View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 04:59 PM   #8
Forced
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan-ide View Post
In accordance with EU law, I am submitting a right to be forgotten request. Please delete my account within the next few days.
A post in a thread... How official and definitely the way to envoke your right to be forgotten IF you have that right.

If getDare stops catering their services to EU countries* and strip all mods and admins (data controllers) who live in the EU from their rank then getDare has no legal obligation to comply with the GDPR. But I'm sure gD won't do this so what are you going to do? Go after getDare when there are still commercial companies violating the GDPR?

Ps. I have no legal background but am aware of to whom the GDPR applies after doing research and asking around some time ago.

* Stop catering the gD service doesn't mean GEO blocking the EU but rather removing any website information (not user information) that can be associated with the EU, such as euro pricings, EN-GB (gD uses EN-US), etc. An example would be to remove the location option EU for M/s ads.

Edit: but with gD's member base consisting of at least a quarter living in the EU, the above is open for discussion. Of course, this will drop below the 10% after a couple of years when the British leave.

Last edited by Forced; 11-11-2019 at 05:20 PM. Reason: established user base
Forced is offline   Reply With Quote