View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 08:45 PM   #10
Joan Sky
Distinguished Member

Default Finish writing a 33,500 word fanfiction visual novel game

Date to reach Goal:
September 1st - one month from now

Why I am aiming to complete this goal:

Because I have pushed it off too long. I started it in the middle of March. I have done a portion of the work already, but the past two months have been kinda rough with other stuff... I just messaged my teammate and hope they're still okay with me and the project moving forward. They've been gone for a little while before too, but it was less than mine was just now. And they've been pretty cool with me and happy with what I have come up with so far. They messaged me to check in on me a couple of times recently but didn't say they took me off it. And they may have had other stuff going on too.

How I plan to reach this goal:
Working everyday, cramming, crunching hard for the entire month. I have to write everything, the storyline for each route, it's choices, and endings... It needs to be good enough. And the rest of the time they can draw and game design until it's finished (their goal release date is the end of the year) and I'll make adjustments simultaneously and try to be as helpful as I can.

Other:

I sent my teammate this letter ~

Sorry, everything is okay. I know you need to draw soon to get it done by your goal of the end of the year. I will try my best. Please forgive me. How have you been so far?

I will post my daily progress every day to show how much I'm trying. Any ideas I post and writing I have come up with for the day will be part of a draft that becomes fined tuned and polished towards the finished product. There's only four and a half hours left today. I will post my daily progress and everything new I have done everyday at nine pm central time starting tomorrow. I will set two daily alarms near that time as a reminder. I am going to try and crunch to finish all the writing one month from now ~ September 1st. That is my goal. I will be available everyday to communicate. You don't have to be available everyday, I just want you to know that I will post everyday, when you can reach me everyday, and that you can read each days progress (when you check in on it) until the goal date. I meant everything I said before and throughout, and I'm sorry it's been bumpy so far. I hope you can forgive me, and that I show you more and more each day that you put your faith in the right place and that I make both us proud. I want us to make a good visual novel that everyone can enjoy.

I will post here every day for a month because this project is important to me. Creative writing is really important to me and I don't do it much as I would like (and that's an understatement). My goal on here is to post everyday with the daily "goal update" template provided at the beginning of the thread. I will submit each day's work to my teammate at the same time I mentioned each day, and after that will fill out this template and post my progress on here.

I'm not going to post my work on here, I'm just giving a basic summary of the work I did and everything else mentioned in the goal update.

I chose this to aid me because although I am talented and have a lot of potential I have hard time finding the motivation... I often feel lost, unsure, an unmotivated and that's the opposite of what I want to be. I'm not trying to sound weird, but sometimes I feel like I'm one of those geniuses that can't even tie their own shoe. Like there's some kind of block I have that I need to figure out, not to mention my different learning styles and the tools and aids to go with them. I get through things fine, but I don't want to be just okay (or somewhat so) and not do the things I really want to. So I'm trying. First update tomorrow.

Thank you for this thread LitDarkness.

Last edited by Joan Sky; 07-31-2018 at 11:05 PM.
Joan Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Joan Sky for this post: