Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Request TORD Online

Old 05-21-2010, 08:42 PM   #1
curdares
Distinguished Member

Default How to get higher quality dares when you ask

Asking for dares and not receiving any replies?
Wishing the dares you got are more to your liking?

Your wish is our command, but we can't read your mind. I tend to skip the dare requests by those who don't bother to give enough information. If you are in a hurry to do dares right away, ask for quick dares. I tend to spend some time coming up with something at least somewhat unique, though not always. I can't always do this on the fly and usually let my subconscious work on it for a bit.

Subject Line:
You are requesting dares, let your subject reflect that. Give your age, and your sex as well. The minimum information should be something like:
Dares requested 21/f

Even better would be: Pubic dares requested 21/f, or Humiliation dares 25m

Post Message:
The more information you give us, the better your dares will be.

The Message:
  • Again, the more information you give us, the better your dares will be.
  • What are your likes.
  • Give us your hard limits and soft limits (hard limits are what you will not do, soft are what you may do, but it will take some convincing, or done as a punishment).
  • Likes and Limits, your age and sex should be in your signature. Don’t assume your name will tell us whether you are male or female. Not even including differences in languages, some males choose female names, and vice versa.
  • Any fears you have that you want us to use in the dares?
  • Tell us what toys you have available.
  • What is the most daring thing you have done that includes your likes (this will let us know what level of experience you have. For example, if you want to do public nudity dares, and you have never been outside naked, we won’t really be able to tell you to spend an hour outside naked. You need to build up to it).

Post Icon:
Before you click submit new thread, select the Post Icon of your sex. You do know which is male and which is female right?

After You Finish The Dare:
Tell us what happened. Give details. How did you feel? Was it challenging? Your feedback is our reward for giving you the dare. Be generous with it, and you'll get even better dares in the future.

If you have anything more to add to this post, please reply to it. I will keep it updated so all the info is in the first message. At least, I’ll do this for awhile and what I think you said is important.

And the replier says "blah blah blah"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvia84 View Post
That, dear curdares, was an ADVENTURE.. not a dare....

Last edited by curdares; 05-21-2010 at 09:50 PM.
curdares is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 64 users say Thank You to curdares for this post:
Old 05-22-2010, 02:43 AM   #2
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Brilliantly written post, nice one
Slenderman - Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:16 AM   #3
Sunset
Account Banned

Can a mod sticky this? Great info! =))

I usually do bladder control and edging dares
Sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:15 PM   #4
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
Brilliantly written post, nice one
I do agree, lets hope we get less "DARE ME NOW ME WANT DARE" threads cropping up.

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:38 PM   #5
curdares
Distinguished Member

Woah.. I didn't expect to see one of my posts as a sticky!

Now I feel obligated to keep it updated like I said I would....

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvia84 View Post
That, dear curdares, was an ADVENTURE.. not a dare....
curdares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:37 AM   #6
linearizationcannon
Account Banned

I have one more thing to add to the list: don't make the dare write itself. If you already know pretty much exactly what you want to do, don't bother trying to get people to dare you to do it. Dare-givers like to have some creative liscence

People who flake or don't write detailed dare reports piss me off
linearizationcannon is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to linearizationcannon for this post:
Old 02-15-2012, 09:35 PM   #7
writhe

Default Thanks, and a question

Thanks very much for this advice--from a newbie, it's well-taken.

A question, though: going through the various posts and dares, I seem to be noticing a lot of ageism on the site: basically the more one gets past 30 years old, it seems, the less chance a posting or request for a dare will get much in the way of responses. Though this is the case with women to a degree as well, it seems even more the case with men.

It's strange, in our culture (and especially in a venue like this, that would seem to be about gaining greater sexual freedom and acceptance), that there should be that kind of ageism going around, especially since a 40-yea-old guy can be every bit as vigorous and fit as a 29-year-old, while it's also certainly possible that a 21 year old guy can still wind up being overweight and smarmy. So why, in this sort of venue, does it seem that dudes past their twenties are de facto excluded from the game?

Likes: Edging, bondage, mild cbt, vivid imagery and imagination; somewhat bi-curious

Dislikes: Anything illegal or involving family, extreme pain, or human waste.

Toys and things: Not much right now save household items (belts, scarves, etc.), lube, and willing hands. Working on obtaining more.

Lingerie: Male thongs, female thong (pink silk), tight items (like bicycle/spandex shorts)
writhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:27 AM   #8
goodgamedarer2

Female

Hi,
No wonder why I am not getting many replies when I posted my thread about wanting dares!!!

Not sure : peeing over self, licking, kissing, naked, light pain

Limits: family, public, car, extreme pain, permanant, cam/wed cam, photos

goodgamedarer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:19 AM   #9
comicslave
Distinguished Member

Send a message via Yahoo to comicslave

All that is good but if you really want good or many dares be a girl otherwise you wont get many or any even with good info and so on.
comicslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #10
Sharp Shooter
getDare Succubus

Send a message via Yahoo to Sharp Shooter

I want to repeat something in the original post:

If you want to receive quality dares in the future, write a worthwhile, interesting report about previous dares, and do both the dare and the report in a timely manner.

The only satisfaction a dare writer gets is the feedback from one who has completed a dare. Writers like to know about problems, how the "victim" felt during and after, how the "victim" reacted to different elements of the dare, and what options or alternate suggestions would make the dare better.

NEVER ASK FOR OR ACCEPT A DANGEROUS DARE. That includes the use of certain chemicals. ("No, supergluing the penis to the stomach is neither safe nor going to get undone without losing some skin.") Neither is wearing any gag that obstructs the airway, even partially, for long dares that are not supervised by a safety person.

If as a viewer you see a post with a dangerous element, report it to the GD moderators and say why. This may save a newbie (or an everyday idiot) from a catastrophic appearance in the evening news. David Carradine comes to mind...

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Ask Me Anything

Mature, dominant Male in search of a very special woman for a very unique journey.
See my GD ad for more information.
Sharp Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 07:07 PM   #11
linearizationcannon
Account Banned

Also, don't say you'll PM your write-ups to the dare-giver. Post them right on the thread. It helps give better dares and doesn't leave the niggling suspicion that you aren't really intending on ever sending out those PMs.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:03 PM   #12
linearizationcannon
Account Banned

"humiliating" is a useless word. It conveys no meaning in the the getdare community because different people are humiliated by different things.

So don't ask for humiliating dares.

Old 02-25-2015, 11:31 AM   #13
slaveboy32
Distinguished Member

Try as hard as you can to be a female
Old 06-16-2016, 02:12 AM   #14
Jaro
A filthy maggot anal whore

Not much comments in this for a while now but I'd like to give my unvarnished opinion as well.

Like some have said already and what I've noticed myself. The only way to get many and better dares is indeed just being a girl. It kind of sucks to be a guy here, or any social network for that matter. Especially if you're a straight 30+ guy. I posted in a couple of threads to be a sub and put op a few requests myself as well asking for dares or punishments. Very little, if anything, in the way of responses.

The only dares I really get are some of my own PM dares, and often only as a reply when I've given out one myself.

But I guess I'll just accept this fact and have fun giving out dares to others which is much easier to do. Or maybe get rid of my penis some day I guess.

Worm owned by
Princess Butterfly

Likes & LimitsToysAMA

Check out my truths and dares here

Jaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 01:29 AM   #15
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Not much to add on what was said in the original post but I wanted to add a bit on the comments about males vs. females regarding the amount of replies to threads.

No I'm not going to dispute the fact that if you're female you're going to get more replies. That's a given considering that there are more heterosexual (or bi) males on here than females. That's simply what the odds are.

However, I have seen some guys get good replies in the past, and some who did almost as many as females. In those particular cases, the trend I noticed was that these members were people who had been active on here for quite some time and interacted well with the community. So while a female newbie may get attention right away just based on gender the trend is simply that if a female gets lots of replies but does not give good follow ups then the attention on her future posts will decrease. While it's the opposite for guys: the first few posts may get less attention than they wished for but good follow ups and reports, being active and fun in general is likely to pay off eventually.

Another thing to consider is that some of us females are a little hesitant to give dares to guys. Myself I don't give them to people I don't know anymore due to the fact that when I did, way too often I would get numerous "propositions" from HNGs wanting to be my slave... It sucks and often times not the thread's original poster's fault but that's how it is.

So... yes, it is uneven but also not entirely impossible to get good responses to threads for guys in TorD. It just unfortunately requires more patience than for girls.
SubMissChievous is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk