Thread: Doctor Who
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 09:17 PM   #1562
Thoughtwrangler
Account Banned

Been thinking a little more about why this episode jarred so much with me. The episode is called "Let's kill Hitler" Hitler is out of sight in the first 5 minutes. Why did it need to be set in Berlin?

I think we've already well established that this was clearly just Moffat filling in some back story. I think as long as Moffat is at the helm it will need to be accepted that he is going to work towards a series arc rather than entertaining individual episodes. If that's the case, why can't they be written that way. I'd be happy watching 12 episodes of a continuing theme rather than what we had this week which was a whole lot of back story crammed into one episode.

Can't have it both ways. Either make each week it's own adventure (with occasional 2 parter) or make the series one long story which wouldn't be as good in my opinion but more acceptable than having episodes like this.

On a related note Moffat is a genius at putting precursors and hints into stories. Back in Series 5 episode 4 (First part of the weeping angels story) the Doctor and Amy are walking around the delirium archive, the final resting place of the headless monks. I laughed when I heard that last night.

A bit about me.
A bit more about me

Discord: thoughtwrangler

Proud to own this cunt
Thoughtwrangler is offline   Reply With Quote