Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 06-18-2016, 05:32 AM   #61
thewilds
Distinguished Member

I will start off with an abbreviated review on this story.

It was well written. It held me from start to finish. I have, and will continue to read other works from this author.

The challenge I had well reading this story was constantly having to suspend all common sense and any notion that any part of it might actually have taken place in any school environment. Personally, I wish the setting for most of the scenes were outside and away from a school setting as the absurdity that any of this was possible within the confines of any school anywhere.

What kept me reading and looking forward to the next chapter was the "what could happen to her next?". My preference would be to have kept the characters the same but transported her degradation (apart from some less obvious hidden humiliation at the school).

If you haven't read the story and the idea of a person getting caught in the act and having to degrade and humiliate themselves in full view of her workplace in unbelievable ways, then this story is one for you. It will feed on those high school fantasies of someone who had a hot teacher and perhaps bombed a test and was looking for some malicious payback!

Enjoy the story. I did, for all the wrong reasons!
thewilds is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to thewilds for this post:
Old 06-20-2016, 06:19 PM   #62
The Slutty Princess

Review of Teacher Training by subby999uk

I agree with a few points made my thewilds. If you are a fan of blackmail, forced submission, and degradation, then the story is great. I, on the other hand, did not care for the entire plot and setting of the story. I did not like the background and characterization of Kate. I think it would have been better if they made Kate appear as an innocent young virgin teacher that made a simple mistake by posting on the internet that she would soon regret. Instead, she was a mature teacher, already settling down in life with two kids and a husband (which happens to fall apart in the end). I feel like this would have helped Kate's character as well. Within days, she submits her two younger students with little to no resistance. Her being a mother and a wife, I thought she would have put up more of a fight, therefore, it would have made more sense to make her seem like a young, innocent teacher still trying to discover what lies ahead of her in life. It would have made it more plausible for her to submit to Jade and Scott. If I was a mother and wife and I was blackmailed, I wouldn't give in so easily while Kate's character seemed to be the opposite. Willingly, she gave her life away, her husband away, and arguably her children away in a matter of months.

Another small complaint I didn't care for would be the setting of the story. It seemed like it bounced around a lot. Subby999uk had said it took place at a University but it certainly didn't have that feel to it. The story seemed to be written in a high school setting but with 19-20-year-old students. Having a Principal, speaking about history degrees, walking past a middle school, small classes and classrooms, etc all gave it a small high school feeling to the story, making the story a little more confusing and less realistic. Again, as mentioned by thewilds, the story didn't appeal to me due to the fact that it was just too unrealistic and it all seemed to transform so fast. Kate went from a wife and mother to a submissive to her own students. It is just hard to comprehend. As for the ending, it left me with a few questions, maybe because I think about the small details too much. Kate accepted the platinum necklace as a token for her new submissive lifestyle, meaning Kate will now submit to Scott and Jade for longer than the year that she had planned. What will happen with her kids? Scott and Jade are only 18-20-year-old students, they still have college to attend. Jade only had the house to herself due to the fact her parents were gone for a few months. Will Kate stay at her parents house when Jade's parents return? How will they continue to torment her? I would have liked to see a better ending. (Not saying it was bad, just thought it could have been better) Kate could have received Scott's cock as she had craved, maybe getting an orgasm from it. Another alternate ending I would have liked would have been Kate still fighting her submission until the end and finally getting revenge on Jade, Scott, and Candice in some form. Spelling and grammar were an obvious problem in the beginning but they were approved upon towards the end of the story. My only suggestion would have been to italicize Kate's thoughts in the story, it would have made it more apparent that they were just thoughts swimming through her mind.

Well, enough of my complaints, each story has their own but it makes them unique. Cons are easier to spot than pros in stories. I just need to remind myself this is just an erotic fantasy, it wasn't meant to be realistic but I thought the other did the best he could at keeping it from extending too far into the fantasy world. It certainly was a well-written story. Each chapter presented a new dilemma that captivated my attention and kept me reading. Just wasn't my cup of tea but it kept me wet as I read the humiliation kate went through. I would certainly read a sequel!

Love,
Lia

I do not have a Master nor do I want one.

I'm a blogger! Follow my life through my blog! I blog about sex, dares, advice, and life events!

My Blog

7/8/16 <3

"Everyone comes with scars but you can love them away!"
The Slutty Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to The Slutty Princess for this post:
Old 06-22-2016, 05:45 PM   #63
sarahsarah
getDare Sweetheart

Review of Teacher Training by Subby999uk
Spoilers ahead

Unfortunately I'm probably not the best reviewer of this story as I come from a somewhat biased stand point. After all, this is the story which made me wish to collaborate with subby999uk on a story. However, I will try to point out why this was the case and what in this story caused that.

I do take on board the points from my fellow reviewers and agree that the scenario is a bit far-fetched, but I feel this is the case for a large amount of erotica stories, especially when including public degradation and humiliation. Take my story of 'Sorority Sisters by Blood' for example, which revolves around finding ten willing girls each year to join a lesbian group and embrace the sexual aspects almost instantly. Often with stories like these, it needs to go beyond the realms of probability.

I also believe at some point the author stated he did wish that he hadn't included the children in the story, and I do agree that it made Kate's decisions more unbelievable. I also agree that a younger Kate would have suited the theme better as well. The ending is contrived and a little out of the blue but we do see Kate's gradual acceptance throughout, particularly of Scott. With a story like this, it is difficult to reach and end, and although I would have liked to see resistance or fight, it would become an entirely new story. As for the school vs university aspect, I can see the issue and it is hard to get around. I myself have wanted to set a story in a school setting as well but most readers and writers also do not want the characters or even just background people to be underage. This creates the conundrum which is difficult to negotiate. The school setting is fun but unrealistic and maybe toned down degradation at the school would help, but I feel it would also take away from the story simultaneously.

I was not a massive fan of the inclusion of the principle as a side character and mostly as an excuse for Kate not being fired. I think I would have preferred another way and it did take Candice out of the story, and I found that character very intriguing and would like to have seen more.

As Lia pointed out, it is far easier to point out negatives, and I'm now going to move entirely away from them. Like I said above, this is the story which made me want to write with this author. The reasons for which are the following.

Firstly, and perhaps most importantly is the vision of the author. To create new scenarios and characters which make sense, are intriguing, you want to read about and are innovative is not an easy thing to do. This story goes through scenarios and plot points with somewhat ease and they don't feel too disjointed. It is very easy in humiliation and slavery stories to just go from task to task with no connection and this story doesn't do that. It keeps a steady flow throughout chapters.

Secondly, the detail. The author goes into great but not too much detail in the scenes. It allows you to feel as if you are watching it play out, and actually see the characters. My first story lacked the detail I'm now accustomed to including in my writing, and I feel reading this and working with Subby allowed me to make that jump. The story is very well written and keeps the readers attention.

Thirdly, the erotic aspects. Writing a scene and making the most simple things sexy, interesting and fun to read is difficult. To give the details and keep a reader on edge on something as simple as oral, the insertion of a butt plug or clothing choices is a skill. It is a skill this author possesses and I think I learned from him. Without this it becomes easy to write a line such as 'She inserted the butt plug fully,' which isn't intriguing, erotic or interesting and leads to things becoming quickly out of hand. Like Lia stated, despite it not being her cup of tea, it kept her wet through the scenes. Consider that from the point of view of someone like me, where the scenes and genre of humiliation and a balance between forced and willing, it has an effect.

Fourth, the characters. This point is a little bit mixed. Like I said, I agree that I think Kate should have been younger and without kids. However, her emotions and descent into slavery were intriguing. I could feel her feelings and understand some of the dilemma. The two students were described and experienced from a very one sided view. We see Scott as somewhat caring and Jade as a near total bitch for the majority. However, the majority is all Kate's view point, and her fascination with Scott blurs both people. I also mentioned that the Candice character intrigued me and I would have liked to know more about her.

Like I said, I am partly biased but I do hope I have given a somewhat balanced argument and explained my viewpoint well. I do hope Subby999uk continues to write as he does have a talent for it and I know I thoroughly enjoyed working with him and feel I grew as a writer in the process. I may have enjoyed this story more than most, but I know, I wouldn't be the writer I am without it.

Sorority Sisters by Blood -- Complete
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=251666
Reclamation -- Sequel Ongoing

http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=263455

Lien's Lesbian Submission -- Ongoing Spinoff
https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=342269

Binding Connections -- Complete
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=232216

Strapon contest with consequences -- Unfinished
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=105594

sarahsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 users say Thank You to sarahsarah for this post:
Old 06-22-2016, 10:59 PM   #64
thewilds
Distinguished Member

Thanks to those who posted. I hope my review did not come across too harshly. As I said, and will clarify, I read every word of every chapter. The writing compelled me to follow it through to completion. I liked it for many kinky reasons.

It was truly the setting that put me off, and because of the setting, there were many liberties taken that suspended reality. A bit much for my taste. I'm with Lia in that along the way, I had hoped for Kate to win back control. I'm a sucker for happy endings. But, the author built the humiliation and degradation as the focus of the story. In that he certainly delivered.

The story may have had some shortcomings, but it is still worth reading, as are other works!
Old 06-26-2016, 07:36 AM   #65
LitDarkness
Truth or Dare Zealot

Contains Spoilers

Honestly, even though it likes the degradation aspect this story has, it has a good bit of issues with the story.

First, it couldn't tell if this story was at a university or high school. Yeah, it said it took place at a university but walking past a middle school. That feels like a high school. It kept going back to look at the setting because to be honest, it really confused it a couple of times and it thought it was reading a different story.

The blackmail isn't really very realistic, having two children and a husband. It would've fought a lot more. She seemed to give in almost immediately.

She was hardly home with her children, which definitely should've been included more. The children surely would notice something different. Yeah, she got a break on weekends but, still, children will wonder where their parents are.

And why did it not concern her parents? Even though they do spoil the children which was stated in the story, wouldn't they be worried about children with a basically absent parent?

How was she able to check her phone almost always, especially at the presentation? She surely had to do daily every day things that need to be done too.

She really shouldn't have been able to do that.No one can always check their phone immediately.

Even her leaving felt very false. With two children, it is sure you would need a lot more convincing to leave than just unsatisfactory sexual satisfaction and constant drinking.

She seems happy after a point but it doubts anybody is happy when something is non-consensually forced on them. Maybe she liked the action but for a conservative teacher, this was unbelievable.

And she develops a attraction towards Scott, wnich is, okay it gets attraction chooses what it does and is out of your control. But, it is surprising she didn't fight it back more and deny it a lot more. Especially after the blackmail.

As for the slave collar at the end. The ending was majorly disappointing, she took it but, again, she was forced into that by them. So even though, she liked it, it feels she would've said no and found someone else.

Her conflicting feels are accurate as she is serving students and has children and a husband (well, for part of the story.) And she is doing things she never done before.

It also likes how her frustration builds (from horniness and the degradation). This is realistic and it was taken slowly which worked well with the story.

It is easier to focus on the negative, yes, but it does feel the negative overrule the positive.

30/1,603 edges+ 2 more days of denial after edges
Make My Denial Harder
Denial Diary
6,000th post tasks and reports

Likes + Limits
Stuff I Can Use for Dares
BDSM Test Results
PM DARES
Stories & Poems

Spelling or Grammar Mistake: Let Me Know
Help Break My Cursing Habit

Live with people and do not own toys. Keep in mind when daring me please.

Not your bitch and calling me names or trying to Dom me is probitted. Violators will be declared as idiots.

Last edited by LitDarkness; 06-26-2016 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Punctuation
LitDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to LitDarkness for this post:
Old 06-26-2016, 04:38 PM   #66
sarahsarah
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKidWithSkills View Post
Contains Spoilers

Honestly, even though it likes the degradation aspect this story has, it has a good bit of issues with the story.

First, it couldn't tell if this story was at a university or high school. Yeah, it said it took place at a university but walking past a middle school. That feels like a high school. It kept going back to look at the setting because to be honest, it really confused it a couple of times and it thought it was reading a different story.

The blackmail isn't really very realistic, having two children and a husband. It would've fought a lot more. She seemed to give in almost immediately.

She was hardly home with her children, which definitely should've been included more. The children surely would notice something different. Yeah, she got a break on weekends but, still, children will wonder where their parents are.

And why did it not concern her parents. Even though they do spoil the children which was stated in the story, wouldn't they be worried about children with a basically absent parent?

How was she able to check her phone almost always, especially at the presentation? She surely had to do daily every day things that need to be done too.

She really shouldn't have been able to do that.No one can always check their phone immediately.

Even her leaving felt very false. With two children, it is sure you would need a lot more convincing to leave than just unsatisfactory sexual satisfaction and constant drinking.

She seems happy after a point but it doubts anybody is happy when something is non-consensually forced on them. Maybe she liked the action but for a conservative teacher, this was unbelievable.

And she develops a attraction towards Scott, wnich is, okay it gets attraction chooses what it does and is out of your control. But, it is surprising she didn't fight it back more and deny it a lot more. Especially after the blackmail.

As for the slave collar at the end. The ending was majorly disappointing, she took it but, again, she was forced into that by them. So even though, she liked it, it feels she would've said no and found someone else.

Her conflicting feels are accurate as she is serving students and has children and a husband (well, for part of the story.) And she is doing things she never done before.

It also likes how her frustration builds (from horniness and the degradation). This is realistic and it was taken slowly which worked well with the story.

It is easier to focus on the negative, yes, but it does feel the negative overrule the positive.
First of all thank you for the review. I would like to counter a few of your points from the post though.

I do feel that we all agree on the location aspect, but it is hard to have a school environment without underage people which most authors do not want.

As I stated and the author stated, he wished he hadn't included the kids and it was too late to edit them out. Your points 2, 3, 4 and 7 are all because of this issue. It seems like multiple issues from one mistake. I would prefer it to be thought of as the kids shouldn't be in the story and it makes more sense.

The phone thing is also unrealistic but some suspended disbelief can be granted in a story, especially with large amounts of degredation and I'm not sure this had a large impact on the story.

In terms of a story this length, although I agree with most of the points, I feel the points are minor when the majority can be countered by a few quick fixes (No kids, younger teacher, sixth form college/mature students school).

Thank you again for the review though. I hope you continue to do so and not completely agreeing is a good part of a book club.

The following user says Thank You to sarahsarah for this post:
Old 06-27-2016, 08:07 PM   #67
Joan Sky
Distinguished Member

Hello all,
I'm still going to try to turn in my review before the new story announcement on Friday.
I'm happy that more people are reviewing and hope to see more on a regular basis.

It is a privilege to spend time with you all. I truly treasure it.

I must say subby999uk and sarahsarah are both great writers. I love their writing style and talent. Their writings are up there with my favorites short stories of somewhat similar nature, among them being Come, My Pet by Keira Michelle Telford, and Geraldine by Ian McDowell (from Poppy Z. Brite's collected works in the book Love in Vein), and others.

Anyway, she posted another chapter for Reclamation recently.

Sleep well everyone,
~Joan

Last edited by Joan Sky; 06-27-2016 at 08:18 PM.
Joan Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 01:31 AM   #68
subby999uk
Distinguished Member

Send a message via Yahoo to subby999uk

Thank you to everyone who's taken the time to read my story and leave their reviews, it's nice to see it's still getting some interest after all this time. When I started writing it I never imagined it would be the subject of a book review.
The story was only intended to be a bit of fapping material, rather than a serious piece of literature, I enjoy thinking up erotic scenes and scenarios and writing those so it's really just a series of scenes tied together with a bit of dodgy plot in good old porn tradition, I did try doing a bit more plot and character development in this than I've done in my previous stories though.
I know it stretched believability a lot of the time, but it is an erotic fantasy, and as such the scenarios were quite extreme and far fetched, but in my experience the submissive fantasies that people have tend to be more extreme than anything they would ever contemplate or want to actually happen to them in real life, erotic fantasies don't need to be realistic to be arousing, that's what I find anyway, I try and keep things just the right side of being feasible, however unlikely they may be. I think most people looking for stories on a site like getdare are mainly looking for something that's going to turn them on rather than anything else.

There are some things about the story I wasn't happy with, I think this is inevitable though when writing in this format, posting each chapter as it's written rather than writing the story as a whole and then publishing it, there obviously isn't the option to go back and change anything that no longer fits with how the story is developing. The most obvious example of this is her children, which I initially included as a way of increasing how much jeopardy she was in, but ended up just stopping to plot developing without too many people being hurt.

When I started the story I set out to try and write something that had as broad appeal as possible to the getdare audience so I included many of the common themes that getdare users like, humiliation, clothing control, bladder control, teasing, orgasm denial, chastity, writing lines, many of the things that crop up most often in dare requests. This extends to Kate, when I was setting up the character I imagined her to be a typical getdare user in many ways, she had an obvious kinky submissive side that she was exploring online, but she'd had no experience of kink in real life with anyone else, either due to lack of opportunity or her being too scared to pursue it. I also tried to get across how discontented she was with her current situation, being in a loveless marriage to a man who drank too much. I thought these 2 points would make her willingness to go along what was happening to her more plausible. I don't think I managed to get across how conflicted she was about her situation right from the start, I made it sound like her life was being ruined and there was nothing about her situation that was in any way pleasant, that wasn't my intention. If that was really the case then she could have found a way to put a stop to what was happening as people have commented.
I know it's been suggested that it might have been better if she was young and innocent but that would have gone too far into an extreme non consensual scenario that I didn't want to do. I'm really not into writing about people being forced against their will or real blackmail so I tried to get across how aroused she was at the same time as being scared of what could happen, the fear she had was always tinged with excitement though and this only increased as time went on, that was my intention anyway, I don't think that really worked. Everyone has their own preferences though with regards to the type of characters they enjoy most, personally I like scenarios with mature, powerful and self confident women being brought down and degraded and having their lives transformed, but that's a story for another day.

It sounds like the university environment I set it in isn't accurate, I'm in the UK so I'm not really familiar with the US school system, in the UK you typically go to university from 18 to 21 to study for a degree, maybe it's different over there.
Someone commented that it would have been better if her thoughts were italicized as they usually are in fiction, I agree it would, but copying the text into getdare from Word loses the formatting and I'd have had to go though the whole text re-doing the italics which was too much of a pain.
Anyway, thanks for your comments everyone, hopefully I'll have the chance to start working on a new story soon.

Likes: Tease and Denial, Edging, Chastity, Masturbation instructions, Writing fiction

Stories

Looking for a female sub to tease who enjoys masturbation instructions, orgasm control and being denied long and short term
Also looking for naughty girls who need some traditional discipline (spanking, corner time, line writing, etc)
subby999uk is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to subby999uk for this post:
Old 06-28-2016, 05:37 AM   #69
thewilds
Distinguished Member

Thanks for adding to the review Subby. I appreciate the work that you put into this and other stories that you contribute here. I am, and will continue to be a fan of your work.

Don't put the pen away!
Old 07-01-2016, 04:52 PM   #70
sarahsarah
getDare Sweetheart

Sorry everyone. I've been extremely busy.

I will have a look and select a new story on Sunday. If you have any suggestion then let me know by then.

All the best.

Sarah

The following user says Thank You to sarahsarah for this post:
Old 07-02-2016, 01:29 PM   #71
sarahsarah
getDare Sweetheart

Default New book

Hi everyone

I know I said I would post the new story tomorrow but I have been recommended a story by somebody who would rather remain anonymous. It makes my job a hell of a lot easier.

The new story is called Larkspur. I haven't yet read any of the story so have no prior judgement of it. The link is below

https://www.literotica.com/s/larkspur

I look forward to hearing what everybody thinks.

All the best

Sarah

Old 07-02-2016, 03:51 PM   #72
Joan Sky
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsarah View Post
Hi everyone

I know I said I would post the new story tomorrow but I have been recommended a story by somebody who would rather remain anonymous. It makes my job a hell of a lot easier.

The new story is called Larkspur. I haven't yet read any of the story so have no prior judgement of it. The link is below

https://www.literotica.com/s/larkspur

I look forward to hearing what everybody thinks.

All the best

Sarah

Okay, I'll get to reading that then (and the new chapter you just posted for Reclamation).

Here's my
( /7 dun dun duuuun /7 ) ~

Review of Teacher Training: Kate's Degradation by subby999uk

Contains spoilers

Thank you for being an awesome writer subby. I can understand how you have been an inspiration to Sarah and respectively motivated her to become a better writer. Your writing is artistic, and I see that reflected with her too.

I can't remember when I last read so fast (the first half); probably when I was an avid reader in middle school. I was always checking out books in the library, and also from my social studies teacher's class.

I read Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of N.I.M.H. back then in a matter of hours.

I read lots of books around that time ~ Where the Red Fern Grows, The Sign of the Beaver, The Giver, The Midwife's Apprentice, a nicely illustrated Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves (one of the tales of Scherharezade), Encyclopedia Brown: Boy Detective books, a nice illustrated Peter Pan book with a red and gold cover, Charlotte's Web, small yellow Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn books, other illustrated tales such as Thumbelina, The Princess and the Pea, The Prince and the Pauper, The Emperor's New Clothes, David Copperfield, The Jungle Book, Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry, Let the Circle Be Unbroken, The Indian in the Cupboard, The Secret Garden, Great Expectations; The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe; Prince Caspian, The Little Prince, The Alchemist, Sabrina, The Third Twin, The Testament, et cetera.

I really haven't been on a reading spree since then, until The Slutty Princess started this book club.

That, combined with what I sporadically read on my own, reminds me of then ~ when I breathed books and adventure, new worlds and unlimited possibilities, and immersed myself in it.

I could be anywhere, be anything, and have many new interesting friends along with the ones I had in real life.

Your story was a nice page turner. I had to stop after the first half, because of life and also because I wanted to read it as I wished. It wouldn't do the story justice to read it when I wasn't in the mood to be aroused.

During the second half, I had a mixed response.

Sometimes I would read for a while, stop, and pick it back up later in the day. Sometimes I would stop reading for a moment to play with myself because I was so aroused, then continue reading.

ahem *blush*

I don't remember the last time I played with myself so much.

Probably when I just became an adolescent.

*hides for a little*

I liked all your characters.

I don't have a problem with a mature Kate. I am attracted to mature and intelligent people who have an interesting personality and are essentially good-hearted; irrespective of age. That just tends to be people who are older, though not always the case.

I liked how Candice warmed up minutely (aka a miniscule amount), and how she then moved on and continued to be her usual self having fun.

I like how Jade warmed up to Kate gradually and started caring for her even though she allowed few glimpses of it to be apparent; it was definitely there. And she seemed appropriately sadistic.

I think that Scott didn't prefer either girl over the other. I think he liked them both just as much for individual reasons. I think the reason he was so focused on Kate was because she was new to his life, and so he lustfully had the train of thought he did. After a while, it would mellow out and equalize. The dust would settle so to speak, though the emblazoned passion wouldn't simmer, but rather transmute and evolve.

I enjoyed your interspersed humor and descriptions.

I don't think italics for thoughts registered as an issue for me personally. It was barely an an afterthought, and my mind quickly processed the transition effortlessly.

I don't see what's not believable about a middle school just outside the one mile radius of a university. My older brother lives near one in a prominent area. The kids have to go somewhere. Maybe in a metropolitan-esque city they cart their kids off to the suburbs? Uh, no.

Principal. Small potatoes. Yeah, I know he's a Dean, but if we get literal, the definition of principal is 'the person with the highest authority or most important position in an organization, institution, or group'. And the next act is....

I understand you couldn't edit out the kids, and tried your best to make it work despite that, and you did a spectacular job. You mentioned that she was in a loveless marriage with a drunken bum of a husband who had no intentions of finding work and was using her to enable him.

Three weeks of being at home with their couch potato stay-at-home father doesn't seem like it would be an earth shattering traumatization for the kids especially since were so young. At that age they are probably eating their boogers or their foot (literally), or chasing a balloon, barely noticing her absence.

She was home nights and pretty much every weekend. Plus, after that she moved in with her parents, disillusioned to the (dead end) situation, and they took care of their grandkids while she had long hours during the week. Hence, they were surrounded with love all week. And that is a good thing.

When my younger brother was that age, and we were in my father's home country, my Mom was gone for a little stretch of time once. It didn't affect him in the slightest. I'm just a year older than him, and we just continued being carefree playful kids.

I can barely remember things then at too young an age. When she came back, of course I was happy. I'm a Momma's girl at heart through and through. I never thought she wasn't coming back. And when she did, I was happy. Plus, my father, grandparents, and relatives, and family friends were around. And my Dad had a career.

When they divorced when I was four, I remembered that. She moved to my hometown, and took care of three kids on her own for almost seven years until she moved in with my stepfather (who was her friend for two years prior). She had three jobs. My older brother and a babysitter across the street looked after us after school when she was at work.

My babysitter was a single parent across the street. She was deaf woman with a daughter one year older than me who was really responsible for her age. I could lip read what my babysitter was saying and she sounded it out simultaneously also. She was a nice lady who was pretty much a homebody and cooked for us. She babysat other kids as well in beginning, but then it eventually was just my younger brother and I sometimes.

She loved to watch Jeopardy and play the Jeopardy game on Nintendo. Her daughter loved 90210 show, boy bands (New Kids on the Block, etc.), Barbie dolls, and playing outside sometimes with the rest of the kids.

My Mom still provided well for us. There was never a shortage of food in the house. She cooked us delicious home cooked meals often enough as well. Family friends would have gatherings at our house and we at theirs. We participated in major holidays and birthdays. We never felt the presence of her absence, or a shortage of her love. We felt the overflowing abundance of it.

We were happy kids, playing outside, and being carefree.

Climbing trees and fences, swing sets, two-square, Miss Mary Mack, thumb wars, The Cats Cradle string game, rubix cube, magic 8-ball, Chinese finger traps, marbles, spinning tops, Rock Paper Scissors, yo-yo, metal jacks and ball, the disappearing thumb and nose tricks, coin in the ear trick, and other hand games, card games, board games, riddles, Pictionary, Charades, Connect Four, circle crosswords, word games, tic tac toe, hopscotch, jump rope, playground, HORSE basketball game, casual basketball playing, candy lady, ice cream truck, pet rabbit, parakeet, goldfish, cockatiel, vacations, cartoons, videogames, movies, TV, music videos, singing, dancing, bicycle with training wheels, bicycle, roller skates, roller blades, boat riding and fishing a little, swimming, volley ball, beach ball, badminton, field trips, field day, festivals, catching crickets, grasshoppers, caterpillars, butterflies, fireflies, turtles, crawdads, fence lizards, even a bee (lol), horse riding just a little (while alternating vacations in my father's country), cow herds there too (plus chicken, roosters, rabbits in the countryside with some relatives), roller rink, bowling, ice skating, amusement parks... You get the point.

So yeah, that's a plausible, well-written second choice for your story. You hit it out of the park, even with the time limit on editing. You master, you

I wish I had the honor of being collared by a Mistress I love. At least, I can read beautiful stories like yours. And also learn as much as I can within respectful limitations.

Thanks for revitalizing me.

Thank you for sharing your talent.

Keep writing, being an inspiration, and making people happy.

With the warmest regard,
your friend,
~Joanna

Last edited by Joan Sky; 07-03-2016 at 11:53 AM.
The following user says Thank You to Joan Sky for this post:
Old 07-04-2016, 01:31 PM   #73
Joan Sky
Distinguished Member

Review of Larkspur by AnyaWVossand
( https://www.literotica.com/s/larkspur )

Contains Spoilers

This story is my dream come true literally.
It stirred up a lot of emotions within me. I even cried at times, heh

It's kinda like I needed this story.

At the beginning when I read about the two characters I happened to feel self conscious. It's nothing wrong about the story, I just was. When I read about the redheaded girl and the Irish professor I don't have a lot of experience with either in real life. So for just a short time, I was getting acclimated to the story; and I was aware of the color of my skin.

I just was. I look more Asian (mother) or American Indian. My biological father is from the Carribean.

I usually don't think about it or others too. I live a diverse area. It is not common for me to be aware of my skin color because a stranger in public acts a little differently around me. I'm not talking about the guys that think I'm attractive and open the door for me, or smile and are polite in general, but those who make me feel they don't like me and I've only just appeared. The strangers that make me feel like I'm different or like a Martian.

Sometimes when I talk politely, usually just to say excuse me when passing by in the aisle, they lighten up a bit. Sometimes it makes me think they thought I was going to have an accent that they didn't want to bother trying to understand. Or something else. But I guess the outliers in a diverse society have to crop up somewhere. It's funny, because that's what they think of me.

The awareness of my ethnicity faded quickly as I read further. I loved how close and caring they were. How harmonious, loving, and respectful they were. I fell in love with their characters. They were very believable and beautiful to read about. I'm happy everything worked out for them, even the healing of old and fresh wounds. I'm happy their dreams came true, and how attentive and instinctive thery were to each other. I really like Miss Lark and her culture too.

I liked how considerate Miss Lark when she allowed for a rare and temporary 'switch'. It made sure Abby's injury had minimal disturbance, but as a submissive also allowed her to have the rare experience of expressing a rare part of herself. For Miss Lark to allow her to do that speaks volumes. And it was nice to see how open and loving she was.

In a similar vein (but not quite), I have also imagined scenarios before in which a submissive was in a dominant position (and the Dominant in a submissive one) while retaining their essence. So the Dominant would still be dominant in submissive position, and the submissive would still be submissive in the dominant position. It would still be apparent even in silence. The eye contact and touch, the aura... All of it in a relaxed/natural manner ~ even when it gets faster and rough. Can you imagine that?

I really liked all of the characters with the exception of the ex-girlfriend that cheated on her - who couldn't give her the basic respect everyone deserves or love her enough to talk to her before she committed a heinous act. Who didn't make it available to be an open discussion and just thought about herself more than what Abby felt. Who didn't love her enough, and disgraced not only Abby, but herself far more.

They could have talked respectfully and responsibly about what they wanted more ~ an open relationship or separation. If they can't agree, the answer speaks for itself.

It all worked out for Abby anyway, because had she remained oblivious to the situation and not walked into it, they would probably remain in a farce relationship indefinitely. And then she would have missed the miraculous Miss Lark.

I've dreamed of a relationship like that.
Honestly, I've always thought the love of my life would be a woman.

How things turned out so far is that I fell in love with an older man. He initiated the dating. I was apprehensive because even though I'm essentially omnisexual, I heavily lean towards women. I just get attracted to them more often.

So it was unexpected, and I was apprehensive, but we took things slow. Step by step. And our love grew.

It has healed me in some ways I didn't expect. I kind of had a hard time believing I could find a wonderful guy who I would love and would love me and respect me the way I deserved to be.

So it has healed me in that respect, and that underlying feeling with men.
When I was four, I was molested by a former family friend who was staying briefly at my Mom's house while he was trying to reconcile with his wife for whatever reason they were having problems with. He was in his early forties and a retired Navy man. He was there anywhere for a few weeks to a couple months. I don't remember how long. I was young.

I didn't let it affect my childhood. It wasn't readily apparent. I continued to be a happy, carefree child afterwards.

I know all men aren't bad, and I never had anything against them. I still had a lot of guy friends and felt their friendship was more relaxed than with girls in general (if they weren't trying to flirt with me). It's just that my soul had a little scar that I have gotten over already, but the scar still remained. And I was at peace with it, as much as I could be, and it was enough. And then I fell I love with my boyfriend and the scar healed. And I was completely at peace with it, more than I expected. And the scar was redeemed.

He already has kids. They are grown and out of the house, except for one. I'm around a decade older than the oldest.

In a way, I wish I knew what it was like to be a biological mother. I know that's something I may never know so dearly. And I understand that he doesn't want more. It's unrealistic. I'm still trying to do well myself, it wouldn't be responsible of me to bring a life in this world if I wasn't up to par on all fronts necessary. So, I may never know that particular joy, but I am at peace with it. I love his son and treat him as my own child. Besides I'm a little afraid of what childbirth would do to my vagina (kinda joking)

After growing up, I haven't been around a lot of kids even though I love good kids.
Being around his his son, his son's friends, and his two grandkids (his daughter's have a daughter each) every once and a while has healed me too. Mainly from the scar of my stepmother's jealousy and contempt.

My father remarried when I was eight. At the beginning she isolated me from my half brothers and sister and limited my visiting and calls to my family when I spent a high school year there, and treated me disfavorably on my vacations every other summer before. They are triplets. She is a fraternal twin (with brother).

She has since then asked my teenage sister to ask my forgiveness. My Mom thinks that's not as good, but I explained that admitting to your daughter that you've wronged your older sister (before she was old enough to remember) is worse I think. She wanted to get it off her chest after she had a painful accident and a painful recovery to go through. I accepted it, and forgave her. Sure, it bugged me for a long time. Even changed me from a confident, impulsive, outgoing girl (who was slightly shy though you wouldn't have known it) to the opposite. I became more of an introvert. After the school year there, I moved back to the States. I was supposed to spend the rest of high school there, but she wanted me to leave. They were temporarily living at her mother's house in the countryside where family and friends neighbored to help with the kids. They saw how I was being treated the whole time and by the end of my school year started to voice their discontent. My biggest support the whole time was her mother. She is a very spiritual woman. I would spend as much time with her as I could, helping her around the house with cooking and cleaning and keeping her company. She didn't speak much English. I spoke very little of the native language with my step-cousins and their relatives, except for her. When no one else was around, I tried my best to speak to her, practicing and learning, until I was pretty much fluent.

My stepmother felt uncomfortable that the great majority didn't approve of her, so she told my Dad to have me return and they moved back in their house away from the countryside.

At first, I suffered from agoraphobia (heavy anxiety) somewhat. I stayed indoors a lot or just out with family or a few friends. I was self conscious, had an ugly duckling syndrome and layered up like a Victorian, regardless of weather. I was more pale then because I usually was indoors briefly gleaning the sunlight when traveling between buildings. I have a feeling I have an inkling how Emily Dickinson felt like.

I got over it little by little. It took a while. The major change was when I met my best friend. I've never had a best friend before. A person who embodied the true meaning of friendship. A concept that seemed more pure back in the day. She was there for me despite my awkwardness and difficulty; she saw my heart inside. She saw part of who I am and remained by my side. And in return I stayed by hers. Through seven years of difficulty. Seven years that a person my age doesn't usually experience. Instead of working while going to college, I was there for my friend. And I would do it all over again.

Her mother passed away about four months after I moved there. We visited her pretty much every day at the nursing home and brought her food, talked to her, watched TV with her, or just kept her company as she slept and she would wake up and smile at us.

Her older brother would join us on occasion and also be there when we needed a break for a day to not risk being overwhelmed from seeing her in pain or not feeling well at times. She was a sweetheart and loved me in the few months she knew me. She was born in the 20's in the Midwest. She was in her late eighties when she passed. Her family was Sicilian. My best friend is twenty years older than me, but looks and is young at heart and strong and courageous as hell. She's the youngest sibling. A true warrior spirit. I'm more like Gabrielle. Unless I must protect my loved ones, or do what is right. Then I throw that out the window and do my best for them.

That's the first time I saw death so close and personal. She had passed before our next visit and she was laying in bed at the hospice with her eyes open and glazed over. At that moment I was numb out of shock. I didn't know how to respond or deal with it. I just kept quiet and felt bad. It took a while for me to cry afterwards, but I did. And am a little misty now too.

Her father passed away fifteen years prior. He had Alzheimer's near the end and usually only remembered her. I have never met him, only heard the wonderful stories of her childhood. His family was Polish.

After her mother passed, her family house that she had with her parents in the northwest of a major city went into foreclosure. She filed for bankruptcy and sold most of her stuff. It was a struggle living during that time, but we got through.

Then we lived in a mobile park in the middle of a nice city in the suburbs. We had never sunk so low in life. If you knew what we had to repair before we moved in, you would understand. But we got through that, and the unpleasant experience there.

Then one horrible stay at a coworker's basement apartment that involved pests, improper maintenance, and lack of maturity, so we high-tailed it out of there as quick as we could ~ a month later.

We moved into a nice two bedroom upstairs apartment that was part of a large house modified into three apartments. My Turkish neighbor had a nice organic garden in the backyard and nice family. His wife would share native dishes once in a while and he would share part of his harvest. It was in an upscale suburb. The rent and bills were manageable, and it was close to our work. She has a good job, but I had to get better one that had regular overtime to make it work.

I could go on and on on this train. There is more I could talk about, but I won't.

