View Single Post
Old 10-11-2020, 12:19 PM   #9
MissMaria
Distinguished Member

Chapter 4

I made my way home more than a little confused about what had just happened and still had more questions than answers, though I tried to put them out of my mind after all Jess had promised to destroy everything if I did what she asked and I had. Getting to sleep that night was more than a little difficult because something kept playing on my mind, if she was going to destroy the photos why had she taken another one? I had no answers and I defiantly was not going to try to get hold of her to find out and risk a repeat or worse.

When I woke the next morning I had no wish to get out of bed, I felt as though I had only slept for an hour the night before and that was not enough. “Come on its Friday, there will be time to sleep over the weekend, its only 1 day,” I thought to myself willing myself from the bed. Slowly rising up my muscles protested but not as much as my eyes that were stinging as though a needle had gone through them to my brain. Making and drinking a morning coffee I continued to will myself on, “come on last day of the week”

Arriving at work 15 minutes before anyone else I was immediately glad that I had because hanging there on the gate was the photo from yesterday, I quickly snapped it down and looked up and down the street but could see no sign of anyone around, “When did she put this here? And how? And why? How douse she even know where I work? I didn’t tell her, and my family doesn't know where I work” I thought to myself. Turning the photo over revealed that written on the back was “text me once your off work” with a phone number next to the words was the shape of lips, had she kissed it just to leave lipstick? This was getting really weird and clearly was not going to go away as I had hoped.

I could not concentrate at all at work, I was constantly looking over my shoulder, but I was also tired. I found myself in the boss's office just over an hour later at 9:45 asking if I could duck out early as I wasn’t feeling well, which wasn’t even a lie at this point I was legitimately feeling as though I would throw up, just not from illness. As I came out of the garage I could see someone disappear around the corner at the end of the road, no I was sure I could see a blond women go round that corner. I darted as fast as I could to the corner and searched every inch of the street with my eyes 3 times but could see no one there, it was a dead-end road so no other way out but there was no one to be seen.

I turned to walk back the way I had come to head to the bus stop to go home, “you’re letting her get to you” I thought to myself “imagining her around corners like she’s some spy hell-bent on catching her target, what's next are you going to start hearing her too, wake up it's all in your head, you’re just paranoid don’t let her get to you like this!” I beat myself up the whole way home for being so paranoid but was still sure I had seen her by the time I was home. I decided to get some sleep hoping things would be better once I woke up.

I woke with a start, my phone was ringing and I rushed to grab it not sure if it was something important, It was Phill one of my oldest friends,

“Hay Phill sorry I was asleep, been ringing long?”
“A little only twice mate, just wanted to check your ok?”
“Yeah I’m fine bro, why what makes you think something is up?”
“Well, it's a little awkward mate… what it is…”
“Come on Phill we’ve known each other for years you know you can tell me anything”
“Well that is kinda why I called, I wanted to know if there was something you wanted to tell me to be honest?”
“I don’t think so Phill, nothing comes to mind” I was starting to get a little worried now but assured myself that it was just the paranoia again, maybe I was meant to meet him for a drink or something silly and I just forgot with everything going on.
“Well, what it is mate is, when I got in this afternoon there was a letter through my door…” My heart plummeted “It says 'David has a secret, something he is hiding from you, I can tell you if you wish, just leave a carrier bag under a stone on your porch and I will ensure you know', so I just wanted to check what's going on?”
“Come on Phill I tell you everything, it's probably Linda, she’s still upset we broke up, she texted Steveo the other week. I will sort it out Phill sorry you got pulled into this mate”
“Yeah, that makes sense… I guess, just take care mate”
“No worries you to Phill later”

I hung up feeling sick to my stomach, I had been asleep 3 hours and then this, I quickly grabbed the photo and texted the number ‘I thought we had a deal, what else do you want from me?’ Within minutes I had my reply, my hands shook as I opened the message...

Likes, Dislikes & Limits
PM Commands

Member of the unofficial getDare PM Dare Commission.
Help spread the word and the PM Dares! Join Today!
PM me a dare to find out how.
MissMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to MissMaria for this post: