View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 02:22 PM   #49
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcifer View Post
The friendly debate was fun! Thanks for setting this up.

I think it would be helpful to give an estimate for how long you expect each session to last. For example, you knew that you would only be around for 1 hour today, so you could say that your proposed debate topics would last about an hour total (although the discussion can continue even after you leave).

For anybody who's showing up late, this would give them an idea of how long everybody will be there. For longer chats, like maybe truth or dare, this might also encourage people that it's okay to show up late (i.e. if you expect it to go at least 3 hours, then it's okay to show up 1 hour late). Just a thought.

For the debate idea in particular, I think it might be fun to encourage people to bring their own topics of discussion too (as long as it doesn't get too controversial).

It would be cool to see people continue chatting long after the event is over! This is something everybody can help with. I remember the chat rooms being pretty popular years ago, but it seems like this popularity has waned over time. Hopefully we can bring it back!
Thank you for the lovely comment! Normally I don't have to go so suddenly, but after the event had already been started, I had a meeting get scheduled at work and I had to cut our time short. Typically I like to keep the events going for at least an hour, but for example the Would You Rather event last almost 3 hours the other night.

I also think it would be fun to have others bring topics of their own, however, as I am just starting out and trying to get a feel for interest and routine on how each type of event should be run, I am trying to keep them a bit more under my control. However, I do hope they will develop into something more. I would love to seen an event continue for hours after I have had to leave. The whole goal is to get people talking and interacting with each other.

Thanks again for coming and hope to see you soon!

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Butterfly for this post: