View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 01:59 AM   #3
Isabella M.

https://sextoycollective.com/blog/un...1O3VQ9DohmVJzA

This article does a good job of explaining toys to stay away from and toys to invest in; I would recommend saving up some money for a better quality toy, as opposed to a cheaply made one sold on Amazon, where many brands aren't upfront with what their products are made of.

If you are looking for toys to insert into yourself, I would recommend one made from 100% silicone (or another material like the article mentions, such as glass or wood). If you select a toy with questionable materials, for your health and safety (sometimes people experience burning as a consequence of a toy's material) I would recommend putting a condom on the toy with each use. Regardless the material, you should always be sure to wash it in hot water (unless otherwise instructed by the manufacturer) before and after use.

If you're looking into vibrators, I think material is a bit less important, but I still suggest investing in one's with a better rep and better quality, as opposed to investing in one that's cheap/unreviewed/unclear materials (I bought the same vibrator twice on amazon because it was cheap, and both broke within less than two months despite not overusing it or being rough with it - I wouldve saved more money buying something that lasts). The hitachi magic wands seem to be the go to for a lot of people, but they are relatively loud.

For anal play, butt plugs are the main thing; if you want to use anything for anal, I recommend also buying lubricant if you don't currently have any. Latex gloves also help your hand(s) stay cleaner. I would also recommend looking at plugs made from silicone (because again, if you're putting something in you, it should be made of materials that likely won't harm you), and one's with a more rounded (as opposed to a pointed) tip. There's also anal beads, and that's largely a texture thing; you can also use dildos, but you should use separate dildos for anal and vaginal play to keep things sanitary (same goes for any other toy).

There's also benwa balls, which help with kegel (pelvic floor) exercises and that's supposed to be good for you. They're basically little round weighted balls that you can place in your vagina and wear casually. (https://www.webmd.com/sex/what-are-ben-wa-balls#1)

Things to think about:
textures you like
how you'd hold a toy (vibrators with a long handle are probably easier to use than ones with a shorter handle)
where you want pleasure (clit? clitoral vibrator (so it has one small vibrating thing on the end), less central but on the clitoral region? a massage wand wand, both vaginal and clitoral focus? a rabbit vibrator, just used for penetration? a normal dildo)
want something wearable? (think: butt plug, benwa balls, wearable vibrator)

Here's another link discussing some different toys:
https://www.wellandgood.com/types-of-vibrators/

Last edited by Isabella M.; 12-31-2020 at 02:10 AM.
Isabella M. is offline   Reply With Quote