View Single Post
Old 03-09-2010, 10:12 AM   #11
greatsayaman
Distinguished Member

I'm agnostic. I believe it's fruitless to live by any belief that can't be proven.
Most people say "the bible is proof!" but what about the Qur'an? Or other holy scriptures? It's not proof enough.
Likewise, atheism is worse. Mostly because all atheists I know (so personal opinion, I guess) like to act like they're better and smarter than everyone else.

I still believe in helping people and doing my best for them, though. I probably follow that belief more closely than many "religious" people do (though that's nothing against the people on this site who are religious, but the millions of people in the world who claim to be religious but like nothing more than to bitch, make things inconvenient for people, and neglect helping people so they can go do somethin' themselves).

I follow my own morals, not morals forced onto me by a promise of eternal happiness or the threat of eternal misery. I believe everyone should be this way, because it seems only natural to help others when they need it, and having morals forced onto you makes you rather conservative in the long run.
And by forcing religion onto people (mainly your children, I mean. Most kids are brought up and told "you're muslim/christian/etc" without getting to choose the "right" religion for themselves). So that, even if religion does exist, you're not going to hell for worshiping a false god you may not have worshiped individually.

Well, that's MY view on religion, in any case. ^^
greatsayaman is offline   Reply With Quote