View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 04:27 PM   #15
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Meh… honestly I don’t see where’s the big deal about this list, really… Some of these are indeed “basic” & rather common actually. And most of them do cover most activities that can easily be found in any BDSM checklists. As a matter of fact, this list reminds me mostly of those very generic (and boring) slave contracts only that it is made in the form of a list instead. Yeah some of them are in fact either repetitive and/or complementary to some others but aside from 2 rules I spotted in this list (and I will address them) I really don’t see where they are outrageous much less abusive in a consensual relationship. Just because some of them covers areas that a lot of people would be reluctant to participate in does not make it insane or silly if they fulfill another one’s need or kink. To each his own…

Where I do see a “problem” however with such lists is that some beginners will stumble on it & think “Hey, sounds great! I’ll pick some for my slave…” I agree with you Oreo when you mention that rules should be “customized” for each partners instead of picking some random stuff on the internet. That’s something I’ve already said not so long ago in other thread. Too many beginners are just so easy to impress & see into articles like these that they must be right since they were written by more experienced people. I think such articles must be taken with a grain of salt & not taken so seriously. As well-intentioned as most of these authors are their writings only reflects their own personal experiences & opinions. Thatr doesn’t mean in any way that they are absolutely right or wrong. Take for example these 2 rules:

Quote:
56. my safeword, verbal or otherwise, cannot be used when i am being punished. i must remember that punishment could never be very effective if i were able to control it - i must take it in full measure - so that i will focus on the correction of my behavior for the long term, for unlike discipline, punishment is not what i will want again. i should know better. However, safewords can be used when i am being disciplined - Master will let me know which is which when the time has come that such treatment is necessary to correct my behavior.
Quote:
64. my limits do not have to be respected - i trust my Master to take me past them when He expects that i am ready - for each side of the wall of my limitations is both pleasurable and a challenge - one side more intense than the other. My only hope in such transferences is that Master will be able to take me there again and again as my relationship to Him progresses through time, that He too will need it as much as i will, and that He will not be afraid to increase the intensity while we are there.
These 2 rules would be almost sure ways to disaster in most relationships & certainly really not smart for beginners to try. Some very few people will develop enough trust & experience to even go there… That’s where it gets problematic when you have some impressionable youngster who will actually believe that rules like those 2 are “basic”. They are not. Yes, it is still possible for some people (not everyone) to get to that point but only after a LOT of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doanything4u
LOL this is not only hilarious but also quite outrageous very seriously any master giving those rules is a sick and twisted person and any slave that has to put up with them I seriously feel for you.
Why is that? Why would it make the Master sick & twisted or feel sorry for the slave if that’s the pattern they choose? With the exception of the 2 rules I mentioned above I don’t see anything that would be abusive or abnormal in any consensual relationship. This list is offers only some examples of rules & they reflect many types of activities that are more or less common in BDSM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doanything4u
So true 128 is alittle over the top…
The list contains 128 examples of rules. The article never mentions that a slave should follow ALL of them nor that the list is a guideline for all Master/slaves…

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreo_is_back
It's folly, obviously. No female in her right mind would follow them. Not to mention they're FOR female slavs and not male. ANother flaw…
The reason why the list is for female slaves is that it was written by a male Master who has been involved in heterosexual D/s relationships & the article was mostly intended for dominant male/submissive female type of relationship although it is mentioned in the article that most of them are adaptable to male slaves…

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaker
Actually master got alot of his rules from this list. (some were changed a little to fit our liking) However i can probably say that i get real far into this. So there are some who will do almost all of these rules. but the main thing is that its what we agreed on. its not master sayin you will do these.
That’s exactly how I think these should be used if anyone would seek for ideas in such lists. Like I said lots of them are definitely basic ones as some others seem to cover different types of activities. Anyone can then adapt them to their own needs & likes.

Again, sorry folks, but I just can’t get it through my head how strongly most of you react to an article that is, in fact just a dull list of examples & especially when the author never ever said that these should be all followed by all slaves in the universe… I think it’s funny to observe so much extreme reactions over something as tame as this & actually tag this article as “extreme”. I mean, if that shocks you then I sure hope you never lay eyes on some other stuff I’ve read…

One last thing about the article (not just the list) is that it is a copyrighted one. I don’t really see a problem with postingthe list here especially if it draws some interesting discussion but as it was already mentioned, in such cases, links should be posted just to avoid potential problems for the site… So here’s that link to the full article:

http://128basicslaverules.blogspot.c...ave-rules.html

Last edited by SubMissChievous; 07-22-2008 at 06:25 PM.
SubMissChievous is offline   Reply With Quote