View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 07:49 PM   #289
FelineFrenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenLicks View Post
FelineFrenzy
Type: Pet
Task: This time we'll be practicing your meowing. Meowing is a very important skill for any kitty. To practice this, you'll be meowing along with the words of a song. You don't have to meow especially loud, if privacy is an issue, but you must be sitting like a kitty while you do it: Kneeling with your hands on the ground in front of you (I recommend doing this on a bed or pillow!)

All pets: The first three songs recommended by other pets will be the ones our kitty has to meow along to. Bonus points to anyone that recommends a song.
Okay, I kneeled on a pillow in front of my laptop and gave this my best shot. Here's how it went:

O Mio Babino Caro: Yeah, meowing along to opera that I wasn't familiar with that was WAY outside of my vocal range went just about as poorly as expected. I don't think anyone would have recognized the piece without the opera audio. My voice cracked a ton - I think I came closer to The Cat Piano than O Mio Babino Caro.

Lego 2 - Catchy Song: I think the fact that I hadn't heard this song before was a blessing. I actually greatly appreciated all of the repetitive lyrics and small melodic range after the opera - being able to mostly do "Meow Meow Me-Me-Meow Meow Meow Meow Meow" on repeat was a relief. The song is only kinda stuck in my head - it came back now that I'm writing about it.

Ylvis - The Fox (What Does The Fox Say?): I'm guessing Nowa picked this one because it annoys a lot of people, but I actually kind of like it. (Also, it was a good palate cleanser after Catchy Song.) The fact that I knew it fairly well made it easy enough that I think I actually pulled off passable feline karaoke. (The fact that "Meow" shows up in the lyrics also gave me a laugh.)

Overall, not really that bad given that I had three songs with the intention of making the task harder. (For future reference, I'd like to point out to the doggo that I'm the only one who gave him permission to pee today.)
FelineFrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to FelineFrenzy for this post: