View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 01:35 PM   #24
Asrafel
Account Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
In other forums I visit, many threads briefly go off-topic. I don't see the problem. The OP still has a point, and our mini macro cat session was a small tangent. It's not like we've continued it and completely de-railed the thread.

If you restrict every thread to one small topic, you get rid of fun.

A thread, to me, is like a conversation. You have a conversation with a friend. You'll often go off on tangents but, in the end, you'll probably get back to the main point of the conversation.
Seems to me like you just made a perfect argument for the chatroom situation you didn't seem to care about.

If you restrict each chat room to its own separate approved topics of conversation, chat just doesn't flow as naturally. No fun. =P

Yeah in DS we went off on "casual" tangents, but it always ended up being a little raunchier than what was normally in the lounge. So we always got back on topic, eventually.

J/s.

Dislikes: Being dared, wedgies.

Limits: Public, permanent, scat/watersports, moderate to severe pain, erotic photos/cam, family/incest, friends, children, beastiality, animal play, blackmail, etc (will add as necessary).
Asrafel is offline   Reply With Quote