View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 02:05 AM   #1
Joan Sky
Distinguished Member

Default Tell us something INTERESTING about yourself

Yeah, this was long overdue. People sometimes post things about themselves in the 'extremely uninteresting' thread... And oftentimes funny uninteresting things as well.

Just like the title says, post something interesting about yourself.

This way we get to know each other better and learn some interesting and cool things about each other.

I'll start.

I don't like spiders like most people. Most people react scared, grossed out, or want to smush it. I'm guilty of that too still.

I've been bitten by a house spider once around my eye while I was sleeping four years ago. That was not pleasant. It looked like I had pink eye a little for a week (just by the surrounding swelling which was a little, but that's more than enough) and it had a lingering pain from the bite.

I had to put concealer on it for a several days to look normal while I was working.

At that time, I was working at a State Park making reservations for cabins, campgrounds, informing about the trails etc. One of the many interesting jobs I have had, but that's another story.

Anyway, that's the only time I have been bitten by one so far. I hope I don't again.

But there are only one kind of spider I have always liked in a way.

Ever since I saw Home Alone and saw Buzz's tarantula, and also later when I saw a book about them and a beautiful (but deadly after reading what kind it was and researching it) one on a book cover, I liked them.

I don't know why. They just remind me of fuzzy mammals even though they aren't (that's not hair). I want a tarantula stuffie now, lol (that kinda creeps me out too, but I have mixed feelings about it just like in real life with them like it, yet somewhat scared)

And I wanted to own one at least once one day. Not more than times than that, lol

So I don't know how long it's been. Maybe four months...

I got a pink toe tarantula from a pet vendor. They are black but have pink toes and silky hair. I don't like every spider I see at the shops, but I liked him. He had just molted and looked extra pretty. But I think he just does, because he still is now.

I like looking at animals and seeing the ones with extra personality than normal, or that just call out to you and give you that little tug in your heart.

Sometimes you can't always get them though, so you treasure that moment with them and move forward.

Yeah, my best friend allowed me to keep him in our place, lol but she was scared. She still is, but warmed up to him because she asks me how he is from time to time. She rarely looks at him though. It creeps her out to.

She has frilled dragons and loves reptiles (and got me to like them a lot too) but is scared of tarantulas more than I am, lol

I have a tall critter aquarium that locks shut. I also make sure to feed and water him (and clean his entire home when it is much needed) in a way to make sure he doesn't get out. He's an arboreal type of spider and CAN walk up anything, walk fast, and hop (but USUALLY just walk slow and relaxes, that's all I have seen, I try to be careful not to find out). I got a little more comfortable after going through that a few times. I was scared though. Still am a tiny bit each time, but I've learned some .

I named him Harry.

I hope he's not a girl, lol
then it's short for Harrietta.

I dunno, I just feel he's a boy. Or I would have called her Charlotte

I'll add a pic sometime and post here.

Sorry for the long post to start off. I'll sum it up in the next post to get everyone started

Last edited by Joan Sky; 09-16-2018 at 07:41 AM.
Joan Sky is offline   Reply With Quote