View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 06:15 PM   #3
LitDarkness
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Me View Post
Here is mine I wanna get off of my chest, because it is still somehow bothering me.

Just as a bit of back story: I have always been a chubby girl, but it persisted despite how I ate or how active I was, so I decided at some point in my early 20's to just be healthy. Meaning I would make sure I was eating healthy foods in healthy amounts, and getting good exercise. This kind of life made me feel a lot better, I had lots of energy, and could do anything I wanted (meaning my weight didn't stop me from doing things skinny people did). I was active, had boundless energy, and was happy, but I remained chubby always. I always loved myself anyway, but as I am sure you are aware, people are not nice to fat people.

So 20 years later (about 2.5 years ago) I start getting really sick. It took a very long time (almost 2 years) to get diagnosed (rare disease) and during the whole time I was losing weight rapidly. I have been pretty hardened to people making comments about my weight, so I really thought after 20 years of dealing with people making comments about my weight there was no comment I couldn't deal with? Well, the whole time, people at work are making comments about how great I look because I am losing so much weight. Which wasn't nice, given the situation, but it is not that bad. But I am getting sicker and sicker and sicker, and finally get a diagnosis. It is an incurable, basically untreatable rare disease, and I am just going to get sicker and sicker until I am bed bound.

At some point I am so sick that I am doing basically nothing except working a few hours of work every week. I have no energy to do anything else. I couldn't eat basically anything, and if I did I would throw a lot of it up. I can't buy new clothes that fit, and even if I could do the shopping I can't wear clothes that fit because of the pain. So I basically look like a frumpalump all the time.

One of my last days at work (eventually I was so sick I couldn't even work a few hours of work a week), I was meeting with my boss, and she says, as like a pep talk about my illness, "Well at least you're losing weight!"

I hope I don't need to explain beyond that?
That may have been a dumb moment but, I think she needed to think a little more.

I had someone ask me what's wrong once and yell at me for telling them. I didn't want to him what was wrong in the first place, he just had a tendency to keep asking.

30/1,603 edges+ 2 more days of denial after edges
Make My Denial Harder
Denial Diary
6,000th post tasks and reports

Likes + Limits
Stuff I Can Use for Dares
BDSM Test Results
PM DARES
Stories & Poems

Spelling or Grammar Mistake: Let Me Know
Help Break My Cursing Habit

Live with people and do not own toys. Keep in mind when daring me please.

Not your bitch and calling me names or trying to Dom me is probitted. Violators will be declared as idiots.
LitDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote