View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 11:40 PM   #11
LilAngel
getDare Addict

Default Let's go off the main plot for a bit...

I've been debating about whether or not to share this... and whether it belongs in my blog or here. But GUESS WHAT?! I want you all to know that I have NOT given up on this story so pooooosttteee time.

Written [almost] exactly a year ago, and before I began writing about Rachel. And so it isn't the best of... my... stuff? xD

Preparations

There was a soft, distant chime of a church bell... eerie, subtle...

Rachel walked into the magnificently lit hotel. She could see a small cafe to her left. A dark, sweet aroma of late evening coffee; luxurious rug of velvet lay on the wooden floor boards; oak colored tables, polished and shined to its best. She sighed. Only Carlos could treat her to a place like this.

A man with a red cloak and gently white gloves strutted over.

"May I have the pleasure of taking your luggage up to your room, ma'am?" He spoke with a slight dutch accent.

"Certainly, sir." She followed him down the grand hallway into the elevator.

"You're on level 42," he said, as the doors of the elevator closed behind her.

"Thank you," she answered as she glanced at herself on the large mirror. Rachel smiled, and pressed her lips together making sure the lip lacquer was smooth and shiny.

She noticed the chauffeur in the corner, who couldn't help but stare at her in his peripheral vision. Walking out of the elevator, she slowly made her way down the hallway and opened the door to 42C. She could hear her lover in the kitchen, in amongst the small ching of champagne glasses.

Rachel walked over to the balcony, softly dropping her coat on the king-sized bed along the way. City lights filled the air, the clubs below her had a tint of neon color, bold and loud, screaming out at passing pedestrians. But thats not why Rachel was here. SHe was here to see Carlos. A 20th anniversary.

A soft, warm hand wrapped around her body.

"Did you really think I would let you freeze to death out here?"

"No, but I know that the people reading this would want you to say something a bit more unexpected."

"Why didn't you just say?! Well... Give me some time to think."

The end. (Or is it? )

WORSHIPS KANGAROOS
LilAngel is offline   Reply With Quote