Thread: The Scene
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 02:11 PM   #39
nellybell
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

I have to say I'm with the mods on this one.... The room has become a mess of arguments and it's driving people away, myself included. I agree with loke that you should be allowed to talk a bit if no one is doing anything. No one wants to be in a silent room and a strictly no off topic conversation rule is not condusive to keeping people in a room. Without people in the room there will be little to no sceneing which completely kills the reason for the room. There are only so many times you can scene in a day and only so many topics of bdsm to talk about before things get really dull. Therefore it is kind of unrealistic to expect to have an active room without some talk in it.
As for backseat modding, I know it's a very touchy subject, but something should be altered a bit with it. We all know that it has sparked a fight on more than one occasion and that is something we are trying to avoid, correct? People have enacted rule 3 many times, so many that I no longer have to read the rules to know almost exactly what it says. I think the only problem with that rule is that it is way over used, and mostly for the sole reason to tell other people what they think should happen, basically thinking they have some extra power over other people. I honestly believe that if the rule is changed to normal users can only ask for the conversation to move if it is interupting a scene or conversation about bdsm, it might solve a few of the problems. (In other word if you don't have a little blue dot next to your name it really isn't your place to ask people to leave unless it is truly disruptive)
I'm really sorry this is long winded and all but I figured i would get it all done at once. I know some people won't like this, but it is my opnion, love it or hate it.