Thread: Tips and tricks
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 09:48 AM   #8
Luffy90

Some tricks i've picked up over time would be:
Right after u finish a chapter, look it over a few times to fix typos. Then, once you feel you got most sorted out, put the chapter away for a few hours, or a day. then read it over again after you have let it rest for a bit. I feel it makes it easier to find things that feel off this way.

Also whenever you are unsure how a word is written, it takes like a second to google it, and you also improve your language this way. Helps a lot when english isn't your native language, plus it looks better when the words are correct.

For finding inspiration to continue/finishing stories im as blank as most i think. I can get really stuck on quite dumb small details, and that stops me completely from writing. Then other times i feel like there's no stopping the creativity from coming through.

For feedback, i have no idea either. it'd be great to have some test reader. but i've never felt like things i write is important enough to take peoples time like that. I've been lucky enough that a few have just talked to me about my stories through PM's. But i guess without you specifically asking someone for feedback, you generally won't get it.
Luffy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to Luffy90 for this post: