Thread: Fiction: Olly
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 06:01 PM   #4
dirtstainz

Default 3: A Pee in the Park

After seeing Oliver’s creepy post, I was nervous to go outside. But I was more nervous to be alone. So ten minutes later, I arrived at the park.

The sun was blazing and hundreds of students were out on the grass. I found my friends huddled in a circle beneath a tree. There was James, Jack and Bradley. Yeah, I know, sausage fest.

I sat down next to Bradley and he handed me a water bottle. I took a swig and coughed. Straight vodka.

‘Really?’ I said.

They laughed.

‘It’s Friday.’ Bradley said.

We talked for a while as the vodka, sunlight and friendly company drained the fears away. As the afternoon wore on, the alcohol marched towards my bladder, and eventually I had to deal with it.

‘I gotta pee,’ I said.

‘Oh?’ James said. ‘Do you need Jack to take you potty again?’

‘Shut up,’ I said, shaking my head, and tried to stand up. But my body wouldn’t move.

Jack, ever the paternal figure, gave me a worried glance. ‘You okay, Dec? You look a little funny.’

Bradley grinned. ‘He always looks funny.’

‘Nah, shut up,’ said Jack. ‘He’s gone white.’

The boys went quiet and turned to look at me.

‘I can’t move,’ I said.

‘What?’ They said in unison.

‘My legs are, like, paralysed or something.’

Jack slid closer. ‘You can’t move them at all?’

I didn’t reply. An anxious feeling started to build in my stomach. I pushed hard against the ground but it was like all the strength had gone out of me. I was weak as a baby.

At that moment I felt a pressing urge to look up, and when I did, I saw him. He was standing in the shadow of a campus building only a few metres away. I couldn’t be certain but it looked like his lips were moving again.

I was about to yell but Bradley’s voice cut in and I went cold.

‘Dec… dude… you’re pissing yourself.’

Suddenly, the warmth around my crotch was all I could feel. I looked down and started to stammer but the words were all gibberish. Jack jumped to action. ‘Brad, gimme your hoodie.’

‘No way,’ said Bradley, ‘I know what you’re thinking and I’m not getting my shit all grungy because pissy pants here can’t control himself.’

Jack rounded on him. ‘Stop being an asshole. He’s clearly not well. Trust me, of all people, I wouldn’t be asking you if there was anyone else who could help.’

Bradley scoffed but he handed it to Jack anyway. ‘You better fucking wash that before you give it back to me, Dec.’

Jack grabbed the hoodie and held it out to me. ‘Can you move?’

I tried to push again and found that the strength had come back to my arms. I looked up to where Oliver had been standing but he was gone.

‘Uh yeah,’ I said, ‘I think so.’

I took the hoodie and wrapped it around my waist. It didn’t cover the front but it was the best I could do.

‘Alright,’ said Jack, ‘let’s get you inside. I’ll try to stand in front so no one sees.’

James had been sitting in shocked silence the entire time, but at Jack’s words he stood up and offered me a hand. Bradley groaned and stood too. ‘Well I’m not sitting out here on my own. Thanks for ruining the day, Dec.’

I didn’t reply. I just took the help offered and followed my friends into the dorm building and up to my room.

The whole journey, my mind was occupied by Oliver. He had been at the lecture when I almost shit myself. And then again when I wet my pants. And somehow he was on my Facebook, too.

It didn’t make any sense, but somehow I felt he was responsible for everything.
dirtstainz is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 4 users say Thank You to dirtstainz for this post: