View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 09:16 AM   #5
nina@
getDare Succubus

Sorry I couldn't be in the discussion

Though I had read this book long ago (like more than a decade ago) I do remember I found this book to be one of the better books in the series.. The major attraction as far as I can remember was knowing about harry's parents past, their friends and the marauder's map which gave us all the phrase "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good", the secret passages in Hogwarts, the knight bus, the concept of animagi, werewolves, time turner, hagrid teaching and of course the hippogriff.. I feel this book was definitely a leap in detailing the background story and introducing new magical concepts..

my questions for fellow readers are the following

1) In the book, you have to gain the trust of the hippogriff before riding it and then it is loyal to you for life, does the concept give insights into trust building in human relationships (D/s) as well?

2) The book introduced many new concepts of the wizarding world, some of which I have listed above. Which one did you find the most intriguing? why?

3) Do you think Trelawney (not her grandmother) was as incompetent as portrayed? If not, support your answer

4) Is such a thing as the time turner really possible in reality?

5) Lupin vs Snape? Who is better and why

6) Can you relate the concept of dementors to any real life phenomenon or disorders (like depression etc)?
nina@ is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to nina@ for this post: