View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 12:31 PM   #7
Tease
Whiny Weasel Hunter

I personally dislike the article it's written by someone who clearly thinks people can be pigeon-holed into particular roles and attributed a label by some governing body that's deemed them to be either sub or slave.

What happens to those that don't fall within either category -- should they be left feeling they don't belong in either camp? Life is rarely as black and white as the poster of that article would believe, I know many that would cross over both sets of boundaries or fall outside of either case. What about those who switch?

I've also known those who have always had boundaries and limits until they met the one who made them feel they could give everything and trust in so completely. Humans are not simple creatures.

It also misses completely one crucial element - that of communication. Just because someone has identified themselves as either sub or slave that it shouldn't be treated as gospel. Only through talking, sharing thoughts and feelings with one another plus the experience that comes from being together over a period of time can a couple truly know where they sit and what defines their relationship.

There is no magic blueprint for bdsm - what would should be teaching people is how to discover who they are, what they like and understanding themselves and to be confident in expressing their desires, needs and limits to any potential suitor.
Tease is offline   Reply With Quote