View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 07:19 AM   #61
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by wewhoare View Post
Some more questions from me.^^
Wishes of good vacation times too.

1. What about tourist industry worldwide would
you improve if were omnipotent? A world ruler?
2. What thing would you miss the most - if you
are on an uninhabitable island: with only "good
to last few days till a resque" emergency kit, a?
3. What is the most dangerous situation you've
ever been (maybe realizing just after), if okay?
4. If a demon suggested a deal: all your future
happiness's gone, but the world becomes quite
noticeably a better place, would you agree, m?
5. The same as 4 - but you never feel any bad
emotions (even of memories) no matter what?
6. Clarifying on an example: imagine a 'strong'
superintelligent AI is created... beyond genius
to human standards. It rules Earth - & with an
iron fist, where it deems it needed. Humans're
without elections - it's immortal and it decides
all the human administrators ... without rights
to decide future jobs, to be allowed activities -
that it doesn't consider suiting a person, etc...
But it figured humans well and its decisions're
actually beneficial. No poverty, safety is great
(not absolute) & almost everyone gets plenty
of opportunities in life - still... The number of
discontented is minimal in all human history;
there are respressed and discontented, cause
the AI isn't omnipotent/all-knowing still. So-o
is this a good thing? Good over Freedom? Or?
7. Would it be awkward to discover simply on
accident someone in the midst of a solo-dare?
8. Would you call dolphins sentient like some?
9. What's your personal definition for "slutty"?
10. Who is scarier, not from a functional POV,
you in anger or spiders? What if that ghost
answered "Boo. Can't we talk like adults?"

*sends a - virtual, alas - smile*
Thanks for another batch of intriguing and sometimes difficult questions, wewhoare

1. I get that tourism is important, needed and also creating jobs, but I dislike it when tourism starts to destroy the culture of a country or negatively affects the local residents. It's a shame how some cities turned out after tourism hit them hard. But it's tricky to balance out I guess and I have to less knowledge about all the specifics, so I'd rather shush instead of ruling with half-knowledge.

2. I would miss having friends and family around me in such a tricky / sad situation the most. Any situation is easier with familiar people around either supporting you or facing a similar fate.

3. I've been in a fairly dangerous situation in the very past which could have ended up with me being no longer on this planet, but it ended up well luckily for me. I won't discuss this in public though as it's a very private and intimate matter which would also expose my GD identity to real friends, so I'll pass on this one.

4. It's a freaking demon, they're demonic, why would I ever do business with them? No way I'd agree to anything as I wouldn't trust a word a demon says.

5. Same reply as (4) - I wouldn't get into devilish deals with devilish creatures.

6. Honestly, a good mixture of good and freedom. I don't think having either of those on their own works, but combining these two ways of leading a city seem like the perfect choice for me. If I really had to pick, I'd probably go for good, although it's a very hard choice and I never really made up my mind in detail about that.

7. Uhh, I guess this depends on what the solo-dare is? Some dares on GD are pretty tame, but I guess in most cases it would be really awkward discovering someone by accident in a middle of a dare.

8. I don't have a doctor in... delphinology? but as far as I can tell from seeing and reading about dolphins they do seem sentient, so I would say they are. After all there are also things like dolphin therapies and such.

9. A person which acts slutty. To also give an answer which doesn't seem like abusing a loophole, it's just anything unordinary or things which are seen as naughty/perverted in public. E.g. dressing skimpy, sleeping with random strangers, ... - but also simpler things, e.g. letting someone else control your orgasms. So it's a really wide range for me and not specifically pinned down to a single property.

10a. Unless I'm talking to an arachnophobic, probably me when I'm angry. It takes ages to get me there and I'm a really friendly and patient person, but if you annoy me over and over a trillion times I might turn out as your next nightmare.

10b. "Sure. Where did you buy that fancy white robe?" - by that point the ghost would no longer be spooky, so I'm fine with smalltalking about whatever ghosts like to talk about.
dimples is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to dimples for this post: