View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 03:28 PM   #45
muddz
getDare Sweetheart

I haven't fully read everyone’s posts in this topic, but from what I understand there are a couple of things going on. OP says it is only meant to be for the master/slave subforum, but even then I think verification is a bad idea.

If it was for the entire site, it is a terrible idea because almost no one would verify themselves, it would become a wasteland of personal advertisements.
In the case of M/S forum, I don't see the problem. If you are bummed out that your conversation partner didn't end up being the person they said they were, you should have asked for proof earlier. After all, you are already talking 1 on 1 to that person. If they refuse after awhile (however long you are willing to put into it), it does not work out, fake or not, because either you are not able to put enough trust in them or they could be fake. You never know which one but that doesn't change the outcome.

As for the rest of the site, (and very much the internet) I learned to just look at the experience. If i have a great conversation or dare exchange with someone who says they are female, are convincing, smart and funny, it does not change the experience for me whether they actually identify as female in real life or not. That is, if pictures are not exchanged, but even then I might be willing to suspend the believe that the person is who I think they are.

I know that is a bit of a liberal idea, and not a lot of people would think the same, but verification would not fix that, in that case you first have to get rid of 90% op the user base, and then indeed, you know you are talking to the person you think you are, but is that person still on the site? Real or not, they might just have given up because their idea of a good time was to just share some dares on the internet, without being judged who they are.

Lets not forget: Gender is not binary, and a lot of users around here are either not comfortable with their sexuality, body or sexual preferences. Do they need to forgo the right to act like how they feel just so you know the person behind the screen is of the gender you feel attracted to?

tl;dr
Bad idea, would alienate people, whether they are faking or not, and verification in D/S ads can just as easily be done 1 on 1.

Edit: I do agree with some sort of age verification system, just because that can actually get someone in a lot of serious trouble. If you end up sharing pictures with a 18+ male while you thought they were female, that is only annoying at worst, if they end up being a 14 year old kid, now there is a terrible situation. As far as I know it is not only highly illegal to get images from someone who is underage, but also to send explicit material to them.

Last edited by muddz; 06-16-2015 at 03:33 PM. Reason: added a thing about age verification