Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge > Lounge Games

Old 09-16-2018, 02:05 AM   #1
Joan Sky
Distinguished Member

Default Tell us something INTERESTING about yourself

Yeah, this was long overdue. People sometimes post things about themselves in the 'extremely uninteresting' thread... And oftentimes funny uninteresting things as well.

Just like the title says, post something interesting about yourself.

This way we get to know each other better and learn some interesting and cool things about each other.

I'll start.

I don't like spiders like most people. Most people react scared, grossed out, or want to smush it. I'm guilty of that too still.

I've been bitten by a house spider once around my eye while I was sleeping four years ago. That was not pleasant. It looked like I had pink eye a little for a week (just by the surrounding swelling which was a little, but that's more than enough) and it had a lingering pain from the bite.

I had to put concealer on it for a several days to look normal while I was working.

At that time, I was working at a State Park making reservations for cabins, campgrounds, informing about the trails etc. One of the many interesting jobs I have had, but that's another story.

Anyway, that's the only time I have been bitten by one so far. I hope I don't again.

But there are only one kind of spider I have always liked in a way.

Ever since I saw Home Alone and saw Buzz's tarantula, and also later when I saw a book about them and a beautiful (but deadly after reading what kind it was and researching it) one on a book cover, I liked them.

I don't know why. They just remind me of fuzzy mammals even though they aren't (that's not hair). I want a tarantula stuffie now, lol (that kinda creeps me out too, but I have mixed feelings about it just like in real life with them like it, yet somewhat scared)

And I wanted to own one at least once one day. Not more than times than that, lol

So I don't know how long it's been. Maybe four months...

I got a pink toe tarantula from a pet vendor. They are black but have pink toes and silky hair. I don't like every spider I see at the shops, but I liked him. He had just molted and looked extra pretty. But I think he just does, because he still is now.

I like looking at animals and seeing the ones with extra personality than normal, or that just call out to you and give you that little tug in your heart.

Sometimes you can't always get them though, so you treasure that moment with them and move forward.

Yeah, my best friend allowed me to keep him in our place, lol but she was scared. She still is, but warmed up to him because she asks me how he is from time to time. She rarely looks at him though. It creeps her out to.

She has frilled dragons and loves reptiles (and got me to like them a lot too) but is scared of tarantulas more than I am, lol

I have a tall critter aquarium that locks shut. I also make sure to feed and water him (and clean his entire home when it is much needed) in a way to make sure he doesn't get out. He's an arboreal type of spider and CAN walk up anything, walk fast, and hop (but USUALLY just walk slow and relaxes, that's all I have seen, I try to be careful not to find out). I got a little more comfortable after going through that a few times. I was scared though. Still am a tiny bit each time, but I've learned some .

I named him Harry.

I hope he's not a girl, lol
then it's short for Harrietta.

I dunno, I just feel he's a boy. Or I would have called her Charlotte

I'll add a pic sometime and post here.

Sorry for the long post to start off. I'll sum it up in the next post to get everyone started

Last edited by Joan Sky; 09-16-2018 at 07:41 AM.
Joan Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:09 AM   #2
Joan Sky
Distinguished Member

I'm Joanna, and I have a pet tarantula named Harry ( ~ hairy).

(Long version above)
Old 09-16-2018, 05:04 AM   #3
Runesmith
Stranger with candy

I have eaten deep fried tarantulas. They taste a bit like soft-shell crab, but with a weird insect after-taste. You can try them in Myanmar, or Thailand (they sell them at the street food carts along Khao San road in Bangkok).
To play with me, you must be able to prove your gender.

Runesmith's Forgiveness thread - you're gonna need this

My stories:
Non-consensual Roleplay With a Stranger
The Cabin in The Woods
The Shanghai Girl
Palace on The Beach

My poems (yeah, poems):
The Winter
Runesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 06:47 AM   #4
Joan Sky
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan Sky View Post
I'm Joanna, and I have a pet tarantula named Harry ( ~ hairy).

(Long version above)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runesmith View Post
I have eaten deep fried tarantulas. They taste a bit like soft-shell crab, but with a weird insect after-taste. You can try them in Myanmar, or Thailand (they sell them at the street food carts along Khao San road in Bangkok).
At least you have a diverse taste palate like me. Even though I haven't tried that, lol

Meanie

I'm siccing Harry's relatives on you

Anyway...

I chanced upon a rare sale yesterday and bought a stereoscope (among other things) and fourteen stereographs (double photographs used in stereoscope) one of them being this print of the famous inventor Thomas Edison.

Old 09-16-2018, 09:31 AM   #5
Wolf007
Account Banned

Luckily it doesn't have to be EXTREMELY interesting.

To continue in the animal-meat department, i own quite a few mammals and non-mammals: two dogs, a rabbit, a horse and a few chickens.

None of these animals were harmed during the typing of this message.

________________;-)__________________

Bye folks! And thanks for your cooperation!

End of transmission - Wolf out

Wolf007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 10:21 PM   #6
Joan Sky
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf007 View Post
Luckily it doesn't have to be EXTREMELY interesting.

To continue in the animal-meat department, i own quite a few mammals and non-mammals: two dogs, a rabbit, a horse and a few chickens.

None of these animals were harmed during the typing of this message.
I live in a house with my best friend. I'm only going to talk about the pets I have.

4 bettas, 2 African Clawed frogs, 2 bullfrog tadpoles, 1 pinktoe tarantula, and a female German Shepherd.

1 betta and all the frogs were given to me, I didn't ask for them...

At least all of them are hardy animals. They aren't too much of a fuss (except my dog is a bit of a princess just how she has always been)

Last edited by Joan Sky; 09-18-2018 at 10:30 PM.
Old 09-23-2018, 03:42 AM   #7
Runesmith
Stranger with candy

Last night I baked Sea Bass (Dorade) with a special spice mix that I put together and it was awesome. My dinner guests were recommending I open a restaurant. I declined on the grounds that Stuttgart Backed Dorade doesn't have the same ring as KFC.

My stories:
The Cabin in The Woods
The Shanghai Girl
Palace on The Beach

My poems (yeah, poems):
The Winter
Old 09-26-2018, 01:02 AM   #8
Joan Sky
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runesmith View Post
Last night I baked Sea Bass (Dorade) with a special spice mix that I put together and it was awesome. My dinner guests were recommending I open a restaurant. I declined on the grounds that Stuttgart Backed Dorade doesn't have the same ring as KFC.
I am a good cook and baker as well...

Lol, cut the excuses Rune. You and I both know one of us could come up with a catchy name for it

We're writers, it's what we do
Old 09-29-2018, 09:04 PM   #9
Joan Sky
Distinguished Member

I actually own a quill and ink. It was gifted to me along with a black hardcover journal from my Secret Santa at work last Christmas

and

I love fountain pens.
Old 09-29-2018, 10:17 PM   #10
Runesmith
Stranger with candy

I used to be good at calligraphy. But I haven't touched a calligraphy pen in decades.

My stories:
The Cabin in The Woods
The Shanghai Girl
Palace on The Beach

My poems (yeah, poems):
The Winter
Old 10-01-2018, 04:18 PM   #11
Joan Sky
Distinguished Member

I just bought a five shelf bookcase for my growing book collection yesterday. That makes it two bookshelves in my room now.

And I have air plants.

Last edited by Joan Sky; 10-01-2018 at 04:26 PM.
Old 10-02-2018, 03:34 PM   #12
Sarge90
getDare Sweetheart

I found this thread while bored as hell and couldn't sleep last night and was reminded of it today when I suddenly remembered something remarkably interesting (to me, anyway)...

I have a pound note in my wallet, my mother always kept one when they were taken out of circulation, she eventually lost it but I've replaced hers and got one for myself and one for my dad...

Magic always comes with a price....

Sarge90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 09:43 AM   #13
Runesmith
Stranger with candy

I just got back from a country where they keep the bad old internet at bay with a great wall. The food is awesome though.

My stories:
The Cabin in The Woods
The Shanghai Girl
Palace on The Beach

My poems (yeah, poems):
The Winter
Old 10-10-2018, 04:09 AM   #14
DianaAu

I don't know if it's interesting but here it goes.

I can't spell letter "L". I know the technicque, I know what I'm supposed to do, but when I try I get a bit crooked smile and sound goes sideway. It sounds silly, hard to describe.

When I was smaller I was extremely self conscious about that, and avoided words containing letter "L" (easier in my native language). So, you can guess, I was a slow speaker, can't imagine how many people thought that I'm a bit slow in general.

Now I understand that most people don't pick up on that, but when they do they never hear me the same.

Likes - light pain, watersports, anal, tasks, occasional CD, light public, submission, chatting, spanking
Interested - CBT, food play, video-live-chat room experiance, long term, humiliation, cum play, light scat

Limits - family & friends, blood, illegal, permanent, social suicide, diapers, extreme pain.

PM DARES

KIK: SiDiBA94
DianaAu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:22 AM   #15
Runesmith
Stranger with candy

This weekend I plan to cook my famous spaghetti in parmesan and truffle, followed by grilled golden sea bass in a salt crust.

Pasta la vista, baby!

My stories:
The Cabin in The Woods
The Shanghai Girl
Palace on The Beach

My poems (yeah, poems):
The Winter

Advertisements
Kink Talk