View Single Post
Old 12-17-2021, 11:02 AM   #213
StrawDog
getDare Succubus

Making things with my niece is the best thing in the world to me. She's growing out of it now, but we used to make furniture for her dolls house out of paper and cereal box card, and board games that of course never got finished, or had rambling rules, or sometimes none at all. She has joint and ligament problems, I can't afford to get her many toys, and there were/are certain other family problems, so I wanted to keep her physically active and too occupied to be effected. I also hoped that by crafting she'd feel more empowered and learn how to see through problems, see she could do things for herself.

The best things were some simple folded paper curtains that she could hang over the rails and decorate herself, and teenie tiny books that I showed her how to make, she loved, and we made more together. She enjoyed those tiny books so much she kept them with her for years, which I'm quietly very proud of as she has some quite impressive toys.

She's getting into paper folding now, and a big reader, so I got her an origami book and some bone tools, to help her fold, this Christmas.

What is a book you feel like you should read, but just can't get into?

'A man’s character is most evident by how he treats those who are not in a position either to retaliate or reciprocate.'

-Paul Eldridge
StrawDog is offline   Reply With Quote