View Single Post
Old 06-17-2016, 01:29 AM   #15
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Not much to add on what was said in the original post but I wanted to add a bit on the comments about males vs. females regarding the amount of replies to threads.

No I'm not going to dispute the fact that if you're female you're going to get more replies. That's a given considering that there are more heterosexual (or bi) males on here than females. That's simply what the odds are.

However, I have seen some guys get good replies in the past, and some who did almost as many as females. In those particular cases, the trend I noticed was that these members were people who had been active on here for quite some time and interacted well with the community. So while a female newbie may get attention right away just based on gender the trend is simply that if a female gets lots of replies but does not give good follow ups then the attention on her future posts will decrease. While it's the opposite for guys: the first few posts may get less attention than they wished for but good follow ups and reports, being active and fun in general is likely to pay off eventually.

Another thing to consider is that some of us females are a little hesitant to give dares to guys. Myself I don't give them to people I don't know anymore due to the fact that when I did, way too often I would get numerous "propositions" from HNGs wanting to be my slave... It sucks and often times not the thread's original poster's fault but that's how it is.

So... yes, it is uneven but also not entirely impossible to get good responses to threads for guys in TorD. It just unfortunately requires more patience than for girls.
SubMissChievous is offline   Reply With Quote