View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 05:57 PM   #8
LilAngel
getDare Addict

Does it really matter?!:

I see so many new users trying to get their post count up, the goal being usually 100-200, and the result being quite a bit of spam. If you are reading this, and you have not yet posted, why not make your first post a good one? Write a story, or a dice dare, ask a set of truths, are all examples of good posts. You should always use proper english and grammar. It's the first indication of your standard within the society.

User Rank:
This is very similar to the above. The user rank doesn't mean ANYTHING. (much) The only way people would think you live up to your title, is by posting good posts. And good posts does not mean spamming the TorD Online section with requests.

How Long You've Registered:
The 'I know more than you' because I've registered for longer does NOT work. Like me, some members might have had another account, but for some reason decided to start again. I've been on gD for much longer than it seems, yet I see many members who have just started, and are posting fantabulously.

Moderators:
Some people seem to forget that moderators do NOT get payed to ban stupid people, or to move threads. They are people just like you and me, and they DO have lives outside of gD. Don't assume that everything they do is right. If you see something weird, report it. There is also no need to get angry at a moderator because they banned your 'friend'. They were banned for a reason. If you disagree, then approach a mod respectfully, and don't be one sided.

MORE:
- Never feel that a member is respected more because he/she has been on the site for longer, and has more posts. YOU CAN EARN THIS RESPECT without the 1000 posts. Be nice, help people out, and generally be a good friend.
- Never feel that you are greater than a member, then you're better. Many young members have higher quality posts than older members. Also, never assume that because a person is 15, he/she won't know anything about D/s. Listen to them, they might give you an opportunity to learn something new.
- If you just registered, and you are feeling uneasy because of your religious values, please, can I just assure that a large majority of the site is Christian, and MANY are Jewish, Buddhist, etc. What you do is up to you.

Back to Top.

WORSHIPS KANGAROOS
LilAngel is offline   Reply With Quote