View Single Post
Old 05-09-2018, 03:17 PM   #19
pixie.dust
Precious Gem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMichaelNY View Post
Hey Alexis

First off, as pointed out, everybody goes thru what your going thru right now. As for your degree, I don't know what it is in, but a lot of people have to move in order to find work, and when I say move, like a few states over. Let me put a though in your head, have you checked out the Military, and becoming a officer, I'm sure they would have the type of work your looking for, and best yet, you can retire in 20 to 25 years

My Nephew, is going to college now, and his major is auto engineering. When he is done, he will not be able to find a job here in New York, he's going to have to move to Texas, or Ohio, or another corn state.

One of my cousins, has a Master's degree, he couldn't find work, and he is working as a janitor in a school. Also his Mother found the job for him. His sister, has a degree in business, and the only work she could find is being a store manager. Also, they live in the Metro New York area. So you see it's kind of bad all around...
Hello Sir,

I have looked into the military, would be a decent way of life with great benefits. However, I would have to lie in MEPS to get in and could get jail time if discovered. I have dyslexia and depression (both are in my medical records at school and elsewhere) which would disqualify me for the military. I would need top-security clearance for the position and this would be discovered after some time.

I don't openly admit I have these in civilian interviews or applications as the same would be said for them, only with less ramifications. The most that could happen if discovered is being fired for lieing or something. I used to be honest, but I never got any bites at all.... Then I stopped being honest and all of the sudden... Bam... The next week I was getting calls. Discrimination is very real, the problem is... It can't really be proven. It is why I hate those self-volunteer identification things... They lead to discrimination to a degree.

Anyways, sorry for my rant, I just get tired of posturing and the application process for all of these companies. They take forever and then their computer program is probably auto rejecting me.

I know that I am giving it 2 - 3 weeks and I will starting looking into the trucking stuff. Just live in in a truck and save every penny towards retirement. Basically see it as a 20-30 year Stent and then I can buy a little house and be happy.

I would rather have an 8 - 5 (m-f) job where I could have a bed at home with showers and pretty dresses and such(I like to be pretty, sue me) . Pretty sure I could get away with having a mini skirt, bra and panties in a truck. Could say they are "souvenirs" and the like. Don't know if they inspect the inside or not. Doubt I could have dresses, wigs, dildos, makeup, etc.. Maybe some tight jeans and a more feminine shirt. Plus I could grow my hair out, would be kind of normal. But definitely would be better if I could have a home and a standard job that allowed me to still see family.

I will try to keep my chin up and keep at it, there are a bunch of people in my shoes as fromo and others have already said. I believe the unemployment rate is a bit higher than what they are currently saying it is. That wouldn't include me as I haven't been fired, so.... Yeah

I may give it a tad longer, don't want to jump the gun. :/

-little alexis

Likes || Limits!

Currently owned by Daddy Komodo Jones

Last edited by pixie.dust; 05-09-2018 at 03:25 PM.
pixie.dust is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to pixie.dust for this post: