View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 08:59 AM   #15
carelessprogram
Account Banned

@RiskyFlame, please don't move away from the dangers of getdare. That's exactly what my point was, guys pretending to be girls was just one of the examples and the most easy to get a response for from an admin.

There's not much more to say. I think getdare is lacking in taking the responsibility they have. Getdare is an online platform to meet people for non mainstream sexual acts (sure that's maybe not what truth or dares real meaning is, but it's a very big part of the site) and that in itself brings responsibilities. If the admin team is understaffed, you need to expand it or shut down certain parts of the site. But you agree on that part .

But there are other problems. By coincidence I noticed two topics yesterday about a person wanting to be anonymized because he was getting stalked. It seems there is no procedure for this. Since getdare operates in Europe it has to comply to the GDPR, although I'm not exactly sure it applies to this site (although I know other forums do comply). Anyhow, I think it would be a good thing that breathes security if this is something that's possible by default. Another problem with GDPR is that getdare uses google tag manager and is not configured to anonymize ip addresses, yet there is no cookie consent. I'm far from an expert on GDPR, but as far as I know this breaks the law.

All in all, this site does not breath the security it should. I hope something gets done with this feedback. If not, perfectly fine, but I will never ever trust this site anymore and hopefully others don't as well.