I moved back to my hometown when my Mom's health had added concerns, and I knew I had to come back to give my love and support. I moved back as fast as I could, but also helped my best friend out as much as I could before I left. I would have went sooner, but I wanted her to prepare adequately, because she wouldn't have a another roommate since she has guard dogs. Most people would not take the length of time it takes to deal with that, or even the probable risk. And she generally doesn't like roommates though I was an exception.

She said that she felt like she was home alone when I was there. She meant it as a compliment. Like she could be herself with me just as if she was home by herself. We would be doing our own things, drawing, writing, surfing the web, meditating to music, doing whatever and we would feel comfortable. Sometimes we were quiet for long periods of time, sometimes we were talkative or in between. Whatever we felt like, and we were comfortable.

Suffice it to say she went through more hard times after I left, but I helped her through it all. Sometimes she thinks she needs to attempt to repay my kindness, but she has already. I am no longer what I was. And she was kind to me then. Even when she saw my awkwardness and a little of my ugliness within act out, she knew the truth. That I really wasn't. That I was lost, and that I really felt bad.

Back then she told me how she felt sorry for me. Because she sees how fast my head buzzes, and how sensitive I am, and how much pain I am going through more than she's seen anyone firsthand. And how I live in it, and she doesn't know how someone could be in so much pain. She said that it buzzed faster than everyone else, and that she said wished I could turn it around at put it to better use. And when I did that, it would be amazing.

She has her dream house now, and lives in a nice neighborhood. She is able to make the mortgage and bills and extra for savings and needed expenses. She has her dogs, her reptiles, her own organic garden, and a big yard. I'm so happy for her.

She wouldn't be pursuing her dream as an artist if I hadn't encouraged her. And I am honest in my encouragement.

She's the only one who cares about my dream of writing, though she doesn't push me. That's for me to do anyway, I guess.

Back then she lost a lot, but she gained back more (with the exception of her blessed mother, God bless her soul).

She sold her beloved motorcycle, but she eventually got a newer one that made her dream come true. She always wanted a Harley.

She sold her six or seven electric guitars that were dear to her, but I sent her a beautiful and new shiny black Fender Stratacoustic for Christmas one year. And she bought one more electric guitar with plans to buy more as she wishes within reason.

I don't make a lot, but I manage. I don't overspend, but I'm not afraid to either. I'm moderate.

I'm glad when I can help make a dream come true for someone I love. People usually heal me more than make mine come true, but that is a great blessing too.

And so my dream is to be a writer, and also finish college getting my English degree also. Just because I want to finish it. Even though I don't know what I would do. I can write even now, but that would make me happy too.

I don't have a lot of motivation or encouragement, though I am blessed with those who truly love me. They just happen to be people who love me who are more receptive to affection than imparting it; but I have no doubt. I guess a lot of people are similar, or otherwise.

So yeah, this story is a longtime dream of mine. With the exception that I would rather Miss Lark pick out a ring eventually, instead of Abby having the afterthought that she should have bought two rings for the both of them. But that's just me personally.

But currently, I am in a relationship with a man I love. Honestly, I want to have an open relationship and to be allowed a relationship with a Mistress I love. I wouldn't want him to participate in that relationship, but I would have open communication to both out of respect.

I wouldn't go overboard. I wouldn't want many additional partners unless it was temporary and pleased my Mistress (and if I wished to as well) and if she made sure they were properly screened and was prepared for protective measures. Though I don't envision it happening too often.

I don't think it is easy for a loved one to accept. So if the time ever came where I needed to ask for permission, I would see what he says. I can only hope he accepts, but will honor his choice if he doesn't. I do love him. Sure, I have many dreams, but I am a humble mortal and can only wish for the best. Maybe some of my dreams will be actualized, and some won't. I have no pretenses about it. I do not believe the grass is greener on the other side, I believe it is greener wherever you stand. You tend to it and water it, and it will florish. Don't, and it will shrivel and discolor.

I will stand by him. I will continue to be faithful, respectful, and honorable to him. While I hope my dream may come true, it may not be until I'm much older. By then, it may not be practical, so it may not come to pass. And I want him to have a long healthy life. I truly love him.

I can only be with my gD family in spirit and express my gratitude. I love you all.

I wish to thank the anonymous suggester of this story. It really is what I needed and a Godsend. I didn't expect it, but I am deeply grateful. And thank you for helping others with this story too.

It's funny how a seven page story can encompass a dream, but honestly I'm not totally surprised. Being a writer myself, I've conveyed similar within the smaller confines of a poem. I'm sure a skilled writer can communicate something great no matter the length. Even in one sentence or a word. And it could be life changing.

And lastly, thank you Anya, for writing a beautiful story.
Thanks for motivating me and putting a little fire in my ass, pep in my step.
I will go after my dreams the best I can. I promise.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Love,
~Joanna

Last edited by Joan Sky; 07-05-2016 at 07:43 PM.
The following 4 users say Thank You to Joan Sky for this post:
Old 07-07-2016, 05:29 AM   #74
thewilds
Distinguished Member

Larkspur,
I am an avid reader at Literotica. Thanks Sarah for this week's story suggestion.

Anya is a very good writer. This story definitely falls in the romance genre, but it's content certainly catches my GD, warped tastes. It has a believable story line, a few twists and turns, a villain and a hero. Oh, and some decent sex scenes!

I will be checking out more stories this author offers. Don't let my brief summary dissuade you from reading her work!
Old 07-07-2016, 06:04 AM   #75
Isabellakim50

Im interested
Isabellakim50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk