View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 09:31 AM   #5
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammarling View Post
I'm interested, i just keep missing the time's. Either through being busy, missing the fact an event is coming, or not understanding the time differences.

For example: i've been online almost every day for the last week and i had no idea this event was coming up! I've never seen it in the recent threads, and until now i didn't know there was a specific Live Special Events section... Granted that's a certain amount on me not looking, but i didn't know there was something to look for...

Is there a way to put some sort of banner announcement on the site? Like a pinned note somewhere on the main forums page saying what the next event would be?

Equally, i don't know off hand when 10am MT is for my BST time zone. And needing to go convert that myself isn't making me more interested in the event. In your announcement post it could be nice to do a few time-zone breakdowns, or a GMT we can work it out from.

I've seen a number of these around, but i've usually just been unavailable for them. I would like to get to a couple, i think they could be a great way to get more involved. But yeah, a not good timings and just not knowing they are even happening...
I have tried to advertise it in chat, bump the thread before events and we did have it as a banner when the live events section was opened. It just doesn't seem to work. I don't know how else I can advertise. And sometimes I don't have hours and hours to be in chat reminding people of the events.

If you look at the stickys in this section, you will see that I created two to help with time differences. One is a link to a time zone converter. You can input the time of the event in MT time and then your location and it will tell you what time that is for you.

There is also a team up calendar which shows you all of the events coming up and it will automatically convert it to the timezone of the person looking at the calendar. So todays event will show up as 10 am for me, but will show up as 6 pm or whatever time it is for you ...

If you have any further suggestions on what times would work, what events you are interested in, or how better i can advertise, I would be happy to hear it. I am just getting discouraged because I put a LOT of my time and effort into these events and if nobody wants to attend, there is no point.

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote