowed down our top 10 lists). Good luck to everyone and remember, let's have fun with this shall we?

Make your nominations now by clicking here.

Butterfly
Getdare Moderator

Theodares
Getdare User

19/M/Owned Switch
If you really want a dare from me,
check out my Dare Factory!

Likes: Pet Play, BDSM, Mild Pain, Humiliation, Age Play, Degrading, Contests, Spankings
Dislikes: Line Writing, Messy, Long Dares, Toothpaste, Edging, Hypno
Limits: Family, Extremely Messy, Shit, Needles

"PM me 'FACEBOOK', and if I get ten of these a day - I will send whoever sent me the 10th PM the link to my facebook account"

Last edited by Butterfly; 01-01-2019 at 06:22 PM.
TheoDares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 06:46 AM   #2
Pariahterror
Prodigy

This is a great initiative, should look into some candidates soon.

Likes: Denial / Spanking / Petplay / body writing / Sensory Deprivation / Crossdressing / Hidden public / Hypnosis
Neutral: Diapers / Messy / Cornertime / Bladder control / Pee / pictures
Curious: Humiliation / Self-bondage / hidden public outing
Dislikes: Linewriting
Limits: Permanent / Family / Face / Video/Cam / Illegal
For more: Likes / toys

PM dares

Progress of 1000 thread

KIK: Pariahterror

Pariahterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:06 PM   #3
Matt:
getDare Cultist (Inner Circle)

oh, I will have to have a think who I could nominate for these!

Current Rule - I have to do all picture requests by females and I must show my full face

Sam, forever in my heart, I will always miss you <3
Matt: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:45 PM   #4
TheoDares
Account Banned

Quite a few days left - make sure you tell your friends!

19/M/Owned Switch

Likes: Pet Play, BDSM, Mild Pain, Humiliation, Age Play, Degrading, Contests, Spankings

"PM me 'FACEBOOK', and if I get ten of these a day - I will send whoever sent me the 10th PM the link to my facebook account"
Old 01-06-2019, 06:11 AM   #5
TheoDares
Account Banned

Five Days Left until we close the nomination's. Who do you think deserves one of these awards? Tell us now!

19/M/Owned Switch

Old 01-06-2019, 01:19 PM   #6
Sam~
Truth Freak

Assuming it would be okay just to nominate for some of the awards? Just that I've not been active enough to think of people for all of them.
Sam~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 01:24 PM   #7
TheoDares
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam~ View Post
Assuming it would be okay just to nominate for some of the awards? Just that I've not been active enough to think of people for all of them.
Absolutely fine, I myself could not find a strong enough nominee for some of the awards, as have others. Not all sections on the form are compulsory, in fact - none of them are!

19/M/Owned Switch

Old 01-06-2019, 01:52 PM   #8
IceMaiden
Truth or Dare Zealot

Can we nominate more than one person per category?
Get a rule from me here.

NOTlooking for a dom/sub or to play a game, exchange dares, pictures etc!
IceMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 02:40 PM   #9
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMaiden View Post
Can we nominate more than one person per category?
Yep. Just post them in separate entries on the form

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 09:14 PM   #10
Jaro
A filthy maggot anal whore

I only now noticed this. I will try to think of some names.

Worm owned by
Princess Butterfly

Likes & LimitsToysAMA

Check out my truths and dares here

Jaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 03:45 PM   #11
TheoDares
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaro View Post
I only now noticed this. I will try to think of some names.
Awesome; I look forward to it!

19/M/Owned Switch

Old 01-11-2019, 03:06 PM   #12
Sam~
Truth Freak

I entered a few nominations .... just in time!

Last edited by Sam~; 01-11-2019 at 03:09 PM.
Sam~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk