View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 08:53 AM   #7
carelessprogram
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
I would guess that at a least a quarter to half of the people on this site are only here to live in a fantasyland. They have no intention of actually following through with dares or instructions. That isnt my intent on this site, but it is not responsibility to take that away from somebody else.

Its the internet. You can be anybody you want to be.
I agree with this part of your post. However I don't agree on the first part.

The men replying to my hypothetical add where I'm posing as a female did not give consent to engage in sexual acts with someone who is actually male. Just as consent is needed in real life, it is needed on the internet as well. And why would I lie about my gender? Very likely because that way I can get something I would have otherwise not get (as you probably know, just the fact that you are female gathers way more interest regarding anything sexual on the internet) and I could potentially blackmail people. Of course, that chance is always there, but quit a lot bigger when I already lie about my gender. Those men did certainly not consent to that.

You can't verify me and users have their own responsibilities for their online safety as well. But once I'm outed as a faker, you should get rid of me. I potentially endanger every one on this site. In my (west European) country I've read more than once in the news about men being blackmailed after sending pics to other men posing as women. They often just pay up (of course that's often what the blackmail is about), because they are ashamed. But once you pay the first time, they just try a second time. You're telling me getdare is actually facilitating in these practices by not banning known/outed fakers.

On the internet you can be everyone you want to be, so you're saying. But you are actually banning underage users. This is a good thing, don't get me wrong, but I don't see how your other statements are in line with this. Those underage users are banned because, according to the law, they cannot consent. The men responding to my hypothetical ad could not give consent to engage in sexual acts with a man because they were lied to.