View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 11:28 PM   #4
Kitten
The One & Only

Drink

As I already knew there would likely not be any changes it was more of a theoretical pondering than anything else. Although I would like to point out to you the difference of letting minors virtually stay in a place that may contain sexual topics but in general is not dedicated to it and where they might find other things (like the forums) and a place is specifically and explicitly sexual of nature and where non-sexual topics are actually punished (like the chat).

When I see minors asking or adults soliciting them I do report it (but of course, this doesn't always accomplish anything) and although the issue is obviously getting less because the users that were grandfathered in are growing up too, I don't think it's wrong to ask about the original logic of letting kids visit the BDSM chatroom; Since some forums are blocked for minors there's obviously a realisation that if an area is only geared towards finding sexual kicks, a minor doesn't belong there.

Not sure what half of my OP you're ignoring, Nelly, and not sure what confuses you so about the connection between room rules (like, you may only talk about BDSM) and the allowing of minors in these rooms. It seems relevant to me-- I wouldn't want my baby sister in a chatroom where the rules specify that the chatters are not allowed to talk about anything non-sexual/non-BDSM. Also, it so happens that I've not had that conversation that many times and I had a hard time finding answers around the website itself. I thought a thread would be a good place to ask.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote