Thread: Doctor Who
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 11:21 AM   #1780
Leopard
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

If two different sex people kiss, it's cliche. If two same sex people kiss, it's queerbaiting fanservice? What? So much labelling. But I guess it served its purpose if it got you mad. Also lol more upset about two females kissing than about a human kissing a reptile.

I wouldn't have minded the throwback to The Girl in the Fireplace if they hadn't felt the need to smash it over our heads over and over and over. I guess they realise their long term fans have brains made of pudding, but seriously, we're not all spanners.

I like that it can still get creepy and scary, and that there are some clever little hints and tricks and things still there. I just wish they weren't the exception. Some parts are tacky and cheap as ever, but I guess that's a staple of the show by now so whatever.

I didn't really like Capaldi much, although I did feel like something sneaky was trying to be suggested in the alleyway, aside from the random Scottish crap. Not sure where he was going with it though. I really liked the idea that he might now be untrustworthy that they were doing earlier on -trying not to write anything spoilery for those that haven't seen-

So yeah, some really clever stuff, a lot of really cheap crap, but overall many feels.
Leopard is offline   Reply With Quote