Thread: Doctor Who
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 07:26 AM   #1569
Captain Harkness
getDare Devil

Miracle day would have been better as a two parter... It might have been a tight one but if you remove the flight to America(not important), Gwens movement( Took about five episodes and somehow the CIA didn't pick her up!?!). The Incinerations (NOt important to the plot i doubt). Moving to LA (not important). You could have had a 13 part series have the group meet up in the first. The one in Jacks past as a build up and Oswald as much a she did carry the show has now been sidelined... Bill Pullman did well again now he's back in it but i can't help but feel the acting from Kissenger is so PLASTIC!. All her movements and voices are just horrible and never fit. It has been tolerable until the scene where Oswald hits her. He did so well. The movement, the anger, the voice, the walk, the nerves. Yet she looked like some punching dumby moving a little with a tape playing in the back ground. Just my opinion. But Miracle day could have so easily have been just two episodes. The 1920s a prologue. The meeting up the opener. The American move hasn't sold me. A lot of plot holes but what has he got to do if the company is to blame for demanding it this way. If it's his idea then he should leave. Immediately. A lot of the episode have been worse than his worst Doctor Whos.
I say give it to Chris Chibnall. Wrote Countrycide the best Torchwood episode i believe, He has worked with Starz before and some of the best actors. Jamies Campbell Bower, Joseph Fiennes and Eva Green worked well with him in Camelot and under Starz. All three would be perfect replacements For the Torchwood crew. Bower the timid (bit like Ianto) Fiennes(the complicated and who mixes the whole shbang up) and Eva Green( Some fine booty that would rival Gwen and cause friction, lots of banter to work with in my opinion). That is of course me fantasying. But it would have gone better than the tripe we are been feed.