Thread: Fiction: My Two Best Friends
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 08:10 PM   #52
TorD180

Default Chapter 23: Hiking Back

Chapter 23: Hiking Back

Thursday, 2:20 P.M., Adam

It only took half of the hike back to work out all the details for the party. Well, more of a small get together of friends. Jack and Andrew were both cool with changing our plans for Friday night and were excited to come. Another guy from our soccer team, __, would also be joining as well as four of the girls’ friends. I knew them well and spent plenty of time hanging out with them in the past. We all got along well, one of them, Emily, even had a huge crush on me. She was normally shy around most guys so I didn’t think anything of it, but not too long ago she had confided in Jess. Unfortunately, since I too was shy, nothing had come about it although I also had a small crush for her for the past year or so. Not as big of a crush as I had on Jess and Anna of course, but it was rather close.

Other, more boring, details were also made about what each of us should bring and what not, but those were relatively inconsequential. What was much more important was what he talked about regarding the three of us. In our much more jovial mood, compared to the hike to the falls, we discussed our newfound friendship and what all it entailed. It was decided that a little exploring wouldn’t hurt anyone, but if for any reason we felt our friendship was in jeopardy of being hurt that we would all stop immediately and go back to the way things were.

“I think we should have a safe word.”

“A safe word?”

“Yeah, something to signal the other person in a moment of fun so nobody gets too uncomfortable. That way we can learn each other’s boundaries and not push them too far.” Jess seemed to be full of good ideas today.

“I like it. What should it be?”

“Me too.” I agreed. Another thing that we talked about on our hike back was just how inexperienced we all were with this whole sex thing. Not only were we all three virgins, but the events an hour ago were by far the furthest any of us had gone. I thought about Anna’s question. No words came to my mind because it kept drifting back to what happened by the waterfall. The waterfall. “How about ‘waterfall’?” Both girls scrunched their faces in contemplation.

“That word sounds more like a fun word than a stop word.” Anna did have a point.

“Why don’t we have two words? One for if were too uncomfortable and a second to let the others know that were interested in being a little more than friends that moment. That way we can still hang out like old times without any pressure of what might happen.” Another good idea of Jessica’s. We walked for a minute in silence while we thought.

“How about chicken?” Anna’s suggestion seemed like the obvious answer, and neither of us could think of a better one, so it was settled. We gave each other a knowing smile and nodded in agreement. The three of us were now officially friends with benefits. With this newfound relationship we hiked on cheerfully and enjoyed the peacefulness of the forest.

Suddenly Anna jumped in front of us, stopped, and turned. “Waterfall.”

My head spun around and looked for one. “Where?” Then it hit me. “Wait, right now? Already?”

“Well, I did win the game earlier and still haven’t gotten to use my one wish yet. It’s time for you to pay up.”

“Okay, but I’m not running back to the waterfall to jump in the pool.”

“Don’t worry, I have an even better idea. You know my underwear that I was wearing earlier?”

Those panties and what they hinted at below would be the last memory I held onto even after dementia made me forget the faces of my children. “Of course, I remember.”

“I dare you to put them on.”

“But they’re still soaked! It will be miserable walking back.”

“You don’t have to walk back in them. You just have to put them, and only them, on.”

What little skin they would have covered before, which still wasn’t much, wouldn’t be able to hide under the still see thru material. I gulped at the prospect. My eyes roamed the forest and trail for any passersby though we still had yet to see another person today. “Fine, whatever.” I reached into the bag to grab them but was stopped by a hand.

‘One more thing. I get to put them on you.”
TorD180 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 4 users say Thank You to TorD180 for this post: