View Single Post
Old 10-26-2019, 04:23 AM   #5
kurious kat
getDare's Kinkiest Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdBob View Post
As an example, if requested GetDare would have to make sure that an EU user's details are not visible to other EU users, even if it doesn't remove them from 'the rest of the world'.
I don't have a legal background, so I don't pretend to be an expert on the specifics, but from reading news articles and other forums, it looks to me like deleting an account wouldn't necessarily be required for that. If a space like getDare were to be subject to the ruling despite not being an EU site, it's quite possible that brief changes to/deletion of identifying information from specific posts, and/or removing certain non-visible, admin-side registration data (like an email address) from the system might be considered adequate for compliance.

Given that, the best defense is always be careful about what details you share here (or anywhere) -- and to at least try to keep it as anonymous as possible from the world at large if you don't really want to risk your neighbors knowing. (Again, I'm not a legal expert, just perpetually curious about the world.)
kurious kat is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to kurious kat for this post: